WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    on my second cup of tea, with Homer curled up next to me..
    going to hop in the shower and then go see DFIL ,working 10:30-5 today we have Good Friday off, I am hoping that is a paid holiday..
    Gail so sorry to hear of your DS passing, Cancer is a horrible thing.. a friend of mine just passed at 56 of cancer ,left a wife 4 children and 3 grandkids, so sad...
    everyone enjoy there day <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Toni - forgot to say I LOVE Call The Midwife! We are between series over here. :cry: I especially like the way they manage to tackle serious, hard hitting themes, but still retain the humanity and hopeful side as well. For those who don't know it, it is set in East London after the war and into the 50s. Concerns a midwife group of nuns and their lay colleagues.

My downloaded instructions are printing out now. 64 pages! ! ! ! ! ! !

Heather UK
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone,

Gail Sorry about the loss of your sister.

I'm starting today earlier than usual. I have a friend coming over to help me finish a insulated quilted roman shade for my livingroom window. I starred this project a while ago and realized I was out of my depth. My friend is a quilter and sewer I am so glad she has the time to help me out.

I'm planing lunch for us both. Just started boiling chicken bones for a soup. Next out to the store for some vegis & milk. I'm thinking about desert... I may try to bring just enough rather than bake ... Less tempting that way.

Well better get going so I prepared when my friend arrives.

Naiomi2015 from 36F & cloudy Massachusetts
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Gail, sorry for the loss of your sister.

Rainy here today. Even the Pom is reluctant to go out on the screened porch.

Getting to keep the DGD while her brother goes for his 5 yr old checkup. I will fix lunch for them and their mom....panko breaded chicken tenderloins and beanie weinies and cold slaw. I won't eat the beanie weinies. LOL
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! :D Once you miss a day or two in here it's impossible to catch up. For me at least. I have been lurking in here and very chittery in the feed. lol

What many of you dont realize about me is that I am a successful Maintainer. Before my feet flopped and I lost the ability to move, I was maintaining a 65 pound weight loss for 5 years. :D One day in my future I will be able to say I lost 85 pounds! lol

I'm seeing a bit of discouragement in some of our ladies with the scale or the aka "Metal Monster"... I read this article years ago during my first journey and it was very helpful to me then. Maybe it might help someone in here today. Posting in Hopes of; :flowerforyou:
    Why The Scale Lies

by Renee Cloe,
    ACE Certified Personal Trainer

We’ve been told over an over again that daily weighing is unnecessary, yet many of us can’t resist peeking at that number every morning. If you just can’t bring yourself to toss the scale in the trash, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the factors that influence it’s readings. From water retention to glycogen storage and changes in lean body mass, daily weight fluctuations are normal. They are not indicators of your success or failure. Once you understand how these mechanisms work, you can free yourself from the daily battle with the bathroom scale.

Water makes up about 60% of total body mass. Normal fluctuations in the body’s water content can send scale-watchers into a tailspin if they don’t understand what’s happening. Two factors influencing water retention are water consumption and salt intake. Strange as it sounds, the less water you drink, the more of it your body retains. If you are even slightly dehydrated your body will hang onto it’s water supplies with a vengeance, possibly causing the number on the scale to inch upward. The solution is to drink plenty of water.

Excess salt (sodium) can also play a big role in water retention. A single teaspoon of salt contains over 2,000 mg of sodium. Generally, we should only eat between 1,000 and 3,000 mg of sodium a day, so it’s easy to go overboard. Sodium is a sneaky substance. You would expect it to be most highly concentrated in salty chips, nuts, and crackers. However, a food doesn’t have to taste salty to be loaded with sodium. A half cup of instant pudding actually contains nearly four times as much sodium as an ounce of salted nuts, 460 mg in the pudding versus 123 mg in the nuts. The more highly processed a food is, the more likely it is to have a high sodium content. That’s why, when it comes to eating, it’s wise to stick mainly to the basics: fruits, vegetables, lean meat, beans, and whole grains. Be sure to read the labels on canned foods, boxed mixes, and frozen dinners.

