• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Vicki: waiting is hard! ((hug))

Cynthia
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, Thursday, would have been my mother's birthday, she died of breast cancer in 2006. Still miss her. I kept busy.
    Stan brought a lovely rainbow trout home he had caught and cooked dinner. Only a fisherman knows how to cook fish.
    Feeling a bit better this morning, Friday, and decided to do Jeannette's Cardio Dance and Jillian's kettle-bells later.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    When I hear all the struggles you lovely ladies are dealing with it makes me admire you all that much more.
    I wish I could reply to all directly but time doesn't permit but please know you are in my prayers.

Congrats to those who have made strides, large and small. I thought I was the only one who was thrilled to be overweight (moving down from obese)! It amazes me how much we have in common regardless of where we live.

Gotta scoot...
    Chris in once again cold MA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    :D Selena, we were in Utah just north of SLC over the weekend. I loved the mountains and how close they seemed. Your picture of your mountains is beautiful. I highly recommend a step counter of some sort. I have had many over the last ten or more years but not a fitbit or any of those new gadgets. There is research that shows that people who carry pedometers walk more than people who don't. Having a pedometer in my pocket motivates me to get up and move. It's an easy measure of how active I am and I love it. I have raised my daily goal over the years and continue to challenge myself.

:D It's another beautiful day on the Olympic Peninsula and I've enjoyed walking the dogs.

<3 Barbie

146200.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    gonna ride home again... I promised him (husband) that I wouldn't ride home tomorrow... lighter pannier, maybe i'll be faster, maybe not cuz i'm still not 100%. we'll see when I get home
  • Janice4945
    Janice4945 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am new here. Beginning a weight loss effort this week. I had lost 50 pounds 3 years ago and the last year have been gaining so back at it before I have gained it all back! I live in Florida. Transplanted here from Illinois in 2002 after we retired. We have 3 grown children, 10 grandchildren and 1 great grandson who will be 1 next month. Life has been good! I am a Born again believer and follower of Jesus Christ! Hope to make some friends/encouragers on here!
    Janice
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    When I went to pick up the kids the principal (who happens to be my next door neighbor) invited me to the art room to see the kids bowls. I can't tell you how happy I was with the results! And the teacher and principal were just gushing about how excited the kids were, and how proud they are of this whole project. They already say they want to do this again next year.

It turns out that there was a nice article in today's local paper - on the front page - showing the kids decorating my bowls. I was pretty happy with the article. Also there was a little video on the tv news last night. I looked at it online and my granddaughter is shown for about two seconds.

Here's a link to the video. I hope it works.

http://www.koamtv.com/category/164379/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=11225952

This is the newspaper article:

Tharyn Lewis, a fifth-grader at Westside Elementary, carefully adds color to a zebra-print pattern she created on a ceramic bowl during art class Wednesday. The decorating was part of a class project to contribute to Wesley House’s Empty Bowls fundraiser on March 27. SARAH GOODING/THE MORNING SUN
    By Sarah Gooding
    The Morning Sun
    Posted Mar. 12, 2015 @ 10:30 am

Students at Westside Elementary are helping to fight hunger in their community.

The work of Westside’s fifth-grade students will be featured as part of the upcoming Empty Bowls fundraiser, which will help raise funds for Wesley House to continue to stock the food pantry that serves the area.

“It makes me feel really good to now I’m giving to people who really need it,” said student Sage Weathers, as he worked on his bowl.

He said his theme was taken from a phrase frequently used by family members: “If everyone can come together, everyone can be a star.”

That fits with the entire theme of the project.

Approximately 450 bowls are being created for the fundraiser and each will be sold for $20 on the day of the fundraiser, or $25 ahead of time.

Karen Holland, Westside’s art teacher, said soup will be served in the bowls from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m . and again from 5-7 p.m. on March 27 at Wesley House, and she said the money spent will have a 10-fold benefit for the organization.

“That $20 will buy $200 worth of food for Wesley House,” she said.

The bowls featuring Westside art were thrown by Cow Creek Pottery’s Sylvia Shirley and are decorated with food-safe porcelain pen. They will be fired to set the color.

