The 40-Something Club

Options

Replies

• tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Today had a NSW! I jogged for the first time on the treadmill since I started my journey to great health! The goal for next week is to jog 4 min and walk 4 min for total of 28 min. I know I can do it! Have a great weekend everyone!

Good for you!!!! Keep up the good work!! Hope you have a good weekend too!!
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had a NSW too: one of my coworkers who had the lapband procedure done last year out of the blue said "looking good" and pointed to my belly. He and I were both about the same size, and I was determined to NOT have a procedure done to lose weight. This made my day :)

Nice!!! That had to feel really good!!!
  • Erinleigh13
    Erinleigh13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have lost about 75 pounds over the past 18 months or so. Need to lose about 5-10 more. Feel free to add me. I am here pretty much every day and happy to help.

that's amazing! great job!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I just recently turned 42, and it's been a long weight loss journey. When I was 39, at 213lbs, and completely miserable, I promised myself to lose 40 by 40. I didn't get to that goal, but I had a good start on it. I have lost that initial 40lbs, now I just need to lose that next 15 that would put me finally into the healthy BMI bracket.

I got to a point where I couldn't stand logging anymore, and I have been trying to eat intuitively and keep up the exercise. I've been doing a great job of maintaining and building my strength, but I'm not losing. So it's back to religiously logging again.
  • Erinleigh13
    Options
    8ericalynn wrote: »
    Hi again, so should we create a group? I notice a lot of the 40 something groups are not active

Sure! Am I able to do it and add everyone or just create and direct everyone to it from this post?
  • Erinleigh13
    Options
    ok I created The 40-Something Club group!! It's a public group so please join and we can continue our discussion there.
  • Erinleigh13
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Down 160 lbs so far, 50-60 lbs to go. Feel free to add me.

great job!! go join the group I just created-The 40 Something Club
  • akayek31
    akayek31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 43 this month. I went to the Dr 46 days ago and was the heaviest I have ever been at 307. As of today I weigh 287. I have lost 20 pds and want to lose 150. I want to do it 10 pds a month.
  • 8ericalynn
    8ericalynn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Erinleigh13!
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I turn 49 this year...meds to slow my heart down and keep it in a normal rhythm have added weight...I want to loose 30 to start with..dr and I will discuss more at that point! Currently fighting depression ...my mother passed away after a very brief hospital stay, I'm having a hard time with her passing. Hoping it eases as Mother's Day passes...anyone can add me
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Down 160 lbs so far, 50-60 lbs to go. Feel free to add me.

great job!! go join the group I just created-The 40 Something Club
    How do we join?
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Kristyai3 wrote: »
    I'm 45, have lost 60 lbs and would like to lose another 25.
    Wow!! 60 lbs lost. That's wonderful. You must feel awesome. I just turned 56 and have lost 20lbs in 60 days. I feel so much better. Off insulin and my blood pressure medication has been cut in half. Working on getting off that too. I have 40-50 more to lose( I think) will take one pound at a time and see how I feel. Would like to be friends.

• DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I've lost 40 lbs, my goal is to be able to tuck my shirt in and ave the "chubby" look. Feel free to add me, anyone for that matter.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I turn 49 this year...meds to slow my heart down and keep it in a normal rhythm have added weight...I want to loose 30 to start with..dr and I will discuss more at that point! Currently fighting depression ...my mother passed away after a very brief hospital stay, I'm having a hard time with her passing. Hoping it eases as Mother's Day passes...anyone can add me

Losing a parent is so hard. Be patient with yourself.

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 pushing 50. My goal is to lose 100 total, but I'm going very slow. Maybe losing 2 pounds a week. I have cut out the simple carbs,gave up Diet Pepsi after 35 years, and stopped eating out twice a day for breakfast and lunch. I am pushing myself to drink 128 Oz of water every ery day. Still trying to find motivation for cardio. Sore back and knees, I know that if I lose weight they will feel better.
    2lbs a week is great!!! I know, we all want more weight loss but it's important to be consistent and going at this rate helps us keep it off. Rapid weight loss usually doesn't stay off as it's often regained and then some. Add me if you like. I just turned 56(today
  • Jenkorp72
    Jenkorp72 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    43 years old and wanting to lose 70 more pounds. Would love to be added to anyone who needs a cheering section and would be willing to cheer me on as well!
  • callumzoe
    callumzoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and desperately need some support, the scales are going up not down! Need to lose minimum of 10 pounds but would like to lose 20.

• Karlyn85
    Karlyn85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 47, and need to lose 85 lbs. I want to lose the extra weight to be healthy, but also my daughter is getting married next summer (2016) and I am using that for motivation. In 2011 I lost 65 lbs, but gained it back and then some. It's been really hard getting motivated again! I'm hoping mfp will help. :)
  • japplayz
    japplayz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jus turned 40 & feeling fit :)
    0r6ntmh5th1a.jpg

• cKimiW
    cKimiW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 years old and I've been doing MFP on and off for 3 years. I've lost weight while I'm logging daily, but I get too busy (with too much work) or too lazy to keep logging in. I need to lose 20 - 30 lbs and would like to get motivation from others to help me on this journey.
    Please add me! I need all the motivation and support I can get! We can motivate each other!!!