Replies

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    h4wz2kg.jpg
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I skimmed this thread because it's Monday morning and I don't want to read them all....

I've been riding/showing/taking care of horses of all sorts for over 15 years. Depending on what type of barn work and what type of riding you are doing - you are not burning that many calories, or creating that much strength. To be a strong rider you really need to workout OFF the horse. I am friends with a lady who is a PT and nutritionist who focuses on riders. Her name is Leah Hinnefield and she runs The Athletic Rider. Look her up on Google or Facebook. She runs all sorts of free and paid programs that are designed specifically for riders. All of her stuff you can do at home (no gym memberships required), and she has an incredible supportive following. Thought I'd mention it since there are a lot of riders posting on here.

OP - as far as time, it is all in your priorities. If you have an injury that your doctors tell you you need to rehab then you need to STOP riding and rehab it. Make the time. You only get one body, you need to take care of it. If your doctors are not telling you how and which muscles to be strengthening then you need to talk to someone who will tell you. I think you mentioned riding 5 horses a day....can't you cut one of those out or shave down the time somehow to give you an extra 30 minutes to bust out some squats and push ups? Do lunges holding water buckets. Do it while your at the barn and already gross and sweaty.

Bottom Line: if you are really serious about building some muscles to prevent injuries you will find 30-45min in your day to bust out a workout.

Best of luck!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

How much do you workout a day? :)

Lol I make time. So enough. :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    h4wz2kg.jpg

:laugh:
  • FredMikmik
    FredMikmik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    OP you've had enough time to keep checking back on this thread, maybe if you stepped away from your electronic devices and used that time wisely you could have had it done already.

We make time to exercise if it's important, I wake up at 3 am so I can get my workouts in before work. So, stop with the excuses and reasons you can't.

Im in school and don't feel like doing squats in the middle of the class hehe ;)
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    I skimmed this thread because it's Monday morning and I don't want to read them all....

I've been riding/showing/taking care of horses of all sorts for over 15 years. Depending on what type of barn work and what type of riding you are doing - you are not burning that many calories, or creating that much strength. To be a strong rider you really need to workout OFF the horse. I am friends with a lady who is a PT and nutritionist who focuses on riders. Her name is Leah Hinnefield and she runs The Athletic Rider. Look her up on Google or Facebook. She runs all sorts of free and paid programs that are designed specifically for riders. All of her stuff you can do at home (no gym memberships required), and she has an incredible supportive following. Thought I'd mention it since there are a lot of riders posting on here.

OP - as far as time, it is all in your priorities. If you have an injury that your doctors tell you you need to rehab then you need to STOP riding and rehab it. Make the time. You only get one body, you need to take care of it. If your doctors are not telling you how and which muscles to be strengthening then you need to talk to someone who will tell you. I think you mentioned riding 5 horses a day....can't you cut one of those out or shave down the time somehow to give you an extra 30 minutes to bust out some squats and push ups? Do lunges holding water buckets. Do it while your at the barn and already gross and sweaty.

Bottom Line: if you are really serious about building some muscles to prevent injuries you will find 30-45min in your day to bust out a workout.

Best of luck!

Thank you! I'll check her out
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

I work out everyday 2-3 hours and even more on weekends! that's a lot of time and I can probably make 30 min extra but still think of how much time I use it's a lot when I have school work for 12+ hours and I need to do good in school and also go to classes :) please respect that and if you have some advice in form of exercises please tell if not then maybe use some time on other posts :)
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    FredMikmik wrote: »
    OP you've had enough time to keep checking back on this thread, maybe if you stepped away from your electronic devices and used that time wisely you could have had it done already.

We make time to exercise if it's important, I wake up at 3 am so I can get my workouts in before work. So, stop with the excuses and reasons you can't.

Im in school and don't feel like doing squats in the middle of the class hehe ;)
    I'm sorry but you have an answer, an excuse for everything. You were at the party all day yesterday? You're in High School but you're sitting in class typing on your phone?

Either this thread is a big joke or you just want to keep making excuses.

Were you at the birthday party all day yesterday?

It started at 17 but yes pretty much. I'm probably in a different timeline than you. And I guess you can call my school a type of high school we have computers and that's the only thing I use so I'm on my computer and I don't think that's an excuse...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    This is one of those "If you want to you do it, you don't need anything from us" threads

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I work out everyday 2-3 hours and even more on weekends! that's a lot of time and I can probably make 30 min extra but still think of how much time I use it's a lot when I have school work for 12+ hours and I need to do good in school and also go to classes :) please respect that and if you have some advice in form of exercises please tell if not then maybe use some time on other posts :)

Wait, now you work out 2-3 hours a day but don't have time to workout? What was the point of this thread again?!
  • FredMikmik
    Options

auddii wrote: »

Wait, now you work out 2-3 hours a day but don't have time to workout? What was the point of this thread again?!

I horseback ride 2-3 hours a day but I'm looking for quick exercises it would really be helpful if you knew any since the horseback riding isn't enough I know horse back riding is a sport but you can read the earlier answers to find out why I need more :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    nothreaddead_zpse8270383.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

I horseback ride 2-3 hours a day but I'm looking for quick exercises it would really be helpful if you knew any since the horseback riding isn't enough I know horse back riding is a sport but you can read the earlier answers to find out why I need more :)

push ups. do as many as you can at the start (or near the start) of the hour of the every day.

this can be alternated with squats or lunges or sit ups, etc etc.
  • FredMikmik
    Options

push ups. do as many as you can at the start (or near the start) of the hour of the every day.

this can be alternated with squats or lunges or sit ups, etc etc.

Thank you!
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am doing the XTFMAX90 Programme. It has lots of different strength workouts between 26 and 46 mins. Might be worth checking out? I set my alarm that amount of time early in the morning and do it before everyone else wakes up - only chance I get too!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

.. really?

How many programmes do you want .. you've been given exercises since the start
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    I am doing the XTFMAX90 Programme. It has lots of different strength workouts between 26 and 46 mins. Might be worth checking out? I set my alarm that amount of time early in the morning and do it before everyone else wakes up - only chance I get too!!

Thank will check it out!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No time to exercise? That is a bunch of horse-pucky. Too much horsing around....

In all seriousness, while you are busy, you can find plenty of training circuits on youtube that are 15 minutes or so as a starting point. Go to youtube and search for a "15 minute workout" and you will find many options.

21d591b7bc4586305e53f16127ad81cc.jpg