Women may also retain several pounds of water prior to menstruation. This is very common and the weight will likely disappear as quickly as it arrives. Pre-menstrual water-weight gain can be minimized by drinking plenty of water, maintaining an exercise program, and keeping high-sodium processed foods to a minimum.

Another factor that can influence the scale is glycogen. Think of glycogen as a fuel tank full of stored carbohydrate. Some glycogen is stored in the liver and some is stored the muscles themselves. This energy reserve weighs more than a pound and it’s packaged with 3-4 pounds of water when it’s stored. Your glycogen supply will shrink during the day if you fail to take in enough carbohydrates. As the glycogen supply shrinks you will experience a small imperceptible increase in appetite and your body will restore this fuel reserve along with it’s associated water. It’s normal to experience glycogen and water weight shifts of up to 2 pounds per day even with no changes in your calorie intake or activity level. These fluctuations have nothing to do with fat loss, although they can make for some unnecessarily dramatic weigh-ins if you’re prone to obsessing over the number on the scale.

Otherwise rational people also tend to forget about the actual weight of the food they eat. For this reason, it’s wise to weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you’ve had anything to eat or drink. Swallowing a bunch of food before you step on the scale is no different than putting a bunch of rocks in your pocket. The 5 pounds that you gain right after a huge dinner is not fat. It’s the actual weight of everything you’ve had to eat and drink. The added weight of the meal will be gone several hours later when you’ve finished digesting it.

Exercise physiologists tell us that in order to store one pound of fat, you need to eat 3,500 calories more than your body is able to burn. In other words, to actually store the above dinner as 5 pounds of fat, it would have to contain a whopping 17,500 calories. This is not likely, in fact it’s not humanly possible. So when the scale goes up 3 or 4 pounds overnight, rest easy, it’s likely to be water, glycogen, and the weight of your dinner. Keep in mind that the 3,500 calorie rule works in reverse also. In order to lose one pound of fat you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in. Generally, it’s only possible to lose 1-2 pounds of fat per week. When you follow a very low calorie diet that causes your weight to drop 10 pounds in 7 days, it’s physically impossible for all of that to be fat. What you’re really losing is water, glycogen, and muscle.

This brings us to the scale’s sneakiest attribute. It doesn’t just weigh fat. It weighs muscle, bone, water, internal organs and all. When you lose "weight," that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ve lost fat. In fact, the scale has no way of telling you what you’ve lost (or gained). Losing muscle is nothing to celebrate. Muscle is a metabolically active tissue. The more muscle you have the more calories your body burns, even when you’re just sitting around. That’s one reason why a fit, active person is able to eat considerably more food than the dieter who is unwittingly destroying muscle tissue.

Robin Landis, author of "Body Fueling," compares fat and muscles to feathers and gold. One pound of fat is like a big fluffy, lumpy bunch of feathers, and one pound of muscle is small and valuable like a piece of gold. Obviously, you want to lose the dumpy, bulky feathers and keep the sleek beautiful gold. The problem with the scale is that it doesn’t differentiate between the two. It can’t tell you how much of your total body weight is lean tissue and how much is fat. There are several other measuring techniques that can accomplish this, although they vary in convenience, accuracy, and cost. Skin-fold calipers pinch and measure fat folds at various locations on the body, hydrostatic (or underwater) weighing involves exhaling all of the air from your lungs before being lowered into a tank of water, and bioelectrical impedance measures the degree to which your body fat impedes a mild electrical current.

If the thought of being pinched, dunked, or gently zapped just doesn’t appeal to you, don’t worry. The best measurement tool of all turns out to be your very own eyes. How do you look? How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? Are your rings looser? Do your muscles feel firmer? These are the true measurements of success. If you are exercising and eating right, don’t be discouraged by a small gain on the scale. Fluctuations are perfectly normal. Expect them to happen and take them in stride. It’s a matter of mind over scale.

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

• DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I'm 250 posts behind so I'm just going to say be encouraged and choose to be happy today! :smiley:

Diana in NE Indiana
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Gail,

I'm so very sorry about your sister. It seems that it went awfully fast. Not sure if that is good or bad. Either way, it must hurt.

