Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• TheMrWobblyTheMrWobbly Posts: 655Member Member Posts: 655Member Member
    That no matter who you start your lifestyle change most will stop and it is only you who can keep it going
  • jwilliams1975jwilliams1975 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

Your turn!

Your turn!

Your turn!

Your turn!

• janinemharrisjaninemharris Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
    Lol @lemonsurprise I thought the runny poo.was just me!
  • dramaqueen45dramaqueen45 Posts: 980Member Member Posts: 980Member Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    smiliekiwi wrote: »
    I heard recently that 80% of thin people did not have to work at it.
    We have different metabolisms and born into different lifestyles. I don’t think we should take the blame for how we got there .. but definitely take the credit for losing it and huge kudos for keeping it off ( the Biggest Loser never had a reunion show for a reason)

I was thin all my life and never had to work at it UNTIL my mid-40s. Went up two sizes that year and then another size the following year. Accepted it as the natural progression of getting older. Wore bigger sizes for at least 8 years (didn’t even diet for my wedding). Finally faced my 162-pound self (I’m 5’4.5” ) and was aghast when I looked at the pictures. Lost 27 pounds. Gained 10 back. Lost 5. Am now trying to lose again. It can become a real struggle EVEN for those who were previously thin!

I echo this. Was very thin all my life growing up, could eat whatever I wanted and even lost just about all of the baby weight after two pregnancies. Didn't start to gain until my mid-late 30s and because it was only about 10 pounds a year it was very gradual and I noticed, but didn't really pay a lot of attention to it because it wasn't too much too fast. Well 10 pounds a year over 5 years is 50 pounds of course and I was 5'4" at 180 in 2014. Lost 55 pounds by early spring of 2016, and now... have gained 35 back over the course of a very stressful year, but want to just lose another 25 as 125 at my age is a bit too thin (wrinkles come out when you're older!). But yes, being thin for a lot of your life- you think of yourself as thin in your mind (I guess the same way people who've been heavy all of their lives have the mental image of being fat). And it's weird, but until you see a photo you don't even see it in the mirror. The struggle will never end and it's very easy to slip into bad habits as maintaining is about 1000 times harder than losing. Hard to find that balance of no longer losing but no gaining either.
  • springlering62springlering62 Posts: 276Member Member Posts: 276Member Member
    I was going through and untagging myself from facebook photos that were with people I don't like anymore, but then I realized I should save some of them for "before" pictures because I never took any official ones, lol.

Finally. A real use for those stupid things!