“The kids are very excited,” Holland said. “Definitely it will benefit our community and some of our families here.”

Traditionally, more than 90 percent of Westside students are eligible for free or reduced lunches, and USD 250 Public Information Officer Zach Fletcher said that is part of what makes the students’ participation in the project so special.

“The kids who are sometimes going hungry are helping to alleviate hunger through art,” he said.

And students agreed, relishing their part in helping their community.

“I think that’s pretty awesome in so many ways,” said student Jerrick Meadows.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Did 50 minutes of the LaLo Fit DVD that I have. I have a love/hate relationship with this DVD. I hate that he doesn't give good directions at all. But I do love the fact that you don't go fast at all and really concentrate on the exercises. Tomorrow's plan is to take the deep water class after taking my aluminum to the humane Society.

Lillian
    - When I have a lot of carbs (just the white flour type and sugar, not fruit and veggies), that's when I feel extra tired. Hey, maybe mixing that Miralax stuff with alcohol could work for a colonoscopy....lol At least you wouldn't mind the horrible flavor.....lol

Selena - Vince and I are the same way as you and your guy. I do try to give Vince foods that I'll eat during the week. But when he goes out, he makes sure he orders things that he knows I won't make at home (like french fries).. Wow, not a lot of people do the Polka anymore. You're right, that's one big calorie burner. I love doing it (I'm 100% Polish) but there aren't many people at all in NC who even know what it is. I can't get the farmer's cheese for my pierogi around here. I have to get it in VA. At one time they had it here, but the store discontinued it probably because people didn't know what to do with it. Lovely pic, thanks for sharing. I just can't imagine a mailbox 5 MILES away.

Joyce - Vince had a temporary colonoscopy because he had diverticulitis and, you're right, his bowels needed to rest a bit. As the kids called it "he popped in a bag". You mom sounds like she was such a special person. Now I know where you get it from!

Sharon
    - I hate these HIPPA (privacy) laws herein the US. There is one pharmacy, CVS, where you can sign up for a program where if you get 10 prescriptions you get $5 back. The only problem is, whenever I call, they can't tell me the name of the patient when I need to renew. So we have 4 people on the plan, but they can't tell me who needs to be renewed when it comes time for renewal. So frustrating! I'm sorry you've had to go thru so much sadness.

pip
    - I must say that I'm truly impressed with your riding. And you run also? WTG!

Went to lunch with the Newcomers. In a way, I was a bit disappointed. I asked for the black bean burger without the bun and could I get extra tomato, lettuce and onion instead? She told me "oh yes" but when I got it it looked so pathetic, I was surprised they'd even serve something that itty bitty. What do they do normally? Have a BIG bun? And I didn't get extra tomato or lettuce and no onion. I did take Vince's onion. Then I ordered the green beans. I asked how they were cooked and told sauteed. I asked her to ask them to go lightly on the butter. What happened was that I put them in a napkin to soak up some of the butter. I should have asked if they could be steamed. Just had water to drink.

Afterwards, went to the ceramic place and put the third coat of pain on the legs of my praying mantis. Then went to the Crowne Plaza to give them the balance of the money for the two extra guests. Then stopped at AC Moore to get a bandana. I gal told me that they have a lot of them and I realized that I didn't have anything green for the Newcomer general meeting to put the forks in (I usually line the basket with a napkin). I had a 50% off coupon, so that worked. While at the lunch I asked a gal if I could buy some of these Endangered Species dark chocolates. I know that they are pretty low in calories and sometimes I just need a bit of chocolate. I could only buy them in a box of 64, and that would take me FOREVER to finish. So I bought some from her.

bkrimpet
    - so glad you got that shirt. You deserve it

Carol in NC
    - Jessica has the same type of card. How I can totally relate to on one hand wanting to make everything better for our kids but on the other hand knowing that they need to make decision for themselves, even if it isn't what I would do. So glad Oliver didn't have a blockage

Terri - congrats on having just a little of the pizza. What an accomplishment!

Sylvia - I'm so sorry for your son (and you)

Cynthia - now for the million dollar question --- do you WANT the job? So glad to hear that you got it

sally
    - do you do tent camping or do you have an RV?