I'm going to the dentist in Joplin for a cleaning today at 1:00. Before that I need to go pay my son's deposit on the apartment. He doesn't get the deposit back on his current apartment till it's all cleaned, so there will be a little lag time between the two. We should get the money back after he's moved in. In theory anyway. My son has a habit of agreeing to repay money and then finding a reason that he can't do it. We'll see if he does it this time.

My son was almost 16 when we met hubby for the first time. Since we've been together, my son has stolen everything under the sun, lied, threatened, gone to jail, gone to rehab - twice - disappeared and reappeared in our lives, and generally been a disgraceful human being. Most of that was under the influence of drugs and/or his first wife. But hubby has never once refused to help him when it counted. I think that says a lot about him. I want to believe that my son has matured and changed, but on some level I don't believe that people ever truly change their nature. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Well, it's time to do something constructive. I hope you are all having a great morning.

Sylvia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! DH and I are still doing the coconut oil pulling. We have not experienced any side effects and have noticed our teeth are whiter, breath fresher, in between teeth opening easier to push and pull oil through, tongues pink. My NSV today I noticed for the very first time that standing with my feet and knees touching I have a 1 inch gap between my upper thighs! They no longer touch! I don't remember when if ever I had that space!

Sharon - I am glad that you are getting the counseling with your DH it will hopefully help make your marriage healthy. Your DH might have realized he needs to treat you with love.

Heather - congrats on getting under 140! You are doing very well! What is runny cheese?

Gail - I am so sorry for your loss.
    (((Hugs)))

Naomi - you must take a picture of your curtains when you finish! I hope you have a fun time with your friend. I used to enjoy doing projects with my bf until she moved away.

Peachstategal - have fun with your DGD and have a wonderful lunch with them.

Sassy - thanks for the article on the dreaded scale! I am trying to get away worrying about what it says. with the weight lifting that I am doing a lot of the people experience A weight gain. That is why it is recommended to take body measurements. I am going to only record my weight every 3 weeks just like my measurements.

Diana - thanks for the encouragement!

Time for me to the house cleaned up and do my exercises for the day. this is my last full day with my grand fur baby. he loves going on walks in the woods. we have 28 acres with groomed Trail. Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Sylvia -I think that you have a wonderful husband! any behavior can be modified, that's why we are here. I'm hoping to change my behavior from gorging myself to trying to keep myself under control. it is hard to do. I believe there is hope for your son as well!

Mary from Minnesota
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Gail: my condolences on the loss of your sister.

Not much news today. Woke up and our phone and wifi didn’t work. The phone company had changed our line but hadn’t said we needed to install the new modem by a certain date. Called customer service and ended up hanging up on them and crying; so unbelievably frustrating. Anyway, my worth-his-weight-in-gold guy got the thing installed while I was at work. (I’m good at software, but he’s better at hardware than I am.)

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    gail- i'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. I can so relate, I one of mine to cancer in June 2014. I had donated my bone marrow to her in November 2013, I guess it didn't work, it extended her life a bit but not as much as we all would have wanted. she is the first one to go in our family, there are 7 of us and in her death, she was able to bring 3 brothers together who hadn't talked to each in almost 40 years. i was able to be there at the hospital when she died, along with my mom, one of my brothers, her husband and 2 kids. i flew in (from Washington, she died in Stanford Hospital in California) at 10:30am and she died 12:40. i'm glad she waited for me. mom has taken it real hard, i am somewhat removed because i don't live over there anymore but i feel her. when i ride, i'm always talking to her and my husband who has also passed on. i am due to fly over there may 14th for the weekend to celebrate one of my nieces birthdays and i think it will hit me hard then because she would have been there. i know she will be in spirit but it's not the same no matter how you look at it. sorry about the rant, in short, i know how you feel.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sassy - v good article! :flowerforyou:

Mary - I bought Epoisses. It was the stinkiest I could find. I, my DB and DSIL all LOVE stinky cheese. My DH cannot even abide the smell of it. I only buy it when I have the excuse of guests who love it. I brought it home and wrapped the box it comes in in acres of cling film and then put it in a plastic box before putting it in the fridge. That seems to keep it under control. :laugh: On Thursday I will get it out of the fridge and "ripen" it in the utility room. It will stay wrapped, but I know DH will be going round saying "What a disgusting smell - just like stinky feet!" :laugh:

