How much have you lost, and how (an informal poll)?

Options

Replies

• saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weight lost - 10.8kg (23.8lb) over 8 weeks
    How - portion control, flexible eating (weekly calorie deficit review rather than daily), moderation

Exercise: brisk, walking 40 min per day . Active at approx 15000 steps per day as per fitbit. I'm a nurse and a mum to three young girls so on my feet a LOT

Current wt 83kg calories 1650/day ht 170cm

Was worried about losing lean body mass but body fat % calculates that I have gained 700g lean mass and lost over 11kg fat :)
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Weight lost: 90 pounds
    Method: Eliminated added sugar and wheat. Otherwise no restrictions.
    Also do some cardio...mostly sprint intervals, occasionally some jogging...probably on average twice a week. Very recently (past 6 weeks) added some resistance training...body weight exercises only.

Did not count calories for most of this loss. Only the past 25 or 30 pounds have been using mfp...I am doing this to test how I react to different macro levels. Currently keeping net carbs below 100 most days.
  • katherine391
    katherine391 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lost : 5st 4lbs in 9 months.. Method - slimming world
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    29kg in a year with 5:2, maintainance the last 9mth also using 5:2.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    35#
    Portion control (only), using MFP's recommended calorie intake.
    [No exercise due to spinal cord problem.]
  • freqzinbigd
    freqzinbigd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    At my lightest: 68 pounds-- 257 to 189.

That was paleo + crossfit for the 50 pounds or so, then paleo/zone + crossfit for the last bit.

Paleo/zone was lightning fast but my calories were set far too low for the training I was doing at the time and my lifts went down.

Ate huge the next year and regained to 208 but 3/4" smaller waist and 1 inch smaller in the hips than at 189. Continued eating big but went a bit overboard...I'm still paleoish but much higher carb than most paleo types.
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 15lbs over the last month. I dropped the water weight pretty fast and now I’m trying to lose 1-2lbs a week. I walk 3.5 miles to work every morning instead of taking the bus and light rail. I’ve reduced my caloric intake and I’m drinking a lot of water. I practice yoga when I wake up and before I go to bed. I plan on adding more cardio soon and I’d like to start some form or strength training.
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lost so far: 26 lbs
    How: Tracking calories via MFP, occasional exercise (DDP Yoga, walking, cardio and some strength training at the gym)

I've kind of stalled over the past three weeks, so I bought a digital scale, tightened up my tracking, and I've started to get a little more exercise in. That should work to get it going again, since I have well over 100 lbs to lose.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Weight lost: 22 pounds
    Method: Flexible eating and making sure my exercise calories burned supported my eating habits. I like to eat...therefore I like to burn extra calories.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Lost 43lbs out of 50 over a year plus some (65 years old, 5'2.5"). Some weight dropped before MFP but since MFP consistent loss with mostly accurate calorie counting; MFP set to sedentary. Usually lost 1.5 to 2lbs. per month, now down to 1 to 1.3lbs per month sometimes less.

Exercising 5 1/2 hours, 4xs per week; Body Pump class 4 hours per week; cardio 30 minutes after 3 Body Pump classes. I use a heart rate monitor and pedometer to estimate calorie burn. Eating back 1/2 to 3/4s of exercise calories.

Most successful with macros set at 35% protein, 35% fat, 30% carbs.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Weight lost: 65 lbs, maintained for 16 months
    Method: eat less, move more
    I pretty much eat whatever I want only smaller portions. I exercise so I can eat more (eat back some of my exercise calories).
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Weight loss 28 pounds over 58 days on MFP. Track everything that goes into my mouth (except free samples at grocery store), go to the gym for resistance exercise 6 days a week and no longer give lame excuses to my dog about his thrice daily walks. We are averaging 10km a day now and this has been a brutal 2 months in Toronto this winter. Coldest February on record.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »
    Weight lost: 22 pounds
    Method: Flexible eating and making sure my exercise calories burned supported my eating habits. I like to eat...therefore I like to burn extra calories.
    Oh yeah and what she said.

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    20lbs (well I lost 35lbs in total, but deliberately put about a stone back on).

Flexible eating; although I think a massive proportion of the calorie deficit was created by starting to exercise as I literally sat on my butt all day before really.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    64 pounds so far. Lost about 8 before I found MFP a year ago.

I guess portion control and flexible eating are what I do to eat at a deficit.

55835802.png
  • ilovesweeties
    ilovesweeties Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    54 lbs down in 7 months. Started off with a manageable deficit and walking 10,000 steps/day. Added in running, started with c25k, now running 15k/week. Didn't eat back exercise calories as a rule, but enjoyed flexibility with my MFP number when eating out or just wanting a snack. Nothing is banned, but I cut out all mindless snacks- snacks in the car, on the train, while I'm walking somewhere. Eat my usual, pre-weight loss dinners with my partner, as I want to maintain. I just make sure I weigh out a smaller portion. Avoid 'dieting' in front of the kids; I dont want them thinking it's something girls have to do and boys don't. We do talk about eating healthily though. All in all, it's been easier than I thought and much easier than most of my friends and colleagues would guess!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't have a big loss like everyone else, mainly because 1) I just started and 2) I really don't have much to lose. I'm really looking to get more fit and in shape. But so far I've lost 3lbs in 4wks by watching how much I eat (staying within my calorie goal as best I can), and adding in a balance of strength training and cardio into my exercise plan. My first week all I did was log my food, I didn't start exercising until my second week.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    80lbs - IIFYM - peddled my *kitten* off on a road bike.
  • RobDowney
    RobDowney Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Lost about 30lbs. Min 5 hours/week at the gym. 60/40 split of weights vs cardio. And I eat a lot of this.7kzy2evl56gd.jpg
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Got rid of 14lbs since Jan.
    How: IIFYM/Paleo. I've been Paleo for 18 months and maintaining without counting. Love my bacon and butter.