Beth - I do hope our son gets into the college

Today I didn't wear a coat, tomorrow the high is supposed to be 47 with a low of 46.

How I wish Vince hadn't quilted me into making these brownies for him. I just can't resist raw dough. Well, I was going to make them for Jessica next weekend (I'll just freeze the ones I have for her).

Tomorrow is the magical evening we're coordinating for the Newcomers. I, maybe optimistically, am thinking that people are thinking this is going to be like another gala. It is something totally different. Should we do it next year (and I'm thinking that I might), I'm hoping that the turnout will be higher. Word of mouth and all that. It's been a lot of work, probably because I'm not used to it. Making sure I have everything done. It'll be in one of the ballrooms of the Crowne Plaza. We'll have a buffet of beef or salmon with wild rice, sautee vege medley, glazed carrots and sauteed snow peas with coffee and tea. I'm pretty sure this also includes a salad. There will be a cash bar for 3 hours. We can't get the bar for just 1/2 an hour and people really don't need to be drinking right before they leave. It's not going to be a late night, but he is very entertaining.

Off to do more latch hooking on my tree skirt.

Michele in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Ladies,

Carol, I hate to hear about your DD’s cat and all the extra expense. We all do for our pets as much as possible. Glad to hear you didn’t have to make the drive to Charlotte.

Terri, Good for you on resisting the whole pizza. I know it’s not always easy.

MMinMD, you know we are here for you so, *whoosh Kick*. Hope that helped but you know you are the one with the controls. Just aim them in the right direction. It may not be easy, but so worth it.

Cindy, you wrote, “Sylvia – great news on your amazing long-term weight loss – 130 lbs! - and recent success! Be careful to focus on your current health issues right now though. Glad to hear your plumbing is working again. Still want to see pics of your bowls!” and I read, “bowels”> what can I say? I need to slow down and read right. :#

Diana, It’s such fun to win things. Enjoy your outing on Sat.

Heather
    , good for you! Now you have made the effort so it’s up to him. Your outing to York sounds wonderful! I also like to plan things ahead and look forward to them. I’m sure ya’ll will have a great time. It’s so nice to have your nephew over. Tell him that story about being your “practice baby” and that you always had a soft spot in your heart for him. (If he doesn’t already know) That would make me feel good if I were him. Just have a fun evening.

Carey, love the quote! There are lots on this forum that do that for me.

Beth, glad the swift kicks helped. Good for getting back on track. Just let us know if we need to put our “Kickin’ Boots” back on.

Sylvia, so glad to hear that you are doing better! Could DS possibly get an air purifier for his place? I’m allergic to smoke and know how annoying it can be.

Sally, that is terrific about your broken phone!!! (that sounds weird) Man, you made out like a bandit. Wouldn’t it be nice if all the stories ended up that good? Happy for you.

Heather, Congrats on hearing from DS#1. Glad you made the effort. I hope it’s a nice visit.

Cynthia, congrats. Will you still get paid for the year if you get a job right away?

Vicki, That is a great idea to “not think about it”, Ha Ha. Don’t you wish it were that easy? I love it when I hear someone say “don’t be stressed”. I hope things work out for the best, whatever way they work out. Glad you’re getting good weather.

Pip, I rarely even walk in the rain and definitely not if it’s cold, so I totally admire you and your dedication! You are such a “pip”. L: Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Leslie, glad today was better for you. Wow, a fresh Rainbow Trout—yum, yum!

Sylvia, what a nice article on the bowl project. It has to make you proud!!!! You are a good person to do all of that, especially with what you’ve been through.

Friends, I saw this on FB and just wanted to share it with all of you:

Whenever you find yourself doubting if you can just go on,
    Just remember how far you’ve come.
    Remember everything you have faced,
    All the battles you have won
    And the fears you have overcome.
    Then raise your head high and forge on ahead, knowing that
    YOU GOT THIS!!

