Options
    Level 3 Day 4 complete, 6 more to go! Waaa hoo
  • cinnamonsticks22
    Options
    Day 6 for me. ;]
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @ judykat & skinnyjeanz: Thanks so much for your kind words. I had a little more time for L2 this morning and it wasn't as bad; the moves weren't as complicated as I thought and I modify where necessary. The double jump rope kills me so I just follow Anita and do the old L1 jump rope (for now).

I wish the girls were mic'd better because I'd love to hear Natalie's comments! :laugh: Then again, that could just be from the not so great quality You Tube video I'm using; when I buy the DVD this weekend maybe I'll be able to hear her better.

Smoking: I quit on New Year's and used e-cigs for a few weeks but then I went back to it, unfortunately. Hopefully this exercise regimen will finally convince me to drop that bad habit once and for all but as you say, I have to be ready.

Thanks again and have a great Friday/weekend, everyone!! :heart:

EDIT: I lost another pound today; only 20 more to go!! Boo-ya!! :drinker:
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So I started back attempting the 30DS this week and I have gained 3 lbs in 3 days! Has anyone else had this result? I am pretty sure it's water weight but I'm not close to TOM so I was just looking for some other 30DS user input. I haven't changed my eating habits and I am drinking a ton of water.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    blc-everytime I start a new workout routine my weight loss halts for a few weeks. My muscles and body need to adjust I suppose to the different activity. Even if they are similar it happens. If you are sore or were not doing anything close to the 30 DS before it is quite likely that your muscles are retaining/gathering fluids. Stay with it, you will be fine.

Also make sure that you didn't greatly increase what you are consuming. If you eat back calories and are using anything but a HRM to calculate your burn, my guess is you are overeating. I firmly feel that the 30DS is more a muscle building rather than a calorie burning workout although calories certainly are burned.
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    judykat--- Thanks for the input!! I had been sick for about 3 weeks straight (one thing after another) and am just getting back on my exercise wagon. I was doing some exercise but not with the intensity of 30DS. I did lose about 3lbs during the last 3 weeks even without heavy exercise. However, I only want to drop about 20-25 lbs more and I know it's going to get tougher from here. Getting back to working out made me pretty sore up until yesterday, so I figured it would probably be water weight repairing the muscles. It's just nice to know you're not alone!! I have been watching my food closely, even during the time I was sick, and sticking to my calories. I don't think I'm overeating but I will continue to watch that too. I'm 42 years old and I've finally learned it's not about being thin but about being healthy and feeling great. That being said, I do want to achieve my goals. I won't give up!!! Thank you again!!
  • k13694
    k13694 Posts: 11
    Options
    I just finished day 30 about 20 minutes ago. I'm so glad I stuck with it and I can definitely tell a difference in my body and overall endurance. I'll be back to post pictures and updated stats tomorrow, I just couldn't contain my excitement that I finished today!
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 30 about 20 minutes ago. I'm so glad I stuck with it and I can definitely tell a difference in my body and overall endurance. I'll be back to post pictures and updated stats tomorrow, I just couldn't contain my excitement that I finished today!

That's awesome! I'm only on day 4, thanks for the inspiration!
  • k13694
    k13694 Posts: 11
    Options
    30dsBA.jpg
    30dsBAback.jpg

Before and after stats:

Height: 5'10"

June 9 - - - - July 13

Weight: 167.7 - - - - 158.8
    Bust: 38 - - - - 37
    Waist: 32 - - - - 30.25
    Hips: 41.5 - - - - 41
    Thigh: 24.75 - - - - 24

I did 30DS everyday except for Saturdays, which were always rest days. I made sure to pick up where I left off, so I did each level for the full 10 days. I also incorporated a little more cardio and weight lifting on some days. I tried to carefully track/weigh everything I ate. My diary is open if you want to take a look or feel free to friend me!
  • mrskellit
    mrskellit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    K13694, those are amazing results!

I just hit level 2 yesterday. Holy cow. I felt like I was flailing my way through most of the plank-ish moves. Today was a tiny bit easier--it felt very similar to my first 2 days on level 1 (still difficult but I felt a bit more in control).

I can already see a bit of slimming in the waist area and am down about 2lbs. I hope this continues!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey guys-
    I was running this morning and my calf cramped up again--the same thing happened a few days ago while I was doing 30DS. Now my entire calf muscle hurts even when I'm just walking, so no more exercise for me tonight. I don't plan to do anything other than walk between now and when I leave for my trip on Monday. I will pick up 30DS when I get back from vacation. I ;ll check back with you guys after I return on the 26th.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    day 4 here
  • Marvie13
    Marvie13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im starting tomorrow - Im back on the band wagon - just lost 53 pounds and im starting the 30DS again. i said once i was down 50 pounds i'd do it. I did it before and had great results. It's a great routine.
    Good luck to all... anyone can add me if you like -
  • Marvie13
    Marvie13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. those are fantastic results!
  • itzCoffeeTime
    Options
    Hey guys-
    I was running this morning and my calf cramped up again--the same thing happened a few days ago while I was doing 30DS. Now my entire calf muscle hurts even when I'm just walking, so no more exercise for me tonight. I don't plan to do anything other than walk between now and when I leave for my trip on Monday. I will pick up 30DS when I get back from vacation. I ;ll check back with you guys after I return on the 26th.
    make sure to have plenty of potassium before your workouts, it helps with cramps. You could do a banana or something like coconut water which I absolutely love.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    K-looking good! Great results.

Jeanz-have a great trip!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey guys-
    make sure to have plenty of potassium before your workouts, it helps with cramps. You could do a banana or something like coconut water which I absolutely love.

Thanks--I tend to get a lot of potassium in my diet, so I think I was just not well-hydrated either day. It's rare for me, but I've had an odd week schedule-wise, so my water intake has been inconsistent. I don't like regular coconut water, but a race I did a few weeks ago was handing out dark chocolate flavored coconut water and it was delicious!!
  • nydc
    nydc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Level 3, Day 6 done :)
  • dezywezy
    dezywezy Posts: 1
    Options
    Day 3 here, Level 1!

I carry ALLLLLLL of my weight in my waist area.... I'd rather not post my measurements :-p

Add me!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You guys, maybe I'm slow to have just realized this---

You don't just do 30 days, improve your body and then sit back and enjoy it. No. All the hard-won improvements will go away! This exercise thing, it's never over with. You have to keep at it several times a week at least or you slip back into, well, the state you were in before.

Maybe this obvious to everyone else, but I feel a little discouraged about it, cuz I don't really like exercising. I like feeling stronger and looking better, but the time and sweat involved? meh.

So I'm just doing some kettlebell stuff during TV time and a little stationary biking. I'm not gonna kill myself to get to a peak of fitness I know I won't maintain.