Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• RelCanonicalRelCanonical Posts: 2,633Member Member Posts: 2,633Member Member
    I wonder if I will become more veiny as I lose weight or get older. My feet have always had a decent amount of fat. When I wear strappy shoes I always get little pudges of fat poking out, lol. They don't bother me too much because it's not really noticeable unless you look closely, but I definitely am not veiny at all.
  • Roza42Roza42 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    Nobody told me I would be grossed out by my veiny feet! I'm exaggerating a bit but I was shocked by all the veins the other day LOL!
    For me it’s my neck.

My hands and arms. My skin is so thin even the tiny ones pop now.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Posts: 840Member Member Posts: 840Member Member
    My veins pop sometimes, not when you want them to though.

When I work out, they are massive. Very well hydrated and blood pumping hard and fast.

Had minor surgery, thought "well they will have no problem finding a vein!" Wrong. No fluids after midnight the night before, those things shrunk right up.

I had no idea they changed so much with hydration level, but they do.
  • workinonit1956workinonit1956 Posts: 1,028Member Member Posts: 1,028Member Member
    Nobody told me I would be grossed out by my veiny feet! I'm exaggerating a bit but I was shocked by all the veins the other day LOL!
    For me it’s my neck.
    Me too!
  • grinning_chickgrinning_chick Posts: 713Member Member Posts: 713Member Member

O M G... THIS. This, so much, lol. I don't remember my feet being this veiny before I piled on 80+ lbs. of fat, either. Because I know they weren't. Makes me want to go through and see if I have any pictures from back when I was 140 lbs. of my feet to compare the extent of it, lol.

I mean, I understand the physiology behind the expansion of the vasculature in adipose tissue via angiogenesis just fine conceptually. But to see it on myself? Freaky deaky, man...
    edited June 13
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Posts: 2,633Member Member Posts: 2,633Member Member
    hmxo88 wrote: »
    That it’s possible to have negative side effects. I’ve been dealing with hormonal acne for about 8 months now after losing 70 lbs. I’ve had clear skin my entire life (I’m 30). My skin is just now calming down naturally but I still have to get to a doctor and dermatologist. I’m assuming my weight loss threw my hormones out of whack or something. (I’ve read that estrogen is stored in fat so it makes sense that a huge weight loss would equal a hormone imbalance) but who knows lol. I wanted to feel good about getting healthy but it’s been overshadowed by feeling self conscious about my skin.

I am wondering if this is my situation too. I've been struggling with acne a lot lately, and although my memories are fuzzy, this seems worse than what I was dealing with during puberty. It wasn't so painful back then.
  • smantha32smantha32 Posts: 6,964Member Member Posts: 6,964Member Member

You can get the appearance reduced with laser treatments. My legs got really veiny a few years ago. I did it at a spa and it only cost 250. You can barely see them now. It was good money spent.
  • IsETHomeIsETHome Posts: 296Member Member Posts: 296Member Member
    Fat brain has a long shelf life.

I decided to start running and went out Saturday and got professionally fitted for shoes. Clerk got down on ground and took a video of my gait, from behind, thighs down to feet, and played it back for me, so she could show me how my feet land, if they pronate, etc.

I thought she had replayed the wrong video and wanted to argue with her til I realized the woman in the video was wearing my shoes and socks.

That was the strangest sensation. Out of body, almost. Like, my brain was saying “hahaha, you know that can’t be you, fat *kitten*. Dream on!” while my eyes were saying, “but who else could it be?”

We are our own worst enemies.

Nice moment of realization of your achievements thus far - well done.
  • rheddmobilerheddmobile Posts: 4,320Member Member Posts: 4,320Member Member
    I love my veins now! When I was obese I had tiny veins. When I had my ovarian torsion they were trying to give me morphine and couldn’t find a vein and ended up giving it intramuscularly because I was literally screaming in pain! I think having big veins feeding into my muscles is cool. I have a really big one in my upper arm that only pops when I lift weights.