Huggs and love to all. <3

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :D Sylvia, between your bowls and your bowels, everything seems to be going well, but I have to read carefully.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    *i'm glad i rode home, wasn't as fast this time but i burned a lot more calories had i not done that :0)
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.04min, 14.6amph 3mi = 103cal.

treadmill- walk/skip/sidestep, 2sprints- 30min, 13.52ap, 1-2 incline, 4.1-4.3speed, 2 sprints 8.5speed- 2.16mi = 264cal

ride gym 2 dome- 7.06min, 12.5amph, 1.4mi = 92cal

ride wk 2 hm- 50.24min, 11.9amph, 10mi = 494cal
    total 953cal.
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one having to read carefully :D
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hunger is not an emergency. Hunger is not an emergency. Hunger is not an emergency. (I'm sorry, I don't remember who said this, but thank you) Hunger is not an emergency!!
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Heather: I had very dear friends who lived in Nottingham. When I visited I would sing the song from Disneys Robin hood as I ran through the forest. Golly what a Day, errr visit. They now live in Scotland and in case any of you are wondering if I ever got another invite... YES! I visited them there as well. lol To know me is to love me and all my Quirkiness. ;)

I'm so happy for you that you will be able to see your son! :D

I love the hairy bikers!! I'm so sorry to hear one was so sick.

Terri: You handled that beautifully! You could of easily disrespected yourself also but you chose to honor yourself and held firm to do what was right for you. That is huge! Well done you! :D

Cindy in MD: I believe in you! Remember feelings come and go. Ride em out and do whats best for you! Many times especially the blues or blahs times I have to remind myself that food is my drug of choice, a fork my needle. Am I going to eat that for that momentary high knowing I am going to feel awful afterwards? There is a huge difference between enjoying something and abusing that something, For me it's cake. Under controlled situations I can enjoy that cake, but when things are out of control or I am unable to control it... I stay as far away from cake as possible.

I can get out a lot of pent up mental frustrations through walking or riding my bike. Now I know that can be painful for you. What about in a sitting position doing some shadow boxing? Or throwing some throw pillows on the floor and stomping on them for what 5 minutes?? 3? Add in some ab twists, ab twists and leg lifts. Kickbacks while cooking? There are a lot of non impact ways to work out, ways to raise your heart beat. I will message you a few of the things I do. :D

Cynthia: Hoooooooo-Ray!! That IS good news!! So do you want it?

Sally: Are you going to visit Austria soon? I could use a fabulous negotiator. ;) What a deal! I love to haggle unfortunately I don't live in a country that loves to haggle. lol But then again, I don't pay sales tax either. It's included in the price. No Maths!! lol

Mary: The plum bread is only 127 calories per slice or 200 they way my hubby slices. lol I love to bake, I really do! The last time I lost weight I quit baking and really mourned the loss. This time around I told myself I can bake but I am to keep my sweet treats to 200 cals. per serving. 250 tops...lol I am so much happier this time round. So's my family! The old saying really rings true here; If mama aint happy, nobodys happy. ;)

Michele: Ever hear of those "No Pudge Brownies"? I have a copy cat recipe for them if your interested. @16 theyre 157 cals per; @14 179 per; and at 12 only 200 for a nice sized brownie. :D

Sylvia: The article brought happy tears to my eyes! You know when my children were young it was really important to me to teach them compassion. That nobody gets left behind. That no one is to small to make big changes, no act is is to small either.

I was always reaching out to help in our community and involving them whenever possible. I was on the Walk for Warmth committee, We were in the parades. I would adopt a family during the holidays, we would shop for them. I would buy their Christmas presents, after unwrapping they had to choose 1 thing to give to a child who received nothing.

Imagine the pride and joy I felt some years later after the divorce when I heard my 13 yr old son, who was just starting High School in a month had signed up to have his head shaved for the St. Baldricks Org. ( an organization that raises money and hair for wigs for children with cancer. Children helping children. ) He had that long skater boy, beiber flip hair do too. lol My child raised 500 dollars in the process too. If that wasnt great enough... He walked on that stage with a folding chair and set it up next to his before they shaved him. When asked about it he told them; "Because I know my Mom would be sitting right here doing this with me." N'awwwwwwwwwww gettin a lil misty telling you all about this.

Barbie: I literally spewed my coffee all over my monitor reading your words to Sylvia!! My god woman, You're Funny!!

