For my people --- simple tip

Options

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Ugg, I've never found jokes about prison rape to be appropriate or amusing.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Thank you.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    So what to a build if I only eat carbs?

5391613265_1fdafa5e31_m.jpg

Is that a french fry jenga? because that would be amazing.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lsogs20yVQ1qf2jixo1_400.gif

What was the intent of your post?
    Special tip that people here don't know?

THIS IS THE CUTEST GIF EVERRRRRRRR

Also thanks to this thread I'm now singing LEEEEEEEEEEEEEET MYYYYYYY PEEEEEEEEEOPLE GO! at the top of my head.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm outta here. I had a very good laugh reading these comments.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Oh, lord. I almost posted the Archer "just the tip" video, but it was far more obscene than the words MFP asterix's out.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Is that a french fry jenga? because that would be amazing.

I think it's meant to be a log cabin, but let's pretend it's jenga, cos that's much better :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Hahaha awesome!!!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    The way i understand it ( and correct me if i am wrong, after all English isn't my mother language).

CICO determent weight loss, maintaining or gaining.
    Macro's determent if you lose muscle or not.

So in other words when she says ( according to my simple mind) when i eat enough protein i can grow more muscle even when i eat at a deficit.

Now if i believe this what she means here, is something else. According to my logic you can only gain muscle when you train ( and eat the right macro's).
    But that's just me thinking.
    The way i understand it ( and correct me if i am wrong, after all English isn't my mother language).

So in other words when she says ( according to my simple mind) when i eat enough protein i can grow more muscle even when i eat at a deficit.

Now if i believe this what she means here, is something else. According to my logic you can only gain muscle when you train ( and eat the right macro's).
    Finally someone understands the point ... When losing weight, aka fat, you need protein to hold muscle mass. You must need to be on cal surplus to gain muscle... If you're hitting the weights

You cannot maintain muscle mass from eating protein alone. You must do strength training as well.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't meant to confuse anyone :)
    Im just trying to simplified things up so everyone that is currently working or just started to work on their journey won't over think stuff.

1.Only calories in and calories out determine weight change, nothing else.

2.Macro ratios (P/C/F) determine if the weight change is due to fat or muscle.

So you do mean to still give wrong information on your second attempt LOL. You are still wrong OP.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Calories in and out determine weight gain/loss and macros determine if its muscle or fat.

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying that if I eat excess calories, but it's the "right" macro, it will wind up being muscle?

Because that sounds a lot easier than weight lifting and actually doing work. Please tell me more.
    Of course you need to train .. Balls to the wall heavy !! Rock on

Wrong! No you don't.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Im just trying to simplified things up so everyone that is currently working or just started to work on their journey won't over think stuff.

So you do mean to still give wrong information on your second attempt LOL. You are still wrong OP.

At least he's consistent!
    Consistently wrong... but still!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

tumblr_ll8ltbifjg1qafrh6.gif
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Stop being so an*l.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    This thread is like a train wreck. I want to turn away and not look anymore, but I just can’t!

trainwreck.gif
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    As someone else said, you're oversimplifying. You need to explain what you mean with the macros bit, otherwise newbies are likely to go 'oh, so if I completely cut out fat I'll lose fat!' (which we see all the time anyway). I'm sure you'd agree that eliminating fat completely would be very, very bad. Likewise, they could go 'oh so I just need to eat protein and I won't lose any muscle, just fat'.

This is in like the newbie guide for some reason until they research what building muscle actually takes. Or someone tells them.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Finally someone understands the point ... When losing weight, aka fat, you need protein to hold muscle mass. You must need to be on cal surplus to gain muscle... If you're hitting the weights

Third time is a charm. Nope still wrong.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    58696886.jpg
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    58696886.jpg

Or you can see what else OP wants to teach us?