How much have you lost, and how (an informal poll)?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My initial loss was from 227 to 192 (1.3 lbs/week) over 6 months by restricting carbohydrates and increasing the fat content of my diet (LCHF). Currently 182.

No significant exercise apart from walking about a bit. Drank a fair bit of vodka and diet coke throughout, replacing the beer that came before.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    43 lbs down

Calorie counting with flexible eating. But I shifted from almost no protein to 100+g protein daily and learned to eat treats in moderation. I wish I ate more fruits and veggies, I eat so much protein I tend to neglect the fresh foods =/
    Exercise along with deficit because I like to be able to eat more. Used to be running, nowadays I do Stronglifts 5x5 3x a week and that's really all (and don't eat as much as when I did a lot more cardio, oh well, I only have so much time to devote)
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds in three years. I had periods of weight lost followed by long periods of maintenance. Now I'm getting serious again to lose the rest (about 30-35 pounds)

The fist 20 pounds were with typical low fat more cardio approach.
    The second 20 pounds were with intermittent fasting and low GI food.
    The third 20 pounds were a mix of keto at first and then mostly grain free with occasionnal cheat.

I learnt a lot in those 3 years, especially by controlling my hunger. Now I mostly skip breakfast, eat grains only once a week and do moderate carbs.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I've lost 34kg (75 pounds)

Today I'm 1kg away from the lowest I've weighed in 10 years and 6 away from the lowest I've weighed since the first time I decided to lose weight.

I've gone from a 7XL t-shirt to somewhere between 3XL and 4XL. My pants size has gone down from 52 to 42.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    Weight Lost: 37 lbs. , probably at least another 30 (or maybe more!) to go

Started with a personal trainer in August 2013...made huge diet tweaks -- no diet soda, 8 or more glasses of water per day, red meat down to about 2x per week

cardio and strength training throughout the year and a half....

now working with a new trainer -- more diet tweaking through using MFP -- tracking carefully....still doing cardio and strength training
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Weightloss: 44 pounds (length 1.76 cm)
    Method: logging (MFP), reducing high carb/high fat food, replaced by (much) more protein, fiber healthy fats. No working out, only since a couple of months to tone my body and get everything tight, lol (since the last 4 pounds or so)
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lost 65lb. Following iifym and lifting.
  • rebeccahunt718
    rebeccahunt718 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Right now, 17. I was originally at 20, but was up and down for about two weeks and back on the down. Strict calorie counting for me
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weight lost: 141 lbs
    Method: Moderation/portion control. Exercise!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Weight lost 172lbs
    Method: Clean eating / Paleo would be a good way to put it.

Bulk gained:50lbs
    Method: Lots of sushi, peanut butter and ice cream- I guess dirty

Current cut 20lbs lost, total of 145lbs from starting weight
    Method: IIFYM/ flexible

IIFYM/ flexible is allot easier for a social life, I was a hermit for the clean eating/ paleo method.

• jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so impressed with all of you! I know you all feel so much better about yourselves and your future. :)

I didn't start out overweight so I don't have big numbers but I didn't like where my body proportions were heading so MFP was/is a GREAT tool for me. Initially lost 11 lbs but started lifting heavy and have put about 5 back on. Even with the 5 lbs, I'm a size 4/6 so you won't hear any complaints here. My diet has really been whipped into shape in the past year. Try to stick with good nutrient-dense foods, but I'm the biggest Blue Bell Ice Cream fan I know... I indulge occasionally. And chocolate is part of my every day.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    41lbs

I guess I do IIFYMs/portion control/moderation. I eat basically the same stuff I did before, just in more reasonable amounts. My diet was never that bad, I just ate too much. I try to hit my macros, but I don't stress if I'm a little under one day and a little over the next. It all evens out.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    30-35Lbs. SLOW carb/low glycemic. AKA: something like South Beach.
    And moving more.
    14 YEARS at maintenance doing the same thing, and focusing on eating a whole foods, plant based diet.

I added maintenance to the discussion because isn't that the actual goal for most folks? (and fitness goals)
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Weight loss since August 2014: 57 lbs
    How: Started going to the gym 3x a week for 30 minutes, stopped eating fast food, watched portion sizes. Started using MFP mid January and have been trying to log calories and exercise frequency with the tools provided, and have lost 17 lbs since I started here. I chose to cut soda out of my diet for now, and currently go to the gym 5x a week for 45-60 minutes now. Still have about 34 lbs to go until my goal, but the community here is very helpful and supportive. A hearty thanks from a relative newbie to the site!
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    25lb
    I lost the weight from Feb-Nov 2014 but really watching what I was eating, and by drinking loads of tea to keep my hands and mouth busy, as well as hydrate me!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Loss to date: 84lbs
    Method: Low-carb, Keto version
    Start date: June 1, 2014
    Exercise: Yes. Currently: 3 days C25k, 2 days lifting