I spent to much time talking to all of you to fill you in on me. lol I need to get out there and get 5k walked before my cold, errrrrrrrrrr damn allergies wake up ;):p Be Back later Everybody!!

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Selena: DH and I eat most meals together, and they are usually healthy. They always were. We got into trouble because we ate too much good food. My success has been due to portion control. I have stopped eating a few things, but mostly eat what I always did, but less quantity. Same with DH, but he hasn’t consistently counted calories or monitored his portions. Beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing.

Sassy aus Austria: So far our trip is a bit frustrating. We left an important bag home and DD called to let us know she is sick about the time we were 400 miles from home. We’re staying in a small town near DSiL tonight and tomorrow. If DD is miraculously better we’ll go to her house. If not we’ll head home and try again later.

Heather: I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Bkrimpet: Congrats on the 6 pound loss! A colorful shirt is a wonderful reward.

It has been a long day and I’ve run out of steam. Sorry to those who I missed. My bag with meds and jammies is in the garage at home & my DD is sick so we're waiting to see how it will work out. We will go to CO if she is better by the end of the day tomorrow, and will go home if she isn't well. In the meanwhile we had a lovely visit with DSIL & DH’s cousin who is recuperating from heart surgery at her home. We’ll see them again tomorrow and see what we hear from DD. We may go home, or go on to CO. We will definitely try to get my prescriptions replaced. We started that process today.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep.

30881843.png

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I lost my post so I am starting again.

Sharon, did you get Chico as a puppy, that back flipping seems like a taught behavior. Or is that just something that is particular to that breed. Wow, you not only got a double whammy dose of violence of your family being paert of, you have had a quadruple whammy.

Heather. do you self publish and do you have to have some one else edit it before publishing? I was going to give you a nudge tomake you see your son but I see you idd it anyway. Now you need to make that phone call to your friend. I did look up on my iPad the place you went to. It is the home of Florence Nightengale

Spicycanchaser what is it like to live in or near Branson with all the tourists

Pip, thanks so much for riding in the MS bike ride. I don't know if you watch The Amazing Race or not but the host rides it also.

Sylvia, does your son have documentation form the doctor that he can not be around a smoker. That can be fatal to him. I watched the video. Those kids looked like they were having so much fun. And the are quite artistic!

Cynthia YEAH!!!

Sally, great negotional skills on the phone.

Michele, doesn't dark chocolate freeze? Carol, so sorry about your DD's cat. I am afraid that if it were my cat my husband would just say to put her to sleep. He would say, it's just a cat. I am afraid I did not tell him how much money I put out when we first got Melody and she had pancreatitis.

To those of you who have a fit bit flex, does the little actual device come out and you can put it in your pocket when you don't want to have the bracelet on. It's not the most beautiful and stylish thing. Well some one here gave me a big nudge to get back on the plan. So today I rode my recumbent bike. I was only able to ride it 3 1/2 miles and I stopped about every 1/3 of a mile to catch my breath but I did ride it. Was a beautiful day today but rain tonight and tomorrow, maybe 3 inches. I am sure glad we don't live around a creek or the Ohio River.

Got a nice long call today from Christina, my oldest daughter. We usually just imesage or text or face book message. But I was going to try to contact her anyway. She had a 'like' for a property management company on her face book page. That made me suspicious. Either she was going to quit her job and go back to property management or she was fired. Or the other reason was that she was moving. My son in law has his own business out of their home. He works in IT and is trying to develope a following. He has also written many books on IT in the church. He has recently got a long term job of ghost writing, and also writing a regular column for an IT magazine. When it is horse raciing time, he videos one horse for it's owner he also videos the Kentucky derby for this one horse. He gets paid good money for those jobs. So their income has almost doubles recently. They are in a 3 bedroom townhouse. My grand daughters share a room. It was OK when they were 10 and 5. But now they are 13 and 8 and it's not working well. Their Dad has the other bedroom as a very cramped office with all his video equipment. He does daily podcasts. so they are moving into a 4 bedroom single family ranch style. I like the idea of a ranch. Big fenced in back yard. Paul will have a pretty large office. But it is one bathroom compared to 2 1/2 baths. But before they were in this townhouse, they lived in a yucky, yucky trailer with one bath. So we will see how sharing one bath with a teenager is. But she has her own room!