Duck legs tonight with mushy peas, stringless beans and new potatoes for DH. He is maintaining his perfect weight on my regime plus the extras I give him. :love:

My friend who broke her hip last year broke her ankle recently. Osteoporosis is a huge danger for those who limit their calorie and nutritional intake too much. She has been dieting all her life, doesn't eat much dairy, is a vegetarian and drinks much too much alcohol. A recipe for disaster. It is considered that for older women we should try to maintain a weight towards the top of the normal range of BMI rather than the lower end. Mine is almost exactly in the middle, but slightly on the higher side. Vanity means I would like to lose a couple more pounds, but it is important to keep up with the strength training for bone health.

Love again, Heather UK.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I tried to keep up with you this weekend and just now had a chance to post.

Some thoughts:
    Gilly...I have found that increased protein staves off the hunger. You may want to try that on days you exercise more. I eat cheese (baby bell is a favorite), Almonds, peanut butter on rice cakes and plain greek yogurt with stevia and cinnamon or a bit of vanilla extract.

Heather...thanks for the tip on the soup cookbook. I downloaded it to my ipad; haven't had a chance to look at it yet but will soon. I have begun to make more soups lately so this is a timely find.

Toni...love Call the Midwife also! So glad it's back. I record the series and watch it when I can give it my full attention.

Gail...so very sory to hear of the loss of your sister. I hope you find comfort in warm memories you have of her.

Janet...I became a woman of the moose this past Saturday! I went to the lodge with friends on Saturday night and decided to join. Played bingo with then yesterday and unfortunately decided on drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade (I wanted something alcholocally light and I don't drink beer). I was horrified when I logged them in later and discovered they are over 300 calories EACH!! and I had 2!! I will have to rethink the choices for the next time. I did enjoy them though so I guess it was worth it.

In regards to the discussion of coconut oil...I have been using it for various things (including cooking) for about a year. I keep the main bottle in the kitchen and then poured a small amount in a jar that is in my bathroom. I use it as a moisterizer and I like the smell. I have heard that it will strenghen/lengthen the eyelashes, so I put a little on my eyelids. No results yet but I figure it couldn't hurt. I use it as a lip balm at night because I may be meeting the man of my dreams in my dreams and want my lips to be kissable!

I lost a bit of weight this month, about 1 1/2 lbs. and that put my BMI in the "mildly overweight" range!! Yipee!! I was in the obese category when I began in September. My goal is to get into the healthy weight range. To celebrate, I went to the local Salvation Army thrift store (a favorite haunt) to buy some jeans in a smaller size. The size 14's that I was in were getting too big and I was tired of constantly pulling them up. I had a couple of pairs of 12's that fit well but I hoped would be too big soon also. So I bought 1 pair of 12's and 2 10's. When I took them to the register the cashier told me that they were 1/2 price!! $13.47 for 3 pairs of jeans! I also found a winter jacket I liked that was brand new, reversable, a size M, and very stylish (my jacket now is a XL). I got that for $7.49!! Double Score!! The size 10's are a big tight but I can actually wear them in a pinch...pun intended!

My back/shoulder/arm is still paining me and this is distressing me greatly. I have changed the poles on my elliptical so they are stationary when I use it hoping that not using my arms will help. I have been icing and using ibuprofen (though I having been dilligent).The next session of my yoga class starts on Wednesday and I don't know if going will aggravate it. It's a strange pain, it affects under my left arm and when I lower my head. I have to sit on pillows when sitting at my desk to raise myself so I don't have to look down to work. Any thoughts Ladies?

I haven't been sleeping well since the situation at work blew up. I fall asleep but then wake up around 3:30 am. In the past I would just read or turn on the TV in bed and hope to fall asleep, this time I decided to get up, putter around the house and then take Jake for a walk. Jake was confused but delighted. I think the cool morning air helps clear my mind and prevents me from panicing. I did take Tylenol PM last night and slept through the night (my back was hurting).

