30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh add me to friends list please! I could use the support also :) I am on Day 4, having trouble with doing all the jump ropes, jumping jacks and pushups.. hopefully I get better at this! I also have a lot of trouble figuring out what my calories should be and so I think I usually eat too little.. can't quite make myself believe that upping my intake a bit will be a good idea.

My intention was to get up early and do before work, but couldn't make myself get out of bed.. so I'll have to do it before hitting the gym tonight. I am also going to the gym 5-6 days a week and doing 30 min on treadmill and about 30 min on weight machines.

My starting weight for 30DS is 194.5.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    TimCint-my burn varied throughout the levels between 105 and 180 depending on the effort I exerted. That was based on my HRM so yours would be somewhat different. I am 52, 5'4" and weigh 156 now.

Jeanz-I was wondering how level 3 was going to be for your injury. I think it was my favorite level after about day 5 but all the jumping really got me at first. My shoulders screamed the first couple of days shadowboxing with weights!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian Michaels for Beginners today at 5AM. I'll be switching to 30DS once I feel strong enough.
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first day of the 30 DS. How do I log it?
    And does anyone know how many calories are burned?
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've b een gone for a while, but I'm back. Started over at Level 2. Day 1 is done and I hate planks!!!
  • nydc
    nydc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 3 complete... Almost there, Eek!
  • nydc
    Options
    I just completed my first day of the 30 DS. How do I log it?
    And does anyone know how many calories are burned?

I think most people, who dont have a heart rate monitor, log it as 20 minutes of circuit training (under cardiovascular exercise)... myfitnesspal will calculate the calories burned for you.
  • TeresaMarie46
    Options
    This is day 8 for me. Still doing level 1. I am kind of unsure of when to move up and /or rest. Pulled a calf muscle pretty bad on day 4 but continued to do it, just substituted different cardio for the butt kicks. I am really liking it and anxious to advance to Level 2 I can feel myself getting stronger and believe that inches will disappear.

Age - 52
    Starting weight-164
    Height - 5'4"
    Thighs - 21.5
    Hips - 39.25
    Waist - 36
    Arms - 12.5
    Back(above the boobies) - 37
    Abs - 39.25

It is my evening workout. I use the elliptical or Bowflex each morning briefly.

Thats awesome, I am just doing the shred right now, before I add anything else/
  • TeresaMarie46
    Options
    Do I repeat level one for 10 days, or does it go by Day 2 , L1.
    I have no clue.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love this routine. I did it about 2 years ago with fantastic results -a weight loss of about 35 pounds.

I'm back again, ready to give it alive got. I'm on day 8, Level 1.
  • nydc
    Options
    Do I repeat level one for 10 days, or does it go by Day 2 , L1.
    I have no clue.

The way the program was designed, to my understanding, is
    Level 1 - 10 days
    level 2 - 10 days
    level 3 - 10 days

Some people choose to mix it up but i did it this way.. i'll admit it gets boring some days , but i just do it anyway lol
  • TeresaMarie46
    Options
    Thank you...that's how I originally logged it, but was prepared to change it.
    Im certainly feeling it.

Thanks again.
  • TeresaMarie46
    Options
    Thanks again. I feel like I've been pointed in the right direction.
    So at least tomorrow I'll have a plan.
  • TeresaMarie46
    Options
    I sent you an invite, but have not been added.
  • EmElite
    EmElite Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Going to start Shred this week, please add me if you would like to chat/share advice and stories :-)
  • nydc
    Options
    Thank you...that's how I originally logged it, but was prepared to change it.
    Im certainly feeling it.

Thanks again.

No problem :)
  • nydc
    Options
    Just finished Level 3 Day 2, and it's harder then it looks i must say .. lol I seem to be enjoying it more then Level 2, all those planks sucked!
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i did level 1 for 9 or 10 days.
    now on level two, its so much harder!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys--I had planned to start Level 3 today, but Lion's Gate must have censored all of youtube b/c I can't find one flippin' copy. It was there the other night--I even bookmarked it after watching the whole thing. Oh well, that's what I get for being a cheapo and not buying the DVD. :laugh:

I ended up just doing another day of Level 2, got a terrible calf cramp doing pendulum lunges, and couldn't really finish b/c of the pain. Not my day. :ohwell:
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Jeanz! Don't you have a nice vaca about to start?

I started a Jackie Warner 30 day video yesterday since I had finished 30DS and my legs were to sore to do anything this evening. Glad I did the elliptical this am.