Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    mmmm hmmmm suuuurrrrrreeeeee cynthia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    Hello to all,just a quick hello DB in hospital had a few drinks now pancreatitis.. And on to ICU
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm pretty much here just to say hello and to wish everyone a happy weekend. Another dreary day here but TGIF!!! I think I'm going to go out and run some errands tonight so that I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. Got lots of stuff to do at home.

Carol in NC
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Saturday and posted my week 5 to Tom. NOT too good. I NEED to walk round our own woodland tracks and going to do it this afternoon
    Wii Biggest Loser Fitness and JJ Bikini Boot-camp II this morning
    Washed all clothes and hang online
    Woke to frost this morning
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

smiley-cool05.gif I am still not over this cold but I'm feeling well enough to sleep, walk the dogs, and go to dance class. The dogs are getting used to taking a nap with the whole family after lunch. My line dance class today went very well--two waltzes, some fast dances, and lots of laughter.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif19,000 steps today--three hours of dog walking, line dance class194904olsgis3xqe.gif
    smiley-sleep012.gif---early to bed

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif

March Resolutions (with mid month comments)
    *walk 19,000 steps a day--same as last month ( fell short a few days because of my cold)
    *strength training twice a week--same as last month (not doing any because of my cold)])smiley-sport017.gif
    * find and use two new low sodium recipes (one so far)
    *finish sorting the slides (doing some every day)
    *don't expect praise or recognition ( doing well with this)

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png

• pipcd34
    Options
    every once in a blue moon, kirby (hubby) will get off of his bus at the same time that i get off of the train and we get to ride home together. well today was one of those days. we met at a stop light, just b4 this hill that we ride up. well, he doesn't know how to leisurely ride home, it's gotta be a race (to push me). GEEZ he is strong! i was having to stand up all the way and pump those pedals and he was sitting down, he didn't get up once! i felt good ( for a minute) when i passed him a couple of times, but he passed me of course. this wasn't even my fastest time home + i had a bag that was heavier than his. i'm giving myself all the excuses possible :0).

stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.31min, 14.1amph 2.9mi - 104cal
    rowing machine- 25min, 50aw, 3921 meters - 122cal
    jog- 4.18min, 7.1speed, 8.38ap, .5mi - 61cal - 61cal
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.32min, 12.9amph, 1.4mi - 64cal
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.16min, 9.7amph, 2.6mi w/Kirby - 200cal (incl. clean up dog mess :0)
    total cal 551
  • pipcd34
    Options
    own3a2x6c29v.jpg

This is my usual ride Hm from the train station
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I had a busy day today at work and now I’m relaxing waiting for a basketball game to start. I found a Civil War era clock at the clock hospital I really like. It’s not that expensive, but…..the glass front is painted and that willcost a pretty penny to send to some lady in TX who restores glass paintings. Hmmmm…thinking….thinking….It’s quite nice and I really like it…..

Jane: glad your daughter’s surgery went well.

Pip: my hubby I and have a great friend who lives in Puyallup!

Lilian: I found a Jillian Michaels arm workout that had me laughing my head off! No way in h*** could I ever do any of it!

Janet: I would certainly complain about waiting so long. And send me one of those diet tonics!

Sylvia; take the epi pen! I have always had good experiences with DOs but your history is pretty complicated! Some of my hubby’s relatives are in health care who live in Joplin….shall I ask for their recommendations?

Sharon: sending you (((hugs))). You are right to insist on the counseling. My ex and I were in the same position and he went twice but refused to go after that because he too had no problems. No problems….cheating on me and drinking until he passed out at night….hmmm wonder what he would have done if he did have problems!!!

Yanniejannie: deep breaths! I too am someone who just can’t seem to get things out of my mind. I have to envision telling these “people” (sometimes they are things too) to go sit outside and wait for me and I’ll deal with them later. I’ll be sending you peaceful thoughts

Mary: great news on the weight loss!

DrKatie: yes, the polyp will be sent for a biopsy.

Tina: I think any kind of dancing is marvelous!

Heather: please set a place at your dinner table for me. I’m packing now.

Sassy: lovely picture! However I am curious as to what you are holding there….I think it is a magic wand

Cynthia; I am satisfied with this dr’s decision. My tear seems to be more of the degenerative type v. a young person who ripped their meniscus playing basketball or something like that. Nothing left of good quality to sew back to the bone. So now it’s stay active and put off further arthritis if possible…I only have a bit right behind my knee cap that has never bothered me. I just wish something could be done to stabilize it more but I’ll keep up with the PT exercises.

