The 40-Something Club

Options

Replies

• Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    cherirana wrote: »
    I'm 45 and started last June. It's been 11 months now and I have lost 115 lbs! I still have 45 to go, but definitely know I will get there in the next 6 months or so. Stick with it, you'll do great!

115?!?! That's *AWESOME*!!! I'd love to get there myself; we'll see what happens
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    About to turn 48 (OMG), lost 118 lbs six years ago and now work hard to maintain!! working on fitness and tone now but happier with myself than I ever have been... Feel free to add me anyone, I log everyday and am happy to give advice if needed... I will be honest though!!!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Its great to see so many 40 somethings on here! I am 41 with 2 kids. I lost 15 lbs and have been maintaining for over a year now. I love to cook and eat, so I have to make sure I enjoy my exercising too. I've been using a variety of Jillian's DVD's, but currently looking for a new exercise program to change things up a bit. Good luck to everyone on your fitness journey!
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It is pretty cool seeing all these other 40-somethings here working to take care of themselves.
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    About to turn 48 (OMG), lost 118 lbs six years ago and now work hard to maintain!! working on fitness and tone now but happier with myself than I ever have been... Feel free to add me anyone, I log everyday and am happy to give advice if needed... I will be honest though!!!

Wow! Great work. I'm feeling inspired.
  • lizarene3
    lizarene3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and need to lose 60 pounds. I started on MFP about 3 years ago and lost 35 pounds, then slacked and ended up gaining 33 of them back! I began counting again on Monday, am quitting the mountain dew, again, talk about headaches!, and have started walking, slowly on the treadmill. Anyone please feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on along the way to better health and smaller jeans! lol
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody; 43 yo guy here. I was disgusted with myself mid-January when I saw the scale reading 286#; no way I thought I had ever gotten that heavy. After 3.5 months, I'm down 30# and plan to keep this new "lifestyle" for the forseeable future. I'm not a gym rat, but instead count every calorie w/MFP, and treated myself to a Fitbit Charge a month ago. I wish you all well in your journey, and feel free to friend me b/c I have no friends yet!

Welcome Redbeard, are you the first chap in this thread?

Hmmm, am I? I don't mind... we're all in this together :smiley:

• swimminginseattle
    swimminginseattle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello 40 Somethings, it's great to see this thread flowing along.

I'm on week 2 now, first week was smashing good, 3 pounds dropped! This week has been a little trickier...had a huge, 4 day, headache, thus no getting to the pool. However I have been tracking and aside from lightly going over calories for one day I have been on track. So I am hopeful that I'll see results on the scale this week.

Cheers to, All!
  • LosingDebbie8
    LosingDebbie8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    49 here and would love to be at my goal weight by February when I hit the big 5 Oh. Who wants to be fat AND 50?!!!! Add me always looking for more friends on here :)
  • rhonda1984
    rhonda1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 49 have always struggled with my weight. Do the roller coaster thing. I need to loose about 10 lbs yet. I love to walk but yet don't do it alone. Trying to find a buddy is hard. Needing some motivation and support to get out and move and keep going. Have a wedding in June..................Let's do this!!!!
  • 8ericalynn
    8ericalynn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 45 and a mom of a 4.5 year old. I am heavier than I have ever been and in a stressful job. I would love to find a community here because without one I tend to track my food only every few days.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and my goals aren't really weight related. At least I don't think they are. I'd like to shed some body fat and increase muscle mass. I just discovered this community here a few weeks ago and I've been addicted to it ever since. I've met some pretty amazing people and am sure I'll meet more.
  • Erinleigh13
    Erinleigh13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    49 here and would love to be at my goal weight by February when I hit the big 5 Oh. Who wants to be fat AND 50?!!!! Add me always looking for more friends on here :)

haha that gave me a laugh because I say that to myself all the time!! you can do it! we can all do it together!
  • listens2books
    listens2books Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, have 100 to lose and I often work from home which can be a challenge. I used to be part of a group of telecommuters who made it a ritual during the work week to dance/exercise or just move for 30 minutes at an appointed time each day. It was great motivation!
  • CatherineD9889
    CatherineD9889 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Also in the fourty club. Meh how the hell did that happen? Yesterday I was 18 an d 105 now I'm 46 220 and thinking I'm in that movie where I'm in someone else's body.. But the horror film of where I am at is reality.

Pretty sure I've been starring in the same movie!
    Started MFP about three weeks ago and for the first time in my adult life (I'm 47) I actually LIKE exercising! Never knew it was possible!!
    Cut my calories too! Making this lifestyle change is the BEST decision I've made for myself in years!!!
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have lost about 75 pounds over the past 18 months or so. Need to lose about 5-10 more. Feel free to add me. I am here pretty much every day and happy to help.
  • squeaktooth
    squeaktooth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 41---....last night I dreamed I couldn't put my arms down at my sides bc of the fat puffs...I call them my pitginas and they make me sad...didn't realize I was vain until all this blubber started settling in...dorky and solitary in real life..
    Dunno how 'friending' people works here...but would love to see how others do it and cheer each other on as we shrink our bingo wings. PS am vegan. PS trying to look at this as a happy healthy thing...instead of beating self up for being fat lonely greying blah blah...eating for and as an act of joyfulness...hippy stuff...will you join me?
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Today had a NSW! I jogged for the first time on the treadmill since I started my journey to great health! The goal for next week is to jog 4 min and walk 4 min for total of 28 min. I know I can do it! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I had a NSW too: one of my coworkers who had the lapband procedure done last year out of the blue said "looking good" and pointed to my belly. He and I were both about the same size, and I was determined to NOT have a procedure done to lose weight. This made my day :)
  • 8ericalynn
    8ericalynn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi again, so should we create a group? I notice a lot of the 40 something groups are not active