30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Finished L2D4 today! (Or yesterday? It's 2am... I have a 3 month old. Lol) I feel so weak doing the walk out push ups. I am hoping my endurance will build.. I am also hating all the up and down. I am already doing that with the kids all day, so I guess it's just extra so it's wears me out fast. So glad tomorrow I will be halfway done. I hate level 2. I would love to quit, it's so nice to have support to get thru this! If anyone needs a 30DS friend, add me! :)
  • rabbiaa
    rabbiaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hi there, me too on day 7 of the shred bt my period cycle got upset i got heavy bleeding is this normal???? i am so much worried :( should i stop the shred?.
  • Melissa999999
    Melissa999999 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I admire y'all that do the video. I own it and have yet to get past the warm up and first circuit before I can't catch my breath. I'm going to keep trying. Once I can do the whole level 1 then I will start my 30 days. Anyone have suggestions on how to get it done though?
  • ksnel3
    Options
    I admire y'all that do the video. I own it and have yet to get past the warm up and first circuit before I can't catch my breath. I'm going to keep trying. Once I can do the whole level 1 then I will start my 30 days. Anyone have suggestions on how to get it done though?

Why don't you just do it however long it takes? Just do each level until you can master all 3. Even if its doing every level for a month. Then later on do it in 30 days. It will still greatly improve your endurance and strength!
  • rabbiaa
    rabbiaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hi there, me too on day 7 of the shred bt my period cycle got upset i got heavy bleeding is this normal???? i am so much worried :( should i stop the shred?.:sad:
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today was my day 1 too! friend request coming.
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    In another post someone said they logged it as circuit training. I'm not sure how accurate that is but, that's what I've been logging. I would like to get some type of HRM to be more accurate.

At first I logged it as curcuit training. Which says that you burn 294
    calories per 20 min workout.

What I did was"created"an exercise by naming it the 30 Day Shred
    and added the 20 min. and 294 calories burned. It may now be
    in the database as such, if not, create it for yourself.
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    hi there, me too on day 7 of the shred bt my period cycle got upset i got heavy bleeding is this normal???? i am so much worried :( should i stop the shred?.:sad:

I have that same issue. I just take that time off or wait until the heavy flow is gone because
    I never feel good anyway.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4, level 1. I workout every day, but don't do 30 day shred everyday. I'm planning on doing that along with Zumba tonight. Good luck everyone!
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi guys--I had planned to start Level 3 today, but Lion's Gate must have censored all of youtube b/c I can't find one flippin' copy. It was there the other night--I even bookmarked it after watching the whole thing. Oh well, that's what I get for being a cheapo and not buying the DVD. :laugh:

I found the DVD hiding at Best Buy for $9.99. It's nice because I can MUTE JILLIAN but still get the music (though I might bring in my own soon). Tonight is my day 8, level 1. I also am going on vacation and needed it to be portable.

Measurements when I started on 7/2/13:

Height: 5' 6" (Hope that doesn't change)
    Weight: 252 (248.9 as of last Friday)
    Hips: 48
    Waist (Natural): 41
    Waist (Fullest part): 48
    Biceps: 15
    Thighs: 30.5
    Chest: 46.5

I'm excited to take pics and measurements when I hit Day 10 and move up to level 2! Feel free to add. I love people that are in this too. I use a HRM to calculate cals burned during the exercise.

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I just finished this a few days back but stay on the tread since I started when it did and I plan on doing it all again in a month or so-just a few friendly pointers-

Confutt-Just do it. I feel each level is going to be different for each person in difficulty. Get through level one and give level 2 a go-you may find after a few days that it is quite doable for you. Bits out of each level were both easier and harder for me than bits out of other levels.

TeresaM-Careful if you eat back your calories counting that kind of burn. I didn't get burn near that using my HRM, it varied from 100 to 180 on one day of Level three with a normal burn of about 120. A great burn though and building those muscles gave helped get more burn out of other activities.

Rab-I would not think you need to stop unless you feel the flow is caused by something you have injured. Rather just don't put quite the effort into the workout for a few days but still do it. If injured you should seek professional help.

Hanna-I would be hesitant my first go through of muting Jillian however annoying you find her. She does seem to remind you to breath, keep your elbows back, etc to correct your form-normally right when I needed it. I feel correct form is pretty important to this workout and makes a lot of difference in several of the moves. They would be easy for me to cheat if she wasn't watching me. Natalie cheats it all the time!

Hang in there-it is tough but doable!
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day toooo! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's sore hours later.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys--
    I got to babysit my 18 month old niece the entire day today. Wow--I really don't know how you folks with kids do it! She just exhausts me! The only time she wasn't running me ragged was when she was napping which was only an hour and a half of the whole day. The rest of the time we were dancing, playing with toys, playing "horsey" (I, of course, was the horse), running around the courtyard, etc. Even when she was in her high chair eating her breakfast and lunch, I couldn't rest b/c I had to use that time to prep and clean up her food, or feed myself. I left home about 6 am and didn't get home until after 7 pm, so the only "exercise" I got was walking my dog. However, I'm more tired and sore than I've ever been after 30DS! :laugh:

I will do 30DS again tomorrow.