I am being optimistic and getting my snow tires taken off the car today in spite of the fact that it was snowing (again!!) this morning.

Gotta run...

Love to all,
    Chris in snowy, dreary, cold MA

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Morning Ladies,

Mary, I don’t know if it’s the weight loss or exercise, but I suspect it’s a combination of both that has my back feeling better. The restriction is that I don’t do any exercise that requires bending and lifting at the same time. I do my weights in upright position but can feel the strengthening in my back and stomach muscles. I feel mentally better when I do a good workout just because I know it is something good for me and I’m proud of myself for getting my very lazy butt out of the chair. You are all such inspirations for what you do.

Joyce, you have me laughing at, “my husband. His pocketbook DOES not open”. Mine is very “frugal” but often surprises me at the things he will spend money on. I have to say that I am thankful I married him rather than some spendthrift, or we wouldn’t have the money we do for retirement. I am the same way about MFP friends. I have some, but I don’t post on my homepage and as you know, I do post in here. You are all my close friends. That is great about modeling in the style show. You know they usually give a good discount to buy the clothes you model, so pick things you might want.

Heather, I feel sure that one-leg-jigging still burns calories. But the main question is, “Did you have fun?”. I hope we don’t lose sight of the fact that this life journey isn’t only about burning calories, but enjoying life. OMG, 64 pages of instructions? Wow. I guess no one said any of this was easy. Way to go, lady!!!

Naiomi, I hope you have a good and productive day with your friend. Am I the only one that doesn’t feel the need to always have dessert with a meal, even when I have company? I mean for a real dinner party I would prepare something, but a friend over for a casual meal, I know they don’t eat dessert any more than I do. And oh the temptation to have it in the house…..too much for me.

Sassy, great article. Thanks for sharing. I know I’m not alone when I say that I look forward to the day to celebrate with you when you’ve lost those pounds again. I do have a question about when you regained the weight. I know you were immobile but did your diet change? I hate to think that we would gain that much just from burning fewer calories. And how long did it take you to gain it back? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mary, great NSV! I can’t even imagine it, but how wonderful for you.

Pip, I’m sorry to hear about your sister. I hope the visit in May is a good one with good memories and not too sad.

Heather, what do you do with that stinky cheese? I hope it is used in something and won’t be eaten on its own. Sorry to hear about your friends ankle. My bone scans always say mine are fine, but I am so afraid of falling. You never know.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Time to exercise then have some bills to pay. After that I will take at least 15 minutes to start going through the closet in the guest room. I’m just so sure I have tons that can be donated or thrown away.

Have a wonderful day, ladies. <3

Quote for the day:

Life is not complicated.
    We are complicated.
    When we stop doing the wrong things
    and start doing the right things,
    life becomes simple.
    unknown

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Gail, I am so sorry about your sister. sisters are pretty special. I know you will miss her.

Dentist this morning. Now I have to go find some Biz. I bought an old yellowed doily at an antique store and want to try to restore it.

More later,
    K in NEGA
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

I hope you are having a good day. We have glorious sunshine and lots of blooming trees and bulbs here in Tennessee.

Gail - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my prayers.

Sylvia - I would love to see the zombie mask. I hope that child's parents don't let her/him watch The Walking Dead. You never know about parents these days.

Heather - My daughter in law gets a stinky cheese from a local "Cheese Lady". I think she has to treat it like you do. I would love to try it. LLLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE cheese! (too much)

Joyce - I hope you get to model. Will you send us pictures?

Gained a little at TOPS today but it will come off! We had a good meeting. I have been meaning to share that I have started using an eyelash primer made by TARTE. It lengthens my lashes and makes the mascara last. I know some of you have mentioned eyelashes lately. Now could we discuss solutions for thinning hair? If I won the lottery I would get a hair transplant in a heartbeat!

I'm off to the "important mandatory staff meeting" (ominous????) I'll check in later.
    TNToni
    OPPORTUNITY

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Gail so sorry about your sister. It is about nine years since I lost my sister. Never easy.

