How much have you lost, and how (an informal poll)?

Options

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    weight lost: 130 lbs
    how: first 100 lbs or so just came off by cutting out soda and taking more walks, the rest through calorie restriction.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    123 pounds. Simply eating at a deficit aka portion control. No special type of diet or plan, I eat what I want, when I want, as long as I can make it fit. I have also been maintaining this way for a year.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    131 pounds. started July 2013. met goal September 2014. low carb/high protein-fat. and walking.
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs over 8 months. It's CICO for me, or flexible eating if you prefer. The only macro I paid attention to is getting enough protein, as I quickly realized I was woefully low on that. Otherwise I eat less and move more and the balance of those two is always changing according to my mood - that flexibility is how I'm assuring longevity in this plan.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Leangains, eating window 4:00 to 10:00 p.m. I'm happy, energized and losing. When I get within 10 pounds of goal I plan on opening the window so I can eat a late lunch. The rest will have to come off due to exercise. I'm the happiest I've ever been :smiley: while restricting calories.
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    First time around, October 2011: Weight Watchers 60lbs lost. Kept all off till August 2014 (3rd pregnancy)

Second time, November 2014: Lost 28lbs counting calories in a notebook. Found MFP, plan to lose my last 40lbs calorie counting and using a fitness tracker.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Oh, sorry, I forgot to say staying within calories during the window for the week.
  • Spartanxi
    Spartanxi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weight lost: 53lbs.
    Method: Ketogenic Diet, CALORIE DEFICIT, HIIT (3 days a week)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Top amount of weight I lost: 70 pounds (gained some back in the form of muscle)
    Method: Counting Macros/flexible dieting and lifting (very little cardio)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    About 30 lbs pre MFP mostly exercising

Weight stalled, started logging on MFP. 30 more lost doing Flexible eating I guess. I log my exercise calories and distribute the surplus arbitrarily throughout the week so randomly that I don't even know till the day is over. I did have to change behaviors like eating huge amount of calories from takeout or dining out, and generally speaking I do not drink my calories
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    68 pounds down.
    Started by walking and eating less than normal.
    Now I count macros and eat in an 8 hour window. (i really like being full at dinner).
    I lift at least 3 usually 4 times a week for almost a year now. Very little cardio now.
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Weight Loss: 62lbs
    Method: Atkins
  • harrymonday
    Options
    I've lost about 30 pounds. It started when i went vegetarian, but I don't think it was not eating meat itself so much as the idea of thinking about things before I ate them. Anyways, I also took up running for weight loss and discovered I liked it. Went from sedentary Taco Bell addict to vegan ultramarathoner over my first couple years of college.

Bottom line: ate better and ate less, and exercised a lot more. Counting works!
  • Darthlance714
    Darthlance714 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weight loss: 21lbs
    Mainly By Completely cutting out soda And calorie Intake
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    32 pounds, cut out the sugar, flour , processed foods for the first month to cut the cravings. Afterwards, I mainly stayed away from processed foods/refined sugar and flour, but added 2 blocks of dark chocolate for a snack so I don't feel deprived. Keeping on track with this. Added activity as well. If over my calories-I did more activity to keep it at a deficit for the full 5 months I've been doing this. I will always eat this way from now on, I have cut out the brain fog, depression, and just feel so much better.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have lost 53 lbs. The only thing I have done is count my calories. I do not try to eat any certain way, or any certain foods. I do make sure I drink at least 10 cups of water a day and keep my calories between 1200-1400 depending on my daily activity.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Lost 53 pounds all fat pounds.

Eliminated refined sugar and processed foods. Eat whole foods - many of them raw, roasted veggies, and now smoothies. Try to stick to an 80/20 Paleo diet - pretty dang close now all the time.

Cardio (HIIT and LISS) and resistance training - all barbell and dumbell - very few machines, if any now.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Loss: 52-54 lbs depending on the day

Method: TDEE and flexible dieting. Originally I limited certain carbs but I've added them back. I was limiting them due to PCOS and as I got into better shape I felt more comfortable adding them back. I am considering reducing them again though. I exercise 5-6 times a week. Originally I did a 50/50 split of running and strength but now it's more like 2/3 weights and 1/3 cardio.

Hey man, we could be twins on this - you took the same route I did - I cannot really run anymore too many injuries in the legs and I have auto-immune issues that preclude me from doing it - but yeah, score one for the lower the carbs and eating right while exercising guys!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    77 pounds. Eat less, move more, nice & simple.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Lost 53 pounds all fat pounds.

Eliminated refined sugar and processed foods. Eat whole foods - many of them raw, roasted veggies, and now smoothies. Try to stick to an 80/20 Paleo diet - pretty dang close now all the time.

Cardio (HIIT and LISS) and resistance training - all barbell and dumbell - very few machines, if any now.

How do you know you lost all fat pounds? I thought everyone lost some muscle when they restricted. I saw a study that suggested that people lost less muscle by eating 2x as much protein, but I haven't read about a way to not lose it at all.