@judy--yes, I leave for 10 days in Switzerland/France on Monday!! :noway: So excited!!
  • ksnel3
    Options
    haha Skinnyjeans- I have an 18 month old and a 3 month old! It's interesting!

Half way done today!! So excited!!
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hanna-I would be hesitant my first go through of muting Jillian however annoying you find her. She does seem to remind you to breath, keep your elbows back, etc to correct your form-normally right when I needed it. I feel correct form is pretty important to this workout and makes a lot of difference in several of the moves. They would be easy for me to cheat if she wasn't watching me. Natalie cheats it all the time!

Hang in there-it is tough but doable!

Yeah -- Since I've been doing the exact same thing for 7 days, that's the only reason I turned the audio off (I could hear her in my head without her talking). When I move up to the second level I will turn it on again. But I left it on last night and I found it was a little easier to follow. It's just nice to not have to listen to the same thing over and over again and have that option. Haha.

Thank you for the advice though :) I'm anxious to finish, but since I'm new to exercising in general (especially this hard), I'm doing the whole ten days before advancing.
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started Level 1, Day 1 (L1/D1) on June 28 and have taken a few rest days over the past 2 weeks. This morning was supposed to be be Level 2, Day 1 but I ran out of time before work to do it all and only got about 12 minutes in so I at least go to see what it was like. What I learned so far is Jillian makes up some weird, awkward exercises and so far L2 is definitely more difficult than L1.

I need to try L2 again when I'm not in a rush to learn the exercises...I stopped when I got to the skating move. I'm also not super coordinated so it takes me a bit of pausing to get the moves down. (Hoping I'm not alone here!) I was under some stress this morning and got really frustrated with L2 but I don't want to go back to L1; I really want to move on to see a difference.

Thoughts on Level 1: I was sore after L1/D1 but after a couple days not sore anymore. The first set of jumping jacks/jump rope always killed me, even on D10 and I was so out of breath (maybe because I'm a smoker?) that sometimes I really struggled with it. Did anyone else struggle with those?

Other exercises on L1 that she said she was "feeling" and were "so hard, isn't it BUDDY?", were not hard for me at all. (That buddy thing cracks me up!) I think I've read others say the same thing.

I got so used to L1 that I knew what was coming next and what she was going to say and I really enjoyed it. But this first try at L2 was not a good experience and I didn't even get through the whole workout, so I came here to get some kind words and motivation. Does L2 get easier and is L3 going to be even worse?
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi guys--I had planned to start Level 3 today, but Lion's Gate must have censored all of youtube b/c I can't find one flippin' copy. It was there the other night--I even bookmarked it after watching the whole thing. Oh well, that's what I get for being a cheapo and not buying the DVD. :laugh:

I ended up just doing another day of Level 2, got a terrible calf cramp doing pendulum lunges, and couldn't really finish b/c of the pain. Not my day. :ohwell:
    Thanks for the heads up, I guess I better also stop being cheap and go buy the $10 DVD at Walmart this weekend! I was lucky to find L1 and L2 online but I just searched and you're right, the only L3 I see is a 6 minute video which is obviously not the full workout. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome Feevil-on the last day of each level I watched the next level after my workout. That way I had at least had a look at what was coming. It still takes me the first few days to get into the form and then a few more days to make the form work. It was that way with all three levels for me. By the end of level 2 you will have forgotten your frustration in the beginning of it.

Pretty sure the smoking hampers your breathing but lots of things do. When I first started on this journey last November, 6 minutes on the elliptical made me think I was dying but I feel stronger everyday! I was a smoker too-years ago. If there is anyway you can stop, you will certainly be grateful you did. One mindset that helped me stop was that you don't truly ever quit, you just stop till the next time you light up-hopefully several years.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @feevil--I do the same as judy--I watch the next level before trying it. I also had trouble with form on some of the level 2 moves. I never could do the pendulum lunges and b/c my form was so bad, it was hurting my knee (due to an old injury). Ultimately, I ended up just doing forward lunges for the 1st set of hammer curls, and then I did backward lunges for the 2nd set. I found that much easier and I still did all of the same moves.

Oh, and I just quit smoking a few months ago (last week of March) after smoking for 30+ years. I've been running for 2 years and knew the smoking was hampering my VO2 max. It took a while to notice a difference in my breathing, but a week or so ago I really started to notice how much easier I can breathe while running. I used an electronic cigarette for about 4 weeks and then stopped using that as well. I also agree with judy that I must have the mind-set that I can smoke any time I want, but I just don't want to right now. I did have a couple of cigs a few weeks ago--was at the pool with a friend and found a sealed pack of cigs in my beach bag. They must have been there since last summer--and yes, I smoked a few. However, that didn't cause me to start smoking full-time again, and I live with a smoker so have access to cigarettes all the time.

Having said all of that, don't even bother trying to quit unless it's something YOU really want to do. I'd been thinking about quitting for years, but wanted to wait until I felt I had my food and exercise under control first. One day in March I woke up and decided to buy an e-cig instead of another pack of regular cigs--I believe it worked only b/c I was truly ready to quit.
  • Caroline11x
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP and just finished my 3rd day on level 2! Can't believe how much harder it is, my arms are killing me!!