Cynthia we just had to get a new modem. I had to reenter password to connect my Kindle.
    My DH had it the worst he had to spend a good morning figuring out this was the problem. Computers great when they work a pain when they don't. House is coming along.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

:heart: MNMargaret
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Gail Condolences, very sorry for your loss

I'm sorry ladies I just couldn't go to sleep tonight without saying this.

It doesn't matter whether or not you're at goal because maintenance starts on Day One of your diet/lifestyle change, not on the day you reach goal. Every pound that you lose is precious and it's a pound that you never want to see it again, right? Is there anything worse than having to RE-lose weight? So much better to lose it once and for all - to maintain every pound lost.

So that's where maintenance enters the picture. Instead of focusing exclusively on losing, why not also focus on maintaining the weight you've already lost? So what if you've only lost ten pounds! Isn't it important to keep them off? That's a HUGE victory! All too often we feel like failures when the scale doesn't go down - do we ever stop to feel like successes because the scale didn't go back UP? In the end, it doesn't matter how fast you lose -- what matters is keeping it off.

Okay now that that is off my chest I am off to bed. Wishing everyone nothing but the very best this life has to offer!

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sassy ... excellent advice ... maintaining what you've lost ...

Janet ... the tears were happy tears as I realized that God knows the desires of our hearts ...something I'm struggling with right now.

Gail ... so very sorry for your loss ...

Heather ... binge eating triggers ... feeling overwhelmed by my sons' health problems I suspect... its been a long time for both of them and oldest son is really deteriorating right now. Many appointments scheduled in the next few weeks.

Joyce ... fluorescent lights are a big migraine trigger for many ... and not much you can do for it when still in school! It's the flickering ...

I was very sick last night as a result of my binge ... which I fully deserved! Haven't experienced that in months and don't want to again anytime soon! Today I am on track so far ...

I seem to attract "friend" requests and usually say yes if they're in my age bracket. Only really support a handful at best ... THIS is my best support group ... both online and in real life for my weight loss efforts. No one else is interested!

Beth in WNY
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather - I love your description of your cheese and how it affects your DH. I will have to ask my D H about that type of cheese. I will have to have him buy some so that we could experience it. Sorry to hear about your friend and her problem with breaking her bones. You are right exercising and spring training and eating healthy is key in bone health.

Chris - it sounds like a pinched nerve. I get that a lot because of my scoliosis in other issues in my back. I find if I li flat on the bed with my arms over my head it relieved the pain and loosens backup. it works for my husband as well. congratulations on your weight loss and the lucky find at the store. so happy for you! I really like the way that you use the coconut oil. I was looking at my teeth this morning and they were so white en less than two weeks I would say they have lightning a minimum of 5 shades from A yellow to a white. I don't think they could even get any whiter!

Janet - you are an inspiration as well! look at all that you do to accommodate your back issues. you don't give up! that is awesome.

K in Nega - I hope everything went well at your dentist appointment! I always dread going. I love doilies, my DM IL gave me several that her d m il and her DM made. I hope you are able to restore it.

TNToni - I tried Latisse but I never noticed any difference with my eyelashes. if anybody has something that works really well I would like to know about that. I never heard of what you are talking about I will have to check that out. as for thinning hair I know that there are products out there, but my hairdresser said that it is residue build up in your hair follicle. ever since I was younger I read that Elizabeth Taylor grandma shaved her head, pulled her hair and scratched her head vigorously to have nice thick hair. I have done that and still have thick hair. I cut at least one to 3 inches off of my hair every 3 months.

Sassy - you are right, it is important to maintain have been successful in . I have been a yo-yo dieter for the last 6 years. it is very hard to lose 1 pound and I can turn around in one day and gained 5. as we get older it is more difficult because of menopause and our metabolism slowing down. I would say that every day each of us when we stay on track that is victory!

Beth -I hear you about the binge and how sick it can make you! glad to hear that you are Back on track today!

Have a great day everyone! I am going to take my grand fur baby out for a walk in the rain! those of you that have dogs I really admire the time and love that you must put into caring for them.

Mary from Minnesota