Thanks for all the comments about my Mom. Her philosophy was blossom where God planted you.

Nighty nite! Joyce, Indiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Heather - Amost finished your book ? How exciting!!!!

bkrimpet - It is really wonderful what you have achieved. The colourful shirt sounds like an excellent reward.

I made the call and counselling is booked for April 26th. I had to make it couples counselling so that there is a chance of getting DH there.
    We went to supper at the college and discovered that the restaurant is open 3 days/wk. We also discovered that they do celiac menus a few times a year. It was delicious. The culinary student who waited on us was almost too attentive.
    DD was apprehensive about dance this afternoon. It was pretty awkward when DGD decided to ask Her why she didn't want to be in our family. Tears and all. Hard for the little ones to understand. They are so full of love.
    Sharon in Lethbridge
    Praying for all who are having problems - health or other.
    Good night.

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Well here I am again and no I didn't read all the post i'd be here for a week catching up went to last page. I was backet up to page 13 and this is page 22. So did 22 only.
    Sally
    Good for you for hitting a great deal.
    First camping trip booked spring is in the air.

Sylvia
    What you are doing for those children is just great. They will feel so good about themselves and giving. Giving of one self is so important in life.

Michele
    You sure have a very busy active life.

Katla
    Hope your daughter is feeling better and you get to see her. Most places are good at filling prespcriptions.

Joyce
    I have a fit bit one. You can take it out of the bracelet and wear it in your pocket, hook it on your bra. Right now it's hooked to my nightgown.

Well up since 4:15 it's now 5:30 I imagine i'll be going back to bed soon.
    I did go weigh myself and down a tiny bit again this morning. So take that and keep pushing little bits add up.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    busy busy day yesterday..only thing i forgot to do is pick up the dogs meds, and we will pick it up this weekend...we are going to the showroom for the refacing place tomorrow morning, and tomorrow we will have another refacing company give us a quote..
    DFIL quarterly review went as i thought it would, nothing out of the ordinary..of course my SIL didnt show up, her and my BIL are his POA ,and both are retired.. they couldnt bother to come.. but thats ok I was there...
    I have to go to a wake tonight for a friend of mine he was 59 yrs old .. that poor family has had there share of heartache..I worked for his brother and he dies around 6 yrs ago he was my age, this was his older brother and I dated him for awhile way way back.. unfortunatly they both smoked and were alcoholic's, Joe also had been fighting cancer.. when you grow up in a small town you know everyone.. so told the DH that I was going to a wake and he said oh another friend? I said yes, told him that I dated him a long long time ago, and the dope said oh is that why he died? what a jerk he can be sometimes... then he got all cranky with me because I opened a can of chunky soup and he started yelling how many times have I told you not to give me soup for lunch it is to hard to heat up..starts swearing and yelling.. grrrrrrr
    the older he gets the more he complains. and I have told him so.. I said all I hear is complaints arent you ever happy about anything?
    Sylvia~ you should be so very proud of those bowls.. and what a wonderful gesture to help the hungry.. God will surely bless you...we are packed in with patients today and I am hoping some cancel as I dont like to not be able to take care of patients needs properly, sometimes the girls up front just throw people in there and it ends up being a bit more complicated and then we run behind
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Allison
    Are doctors offices not suppose to run behind I thought that was the norm. Was when I worked there about 30 so years ago. Must be worst now. LOL They think all we have is time.
    I don't know if I would be thinking of moving with your husband. He would be in a barrel of *kitten* if he had to put up with me. For lunch I do my thing and he does his. Breakfast to. I only take care of supper sometimes. I have a very patient man. I consider myself supper lucky.
    You take such good care of his father he should be more thankful.

Take care

I'm having a great day so far getting steps in only in door steps but still steps the eating is good. Going to make it a great day. Tonight the grandkids want poutine for supper but going to try my damdest to say no.

Linda in Northern Ontario. Gloomy day today but only -6.