Alison: sending prayers for you and DB!

Barbie: sending you virtual chicken noodle soup

Well basketball game is about to start. I think Benny’s meds are finally working; he ate but was a little slow and picked out the canned food first. And he hasn’t been drinking nearly as much. So tomorrow we’ll take him to the vet for the blood draw and hopefully we can cut down to 2 pills a week…they’re $3 each for heaven’s sake. Can I please have a normal animal? I guess not….I always pick the special needs ones! But this one has convinced me to get pet insurance next time. Keep your fingers crossed for less piddle in the house! We are about to wear out the carpet from shampooing every day!
    OK my lovely friends, take care. Meg from Omaha where some of the NCAA BBall games are being played.

• yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good evening. Thanks for the prayers, hugs and good thoughts. I am not a good or trusting patient, so there will probably be more anxious venting along the way; let me apologize now.

Mary........Kudos on that loss!

Pip.......You are soooooo out of luck; I only have 6 Valium left and they are ALL mine.

Tina.......Enjoyed your link. DD and I danced with a folk dance group locally almost every Friday night for years and still make it to some of their parties (they have great parties!!!). We did mostly Eastern European and some Israeli dances.

Well, I pulled up my socks and went to that lunch; had a quinoa salad and lovely quiche with over two hours of good talk. Glad I went. Tomorrow is yoga, brunch, and a horse show at the show barn so should keep my mind busy. Hope I sleep tonight; I should, no nap today.

Watching the end of Glee; bed in ten minutes!
    Everyone...... have a great weekend!!!!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

PS.......I think it's the handle of a soup ladle or other serving implement.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yannie - but I thought we were friends. Sharing is caring..
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Meg, yes please! I'm looking at internal medicine docs mostly. Hubby said I ought to look for someone in geriatrics, so I can keep them a long time and not have to change again. I'm not quite 60, which seems young for geriatrics, doesn't it? What do you think about younger docs as opposed to older ones? Do you think the newer ones are more up on modern advances, or that the experience the older ones have is better? I was looking for a woman doc, but there aren't many who are taking new patients. It's really hard, and time is running out.

Good news on Benny Beagle eating a little. We had an elderly whippet that was on 4 different heart meds which cost about $250 a month. I was horribly heartbroken when his time came, but we did save some money. Still, I'd take him back in a heartbeat, meds and all, if I only could. Love 'em while you can.

We are at this moment being serenaded loudly by three dogs who have seen something diabolical out the front windows. I cannot count the number of times we have been saved from certain destruction by their hyper vigilance. It might be the black cat who has been leaving dead mice on our porch. I think that cat is up to no good, and apparently the dogs agree. Or maybe it's another possum looking for the door to the crawl space.

Well, I'm off to bed. Good night everyone.

Sylvia
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pip........"Just say no." (Nancy Reagan)
    It must be all the exercise.......I have a very good friend with your same exact sense of humor and attitude; she does marathons, rides mega bike miles, and has done an Ironman.

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's joke of the day:

:)

A man asked his wife what she'd like for her birthday.

"I'd like to be eight again..." she replied.

On the morning of her birthday, he arose early, made her a nice big bowl of Coco Pops, and then took her off to the local theme park.

What a day! He put her on every ride in the park: the Death Slide, the Wall of Fear, the Screaming Monster Roller Coaster, every thing there was.

Five hours later she staggered out of the theme park. Her head was reeling and her stomach felt upside down.

Right away, they journeyed to a McDonald's where her loving husband ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a refreshing chocolate shake.

Then it was off to the movies with popcorn, all the Coke she could drink, and her favorite M&M's. What a fabulous adventure!

Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed exhausted.

He leaned over his precious wife with a big smile and lovingly asked, "Well, Dear, what was it like being eight again?"

Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed. "I meant my dress size!!!!!!!"

The moral of the story: Even when a man is listening, he's gonna get it wrong.

