Options

Replies

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Calories in and out determine weight gain/loss and macros determine if its muscle or fat.

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying that if I eat excess calories, but it's the "right" macro, it will wind up being muscle?

Because that sounds a lot easier than weight lifting and actually doing work. Please tell me more.
    Of course you need to train .. Balls to the wall heavy !! Rock on

The thing is, you simplified the process down too far, which resulted in a post that's more likely to confuse new posters than to help them. And now it's just going to be a bunch of jokes and MFP memes, because that's what happens. Enjoy!
    I see .. :)

OP, you seem to have a good spirit about you and taking all of this in stride & good humor. :)

No, he thinks he's being funny...
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Now I'm not sure if you're a troll or a really good sport. Well played.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    [obligatory just the tip comment]

*snorts*
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Calories in and out determine weight gain/loss and macros determine if its muscle or fat.

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying that if I eat excess calories, but it's the "right" macro, it will wind up being muscle?

Because that sounds a lot easier than weight lifting and actually doing work. Please tell me more.

The thing is, you simplified the process down too far, which resulted in a post that's more likely to confuse new posters than to help them. And now it's just going to be a bunch of jokes and MFP memes, because that's what happens. Enjoy!

OP, you seem to have a good spirit about you and taking all of this in stride & good humor. :)
    I didn't mean to offend anyone ... I'm not here to judge ... I'm here to help and to express as well get help from others. Trial and error ..Like I said in my 2nd post maybe the macronutrients that I use won't work for others.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Let my people go.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I didn't mean to offend anyone ... I'm not here to judge ... I'm here to help and to express as well get help from others. Trial and error ..Like I said in my 2nd post maybe the macronutrients that I use won't work for others.
    No one is offended.
    But you aren't helping anybody at all.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    l6l0wb4.gif?w=500
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    As someone else said, you're oversimplifying. You need to explain what you mean with the macros bit, otherwise newbies are likely to go 'oh, so if I completely cut out fat I'll lose fat!' (which we see all the time anyway). I'm sure you'd agree that eliminating fat completely would be very, very bad. Likewise, they could go 'oh so I just need to eat protein and I won't lose any muscle, just fat'.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    :D I have all the answers now... yay2.gif
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I am laughing. This is silly.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    What the actual f**k is this?

Anyone?

It is a simple tip for his people. Did you not read the thread title?

• TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Looks like someone has finally learned a new word. Macros. Please Do Tell US All About This Macro Stuff You Speak of.............

Bruh
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Anyone?

Ah. I see.

I thought it was a load of bollocks posted by somebody with no idea what they're on about, and who should probably not post because of that, or a really crap joke thread, which was about as funny as being punched in the face by a bear on PCP.

I stand corrected.

Is that a thing?
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I think OP has left the building
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    I think OP has left the building

No way. He doesn't think he is done helping his people just yet.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Anyone?

Ah. I see.

I thought it was a load of bollocks posted by somebody with no idea what they're on about, and who should probably not post because of that, or a really crap joke thread, which was about as funny as being punched in the face by a bear on PCP.

I stand corrected.

Is that a thing?

Do bears take PCP in the woods?

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Anyone?

Ah. I see.

I stand corrected.

[whycan'titbeboth.gif] (too lazy to look for it).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

yes CICO..

not sure what you mean about the macro thing…

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Anyone?

Ah. I see.

I stand corrected.

Is that a thing?

Do bears take PCP in the woods?

I reckon those would be city bears. Surely woodland bears would be more inclined towards weed, and therefore chilled out and unlikely to punch people.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    But but

There's a spider

And it played teeny tiny bongo drums

I can now die happy :bigsmile: