Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• sgriskasgriska Posts: 103Member Member Posts: 103Member Member
    daklock wrote: »
    Dislocating your joints can be a real thing. My husband dislocated his shoulder one night while sleeping. Physio therapy aggravated the situation even more. They didn't really believe it was dislocated and had him doing lifting exercises with weights. He was in agony. Luckily, he was able to pop it back in (with my help) and hasn't had any problems since. But it was one of the only time I saw my husband cry. Glad to hear that you can wiggle your joints back into place without too much trouble.
    Sgriska wrote: Without so much fat on my body, some of my joints seem hypermobile, in particular my shoulders. They don’t literally “dislocate,” but if I’m not mindful I can easily twist around into positions where they slip out of alignment and kind of get “hung up” on things and a bit stuck, so I have to kind of wiggle and shake them back into place

I didn’t at all mean to suggest it’s not a real thing, just that what I’m experiencing isn’t actually that but I’m having a hard time describing what’s going on and that sounds kinda similar but not really, cuz no pain, no injury, just bones literally ending up in the wrong location for smooth mobility because they’ve become too flexible.
  • HDBKLMHDBKLM Posts: 422Member Member Posts: 422Member Member
    Roza42 wrote: »
    That when you lose fat, fat soluble hormones such as estrogen are released wrecking havoc on your body.

In no way am I doubting you, but could you describe some of what you're experiencing from a symptomatic angle? I'm curious if maybe this can explain some stuff with me.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Posts: 840Member Member Posts: 840Member Member
    besmith11 wrote: »
    hazeleni wrote: »
    Something I noticed last night..
    I cant sleep on my side because my knee bones hurt when they touch each other

I am also having that issue. If you sleep on your side does your shoulder hurt in the morning too? Or am I just old?

If you have lost a significant amount of weight, it might be time for a new mattress, as your body might now prefer a different kind.

Dear lord, I better not get a keener sense of smell, I am already more sensitive than most.

I had to get a mattress pad, it helped a lot, but all of a sudden I'm getting the shoulder and arm numbness again. I think my cheap mattress pad is wearing out, it was cheap after all.

Time for a thicker one I guess.
  • Roza42Roza42 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    That when you lose fat, fat soluble hormones such as estrogen are released wrecking havoc on your body.
    HDBKLM wrote: »

In no way am I doubting you, but could you describe some of what you're experiencing from a symptomatic angle? I'm curious if maybe this can explain some stuff with me.

I had some of these issues. More intense PMS, period cramping, etc.

I am 53 and hadn't had a period in 3 months when I started losing weight I started having painful periods every 3 weeks. I asked the doctor and she said that estrogen is a fat soluble hormone that is stored in fat. When you lose fat the estrogen is released.
  • Roza42Roza42 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    Sorry about the duplicate posting. Something went wrong with our internet.