:D
  • maggiebrost
    maggiebrost Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    February has been a good month for me. I still have to push myself to drink enough water. I tend to soak my water in ground up coffee beans before drinking it. It just isn’t the same as pure water. :devil:

February Goals Report:

1. Log every bite and swallow. Done.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Huge improvements this month! I’m going to the gym three or more days a week, taking core strength and yoga classes, and working more on strength in the machine room.
    3. Have fun every day. I LOVE this goal!
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more! Needs work. See above comment.
    5. Eliminate alcohol. Done
    6. Monitor sleep. Done

March Goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least three days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily.
    5. Stay alcohol free.
    6. Monitor sleep. This is vital for me. I can see a huge negative difference in thinking ability when I’m not getting enough sleep.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

30881843.png

• maggiebrost
    maggiebrost Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new, one week! What steps programs are you all using? Just installed Steps Mania. Seems like it might be fun. I won a "couch potato" award so far. Lol. Also gained 2 pounds of top of the 10 that inspired me to install this program. But I see this program links to Fit Bit. Is that best?
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Jan ... just breathe ... you'll get through this ... "worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." Corrie Ten Boom.

Sassy?? Your photo is lovely... I'm waiting to hear what you're holding also!

My mind is blank on the rest of the posts... pathetic... I know.

Waiting for a pan of Baklava to finish baking then off to bed. Dessert Auction tomorrow for church missions and the Baklava has been a favorite in the past.
    DH insisted I buy a new cell phone tonight.(Which set me back on my evening plans and has me up so late!) I was carrying a rather old tracfone that was becoming unreliable. I bought my boys iPhones (very spoiled they are) at Christmas so we got another and added it to our existing plan. Since hubby was feeling generous I went all out and bought a designer case for it as well! Now to figure out how to use it!

Beth in WNY
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What a cheeky group of ladies you are! I LOVE it!! lol

Who knew that holding a simple prop would pull such focus. I am going to have to remember that for future photos. ;) It's funny how we can all be looking at the same thing and see different things. When I look at that photo I wonder what happened to my top lip, shudder at the size of my double chin, and think I should audition for " Crazy eyes" in Adam Sandler's next movie. lol

To clear the mystery up of what it is that I am holding; Back when I was restricted to bed rest for 5 weeks. A friend of mine from Oregon went out of her way to give me something to look forward too. She had sent "pick me up" cards, made the necklace I am wearing, and hand carved that spiral pen. She mailed them off separately so that I would get a few surprises during that time to brighten and break up the monotony.

I really am blessed by the people I have in my life. Be it in person or online no difference to me. Blessed with this group too... Thank you for starting my day with such a belly laugh. Some of your answers were, well lets just say I am able to read between those lines extremely well (pip) LOL

Off for my walk... will check back in later.

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    OMG, Sylvia, you knocked it out of the park with today's joke. It is hilarious.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Checking in ....

I would have thought a pipe also!!

Busy day.. finally got home from the city trip via my mother's house at 9 p.m. showed DH the paint chips that I picked out. Good thing I didn't bring a darker one home or he may have liked that one too. It is a basement with only one window...dark enough already.

Really tired - I need to go to bed.

Take care everyone, tomorrow is another day
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Joyce – I love your book it sounds like some of the things are available to do as digital scrapbooking.

Alison – too funny about whoopee!! And while you may not have book writing, bike riding, etc. talents you have other talents that you should not take for granted, I would pull my hair out dealing with dementia… I have no patience for that behavior, I know it is not their fault, but I still am not good with that.

Pip – ((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Heather – there are a bunch of kids books by you! Is THE TROUBLE WITH HERBERT your favorite?

Sylvia – epi pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you get multiple contaminations in a short time the benedryl might not cut it… please be safe!

Cynthia – there are so many jobs that are just easier with two… I totally get what you meant, you can on your own, but… good job!!!! Everyday washing out the hole… hope she doesn’t rear up!

Sharon – go to counseling without him! Sometimes changing how you react to him will make an unexpected change in his behavior.

Yanniejannie – patience… just a bit longer and you’ll know what there is to worry about, fingers crossed that there is nothing to worry about.

Christina(s) – I am so jealous!!! I am Kim (not Kimberly) and desperately wanted a nick name… my mother was completely against nicknames, not even “honey” so nothing… dated a guy for a while who had a nickname for me, dated him for longer than I should have just cause I liked having a nickname.

Ok I was not really sure what Polka music sounded like, so Pandora to the rescue, I am typing to Polka music, I had heard it before and not known what it was.

Sassy – you don’t look much older in the new pic than in the other!

Sylvia – LOLOL loved the joke!!!

So I had 2 crappy eatting days... oh the food! fried, sweet, butter, what is a vegie? Tomorrow I am back on the bandwagon...

March goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png