Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:
Possible Fitbit Downtime Thursday, November 14th between 22:30 and 23:00 PDT. Please see our Support Announcement for more details.

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• HDBKLMHDBKLM Posts: 456Member Member Posts: 456Member Member
    Roza42 wrote: »
    That when you lose fat, fat soluble hormones such as estrogen are released wrecking havoc on your body.

In no way am I doubting you, but could you describe some of what you're experiencing from a symptomatic angle? I'm curious if maybe this can explain some stuff with me.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Posts: 896Member Member Posts: 896Member Member
    besmith11 wrote: »
    hazeleni wrote: »
    Something I noticed last night..
    I cant sleep on my side because my knee bones hurt when they touch each other

I am also having that issue. If you sleep on your side does your shoulder hurt in the morning too? Or am I just old?

If you have lost a significant amount of weight, it might be time for a new mattress, as your body might now prefer a different kind.

Dear lord, I better not get a keener sense of smell, I am already more sensitive than most.

I had to get a mattress pad, it helped a lot, but all of a sudden I'm getting the shoulder and arm numbness again. I think my cheap mattress pad is wearing out, it was cheap after all.

Time for a thicker one I guess.
  • Roza42Roza42 Posts: 243Member Member Posts: 243Member Member
    That when you lose fat, fat soluble hormones such as estrogen are released wrecking havoc on your body.
    HDBKLM wrote: »

In no way am I doubting you, but could you describe some of what you're experiencing from a symptomatic angle? I'm curious if maybe this can explain some stuff with me.

I had some of these issues. More intense PMS, period cramping, etc.

I am 53 and hadn't had a period in 3 months when I started losing weight I started having painful periods every 3 weeks. I asked the doctor and she said that estrogen is a fat soluble hormone that is stored in fat. When you lose fat the estrogen is released.
  • Roza42Roza42 Posts: 243Member Member Posts: 243Member Member
    Sorry about the duplicate posting. Something went wrong with our internet.