Ladies . . . how many dates?

Options

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Red, of course you have the "legal" right to wear whatever you want (or nothing at all) at your wedding. But with a little historical perspective you would understand that a white wedding dress MEANS something.
    correction: it MEANS something to you.
    to other people it can mean a different thing entirely and their beliefs are as valid as yours.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Why are all the Man threads getting locked today?
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    They better lock this one...it's no different....otherwise...SHAME ON THEM!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    this will sound awful and i could get flamed for it, but think of it like cars.... i dont want the car thats been used and abused, it might be fast, but if its all torn up i probably wont care about it much. I mean why should i? it's not even special anymore because its all beat up.

I'd rather go for the car that may have had a couple of owners but was well taken care of.
    My mother raised me on the concept that marriage was the only way to engage in sex. I pretty much told her this in resp once "I wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test drive." She was flabbergasted. She wasn't a saint either she was against marriage until my father and had a few partners before him.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Don't mess around with a history major. ;)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Don't mess around with a history major. ;)

:flowerforyou:
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    this will sound awful and i could get flamed for it, but think of it like cars.... i dont want the car thats been used and abused, it might be fast, but if its all torn up i probably wont care about it much. I mean why should i? it's not even special anymore because its all beat up.

I'd rather go for the car that may have had a couple of owners but was well taken care of.

Cool story bro.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm not having sex until marriage.

The only right answer I see here, and the only way to truly earn the right to wear a white wedding dress.

Haha this is hilarious. I will wear whatever the *kitten* I want at my wedding and I don't need to "earn the right" to wear a color.

Red, of course you have the "legal" right to wear whatever you want (or nothing at all) at your wedding. But with a little historical perspective you would understand that a white wedding dress MEANS something.

You can also get a Marine Corps tatoo. But if you were never in the Marines, it doesn't really MEAN anything. Same goes for wearing a white wedding dress when you didn't wait until marriage to consummate. You have the "legal" right to wear it. It just won't really MEAN anything. ;-)

The white weddign dress tradition was started by Mary Queen of Scots during the reign of Henry VIII. White was traditionally a color of morning for the scottish and by marrying a French king she was mourning for her homeland and giving up her throne. This incited a fashion trend that became a tradition in modern day. Look it up.

If trusting whatever you happen to see on Wikipedia on any given day is your idea of "looking something up", then be my guest. But get used to being wrong.

I did my Masters' Thesis on the history of marriage in Western Civilization, and I can safely say that any learned person knows full well what the traditional white wedding dress traditionally represents.

And btw, in case you didn't know, anyone can write stuff on Wikipedia. Literally ANYONE. Remember that.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    how m i supposed to know if i want date #2? sheesh. i think it's pretty self-explanatory.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Why are all the Man threads getting locked today?
    They must just like you a little less than us. Or maybe the mods are checking to see which girls put out :p
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    6 years later after our first night encounter, LOL!

I just think it's funny that guys say they love a chase, but they are so damn pushy! Then they go for the weakest line of defense the neck and ears and it's all over for me. Bunch of hypocritical, pushy jerks.

That's why they say dont even kiss on the first date if you want to maintain some sort of semblance that you arent the neighborhood bike (double standards I know ladies)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    *rolls eyes*

I'm only half sorry I had to do that.

But annoying generalizations are annoying.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options

My mother raised me on the concept that marriage was the only way to engage in sex. I pretty much told her this in resp once "I wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test drive." She was flabbergasted. She wasn't a saint either she was against marriage until my father and had a few partners before him.

^^^^
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

The only right answer I see here, and the only way to truly earn the right to wear a white wedding dress.

Haha this is hilarious. I will wear whatever the *kitten* I want at my wedding and I don't need to "earn the right" to wear a color.

You can also get a Marine Corps tatoo. But if you were never in the Marines, it doesn't really MEAN anything. Same goes for wearing a white wedding dress when you didn't wait until marriage to consummate. You have the "legal" right to wear it. It just won't really MEAN anything. ;-)

The white weddign dress tradition was started by Mary Queen of Scots during the reign of Henry VIII. White was traditionally a color of morning for the scottish and by marrying a French king she was mourning for her homeland and giving up her throne. This incited a fashion trend that became a tradition in modern day. Look it up.

If trusting whatever you happen to see on Wikipedia on any given day is your idea of "looking something up", then be my guest. But get used to being wrong.

I did my Masters' Thesis on the history of marriage in Western Civilization, and I can safely say that any learned person knows full well what the traditional white wedding dress traditionally represents.

And btw, in case you didn't know, anyone can write stuff on Wikipedia. Literally ANYONE. Remember that.

witches traditionally wore black wedding dresses. Since it's more sliming, I think i'll go with that.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    i guess i just like the chase, if i can get it the first night, you're not worth my time.

Lol. My husband was supposed to be a one night stand but he kept coming back for more. His persistence paid off. :drinker:
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

You think I looked that up on Wikipedia? I read that in a critically acclaimed bigraphy of Queen Elizabeth for my thesis paper on the Renaissance. Lol.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Cool story bro.

I'd rather have a old reliable car than a get a new one that may have to get recalled anyway. You should be grateful for anything you get. (whether it be cars or women)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

That is right, the internet is wrong.

Sources from your thesis?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

You think I looked that up on Wikipedia? I read that in a critically acclaimed bigraphy of Queen Elizabeth for my thesis paper on the Renaissance. Lol.

Yes, yes, yes. My post de-railed the thread. WIN.

Note to mods: I didn't actually de-rail the thread, my post just sparked it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Fair enough. Cite your sources then.

PS. While anyone can MAKE changes on wiki, they are HIGHLY monitored and silly, unresourced changes are corrected very fast
This discussion has been closed.