Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Ok help clarify this for me, and this is a serious non baiting honest question.

I'm walking along and in the the other direction comes a woman with her shirt half undone so her boobs are half hanging out, and to top this classy look off she's wearing those jeans shorts with half her butt cheeks hanging out.
    Is it wrong of me to instantly think "Trash", because that's the first thing that comes to mind. Why is she so insecure in herself that she has to parade her body around to get attention??

I've got a decent set of boobs, which i cover up because i have absolutely no desire to be ogled by strange men. My self worth is not measured by how many guys perve on me that day!!
    Now, if i go out dressed half naked and get perved on, i have no right to be pissed off because this was obviously my intention when i left the house this morning.

I don't know..... Perhaps i have more to offer the world than my banging body. And i choose not to be treated like an animal in the zoo and be leered at like a piece of meat.

For example when i go out walking i wear a baggy shirt and shorts. Why?? Because again, i don't want or need the attention. My husband gives me plenty of that!

Here's your answer: if being ogled bothers you, then you have the right to cover up. If she likes to be ogled, it's her right to show her goodies. Just because she enjoys sexual attention doesn't mean she doesn't have other things to offer as well. She could also be a brilliant artist who takes great pride in her paintings, for example. And it's not right of you to suggest she's inferior to you just because she enjoys sexual attention and you don't. Live and let live.

I didn't say she was inferior. My question was WHY. Why do some women crave and need that attention. In my opinion there's something wrong somewhere....
    I can only guess, insecurity

You did call this hypothetical woman "trash", now, come on.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I'm walking along and in the the other direction comes a woman with her shirt half undone so her boobs are half hanging out, and to top this classy look off she's wearing those jeans shorts with half her butt cheeks hanging out.
    Is it wrong of me to instantly think "Trash", because that's the first thing that comes to mind. Why is she so insecure in herself that she has to parade her body around to get attention??

I've got a decent set of boobs, which i cover up because i have absolutely no desire to be ogled by strange men. My self worth is not measured by how many guys perve on me that day!!
    Now, if i go out dressed half naked and get perved on, i have no right to be pissed off because this was obviously my intention when i left the house this morning.

I don't know..... Perhaps i have more to offer the world than my banging body. And i choose not to be treated like an animal in the zoo and be leered at like a piece of meat.

For example when i go out walking i wear a baggy shirt and shorts. Why?? Because again, i don't want or need the attention. My husband gives me plenty of that!

Here's your answer: if being ogled bothers you, then you have the right to cover up. If she likes to be ogled, it's her right to show her goodies. Just because she enjoys sexual attention doesn't mean she doesn't have other things to offer as well. She could also be a brilliant artist who takes great pride in her paintings, for example. And it's not right of you to suggest she's inferior to you just because she enjoys sexual attention and you don't. Live and let live.

I didn't say she was inferior. My question was WHY. Why do some women crave and need that attention. In my opinion there's something wrong somewhere....

Why are you assuming that's the case? People are comfortable in all sorts of manner of dress or lack thereof. Are nudists only seeking attention because they must be if we follow your line of thought.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Why does a woman need to be begging for attention in order to dress a certain way? That's my issue with the things you've said in this thread. It's like the other poster saying that women who wear makeup are stupid. If it's not your thing, whatever, but don't assume you know why others do what they do. Women who dress provocatively are generally comfortable with their bodies and confident, not asking to be 'perved on' or whatever you think.
  • tomatoey
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    So what if her shirt's half undone, her boobs whatever, her butt whatever? Maybe she's comfortable, maybe she likes feeling however she feels. Maybe, she's a mom who's a bit too warm, like the person who posted minutes before you. Maybe she's the opposite of insecure. Maybe she's dressing that way entirely for herself because she enjoys living in her body.

Nope. Don't buy it..

It doesn't matter if you buy it or not, though. See?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I wasn't talking about nudists
  • tomatoey
    Options
    @christinev297 - have you seriously never dolled yourself up to the nines (or to the 0s) just because you wanted to rock it, and for no other reason?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    So what if her shirt's half undone, her boobs whatever, her butt whatever? Maybe she's comfortable, maybe she likes feeling however she feels. Maybe, she's a mom who's a bit too warm, like the person who posted minutes before you. Maybe she's the opposite of insecure. Maybe she's dressing that way entirely for herself because she enjoys living in her body.

Nope. Don't buy it..

I've known women like that who are very comfortable with their bodies not insecure in the way you are trying to claim.

I find it funny that most of the time these women are deemed trashy, attention seeking or are supposedly super insecure by those who are very insecure themselves.

Not saying that all women who dress a certain way are above the tearing down of other women, but it's pretty lame to make such judgmental generalizations.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options

1) Some women are displaying their appearance because they seek to attract a mate, and most men and many gay women are visual, even if they are also very profound.

2) Some women find it complimentary when people look at their bodies with lust or approval. We humans display our positive traits so that people will give us social validation, as we are social animals. You probably have some positive traits you display proudly. Maybe you're an amazing poet, and you show your friends your poetry partly in order to impress them. Maybe you have your college diploma framed on the wall of your living room to show off a little to visiting friends. Maybe the woman takes pride in her body, maybe she worked hard for it or is proud of her good genetics. Get it? I don't see the problem here.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I wasn't talking about nudists

Why not? They'd go about naked if they could. Or is it the amount of fabric and not skin that defines this walking the line between okay and trashy?
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    This thread was incredibly amusing....

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!

I know for a fact a far number of the ladies in this thread are married/in long term relationships.

Not that your attempt at insults amount to much really, there are mass murders and criminals who manage to have people who will stick by them but some women with varying opinions on body image are the ones who'll be running into trouble? I mean....okay. Sure.

you'll never know who i really meant though now will you?

Wow, thanks for taking the heat off me veganbettie :+1:

:wink: and your...what did she say...."orange" skin? because clearly people can't have different skin tones....

200.gif

And, to be honest, I don't know a single woman who wouldn't love to look like Amber Rose PRE-SURGERY. In fact, every woman I know that looks more like that post-surgery pic would kill for her natural fit shape. The implants make her look grotesque. It's one thing to be naturally bodacious. Quite another to get surgically altered to look like a physiological impossibility.
    Also note that the ladies in Sir Mix A Lot's video have normal fine hindquarters, not silly puffed up nonsense like Amber and Kim have now.

But, then, the good Sir did point out that Silicone Parts are made for Toys....so he was a refined gentleman in his tastes.

Glad to see that some of you do have common sense lol. I find it almost an insult to women in general that some women go for that completely sexualized look. It's not attractive. It's an open invitation for pervs and makes them look like sexual objects. But I guess it does reflect on their IQ... in a way I pity them if they felt they had to go to such extents to get attention, when they were so beautiful before.

Ok yeah I apparently have strong feelings about that.

Hello Judgey McJudgerson .I have strong feelings about women who put down other women for their appearance (and their supposed IQ's) and call them 'trash'.

Women: their own worst enemies. I've never seen guys be as vile to a woman as I have witnessed women be in daily interactions.

Oh, please. You haven't looked hard enough.

Well @tomatoey 20+ pages of women vs women gives me the perception that I most certainly have
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Nope. Don't buy it..

I've known women like that who are very comfortable with their bodies not insecure in the way you are trying to claim.

I find it funny that most of the time these women are deemed trashy, attention seeking or are supposedly super insecure by those who are very insecure themselves.

Not saying that all women who dress a certain way are above the tearing down of other women, but it's pretty lame to make such judgmental generalizations.

It is lame. It's really gross to see women who are so misogynistic. If I see a girl wearing a bikini top and short shorts at the supermarket, I assume she is either on her way from or to the beach, not that she is desperate for attention.
  • Toni_McKinney924
    Toni_McKinney924 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Since 145 is over weight for your height, Im gonna say no. Healthy is way better than "in"
  • tomatoey
    Options

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!

I know for a fact a far number of the ladies in this thread are married/in long term relationships.

Not that your attempt at insults amount to much really, there are mass murders and criminals who manage to have people who will stick by them but some women with varying opinions on body image are the ones who'll be running into trouble? I mean....okay. Sure.

:wink: and your...what did she say...."orange" skin? because clearly people can't have different skin tones....

200.gif

And, to be honest, I don't know a single woman who wouldn't love to look like Amber Rose PRE-SURGERY. In fact, every woman I know that looks more like that post-surgery pic would kill for her natural fit shape. The implants make her look grotesque. It's one thing to be naturally bodacious. Quite another to get surgically altered to look like a physiological impossibility.
    Also note that the ladies in Sir Mix A Lot's video have normal fine hindquarters, not silly puffed up nonsense like Amber and Kim have now.

But, then, the good Sir did point out that Silicone Parts are made for Toys....so he was a refined gentleman in his tastes.

Glad to see that some of you do have common sense lol. I find it almost an insult to women in general that some women go for that completely sexualized look. It's not attractive. It's an open invitation for pervs and makes them look like sexual objects. But I guess it does reflect on their IQ... in a way I pity them if they felt they had to go to such extents to get attention, when they were so beautiful before.

Hello Judgey McJudgerson .I have strong feelings about women who put down other women for their appearance (and their supposed IQ's) and call them 'trash'.

Women: their own worst enemies. I've never seen guys be as vile to a woman as I have witnessed women be in daily interactions.

20+ pages of women vs women gives me the perception that I most certainly have

Your comment was that women tear each other down, harder than men tear women down. Look, the ways men can be awful to women is another 21 page thread. Just believe.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »

Nope. Don't buy it..

It is lame. It's really gross to see women who are so misogynistic. If I see a girl wearing a bikini top and short shorts at the supermarket, I assume she is either on her way from or to the beach, not that she is desperate for attention.

what do you think your husband would be thinking...

• Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I have a really sexy monokini bathing suit I wear sometimes. I don't wear it at family outings because I feel like it's too sexy for that, but other times I do wear it in public. Because it's sexy. I know men will look, you can't get mad about that, but there's a line where it crosses to rude and pervy. That's on them. But there's nothing wrong with liking to look sexually attractive. I mean unless you're in Saudi Arabia.

• strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

20+ pages of women vs women gives me the perception that I most certainly have

Your comment was that women tear each other down, harder than men tear women down. Look, the ways men can be awful to women is another 21 page thread. Just believe.

I stand by my comment that women constantly go after each other, way more than men vs women or men vs men. I was in all alpha-male environment for years (early career) and now I am in a female dominated profession. Seen both sides.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Nope. Don't buy it..

oh no.... girl..
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Nope. Don't buy it..

Wow! Your assumptions and generalizations really are something.

Why would it be wrong for a guy to appreciate someone's outward appearance? Or for a girl to? Would you scold someone for appreciating the Statue of David? Seriously.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Why do people in general crave attention? Because they're people. I don't understand why when that attention is directed at her personality or some good trait she has it's acceptable, but when it's directed at her body with consent it's not. Is the human body a thing to be ashamed of? Why is it acceptable to think of sexuality as something degrading (piece of meat) but not of other traits? I don't understand that disconnect between the body and mind. They both make a person, and a person can be proud of both, putting them both on display if they choose to without having to be judged as "trash" on "insecure".
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    do other women get mad at me if i'm looking really good and their guys check me out? Does that happen?