I'm mearly a beggar...

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's not an obsession more so a standard. I thought by an allotted time. Two months I would at least lose 20 pounds. I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with shooting high. And it's a reasonable amount of time to lose weight. And I'm aware stress deters Weightloss. That's why I fought my depression. But not making any progress is very disheartening.

But you are - your clothes are fitting better. If you focus solely on the scale, you will be in for a bumpy ride - it fluctuates due to water and food weight by quite a bit. Starting/increasing exercise can increase it, TOM causes fluctuations, as does macro mix and the amount of sodium you ate before weighing. Its not fat and its just part of life.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    rockmama72 wrote: »
    It's not an obsession more so a standard. I thought by an allotted time. Two months I would at least lose 20 pounds. I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with shooting high. And it's a reasonable amount of time to lose weight.

Correct. Two months is a reasonable amount of time to lose weight, and you did. 12 pounds, which is more than the average person loses in two months.

I'm afraid the advice you will get here will not be what you want to hear.

12 pounds in two months, doing it the safe way for me, not getting sick, I'd be "happy dancing".
  • stephaniechukwu31
    stephaniechukwu31 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Okay. So to those willing to help. How much should I eat? How much should I exercise? I'm 5'5 180 ponds.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Put your goals and stats into mfp and it will tell you.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Okay. So to those willing to help. How much should I eat? How much should I exercise? I'm 5'5 180 ponds.

Plug your data in here for an estimate on calories.

Edited to include the darn link: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options

Start by entering your stats and activity level into the MFP calculator and see what it says.
  • stephaniechukwu31
    Options
    Progress is subjective. Fitting in my clothes (leggings and yoga pants) is not good enough for ME. It would of been better to get in my size 4 jeans. Yes. I am proud that I lost 12 pounds. But of course I would of liked to lose more.
  • stephaniechukwu31
    Options
    Okay I putted my information in MFP it says I should be eating 1860!? Jesus (sorry) That's a lot. So I burn about 1000 at the gym is that enough deficit? Should I continue to exercise for how much I am. I'm already use to it. I fear that if I reduce it I will lose my tenacity.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Progress is subjective. Fitting in my clothes (leggings and yoga pants) is not good enough for ME. It would of been better to get in my size 4 jeans. Yes. I am proud that I lost 12 pounds. But of course I would of liked to lose more.
    Well, of course we'd all like to click our fingers and immediately be at our goal weight, but it doesn't work like that.

I started at the same height and similar weight to you, mid-January. I'm down 23lbs and I'm delighted. I'm nearly back into my 'thin' clothes - another 5 lbs will do it, then I want to drop another 15 if I can. I accept that the closer I get to goal, the slower it will go.
    However, because I'm not doing silly restrictions, I can eat a balanced, satisfying diet, whilst losing. This means I don't feel deprived and need to binge and 'go off' my diet. It'll take as long as it takes, but every week I feel and look a little better.

Try to be patient. Good luck!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Okay I putted my information in MFP it says I should be eating 1860!? Jesus (sorry) That's a lot. So I burn about 1000 at the gym is that enough deficit? Should I continue to exercise for how much I am. I'm already use to it. I fear that if I reduce it I will lose my tenacity.
    What activity level did you put in? If Sedentary, then you should eat at least some of your exercise cals back. Also, how are you calculating your burn?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you've been doing to lose 12 pounds in 2 months. That's a safe rate of weight loss.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • stephaniechukwu31
    Options
    TUBBS! I want to be you!!! Oh! You! Please tell me what you did. No I no longer restrict myself. I eat what I like within reason. No candy chips, soda. But I have a freaking sandwich now. I'm not scared of bread anymore. Wow I'm so jealous. I would be in the 150's if I came her earlier!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Progress is progress. That it's not quick enough for you does not mean its progress.

Getting from A to B does not mean you have not made progress if you are nearer to B than you were. It just means that you are not at your destination.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1860 if set to sedentary should also eat back at least half of the cals burnt from exercise. If you put active then you can stay close to that.
  • stephaniechukwu31
    Options
    You're right at least I'm closer to my goal. And I understand that. Of course I'm going to be hard on myself. That's just how I am.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Do you know what your caloric intake was before you started the 1,000 calories a day and how long have you been at that level? Have you changed your activity levels or your workouts during that time?

How accurately are you logging? Do you weigh food?

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My stats are similar to yours, except I'm older. I'm 5'4" 175lbs. I've lost 40lbs. I've never eaten less than 1500 calorires per day to do it. I ride my bike or walk 2-4 times a week for between 20 minutes to an hour burning from 200-500 calories as measured by my heart rate moniter. I eat most, if not all my exercise calories.

Put your stats into MFP and see what it says. That's kind of the point of the site. Exercise as much as you like, but you need to fuel your body appropriately. So do your best to estimate your burned calories then eat at least 50% of those back.

You didn't gain the weight overnight and it will take time to lose it. You have been making progress. Celebrate that and have realistic expectations for further progress. If you lose slowly, you'll be more likely to develop good habits that will help you keep the weight off once you reach your goal.
  • stephaniechukwu31
    Options
    Gosh really?! I have to 1800 to lose weight? And if I burn off calories at the gym I have to eat half of that too. Some please help me understand. Obviously I'm ignorant (to some degree) I thought in order to lose weight you should have a deficit. In order to maintain weight you should eat exactly at your specific maintenance level.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    TUBBS! I want to be you!!! Oh! You! Please tell me what you did. No I no longer restrict myself. I eat what I like within reason. No candy chips, soda. But I have a freaking sandwich now. I'm not scared of bread anymore. Wow I'm so jealous. I would be in the 150's if I came her earlier!
    Haha! You're funny. You know what? I'm 47. I wish I'd come here when I was 20 and learned that silly restrictive fad diets were unsustainable and made me miserable.

These days I eat what I want, but a lot less of certain things. I lost a lot initially, but now it's slowed down but I'm not panicking about it. Trust the process - if you consistently eat less than your body burns, you will lose weight.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm 5, 5", started at 163 Lbs on Feb 16th (this year). Last time I weighed I was 154 Lbs. I have not weighed in close to 2 weeks and will not weigh until next month. Often I burn over 1000 a day, but eat back 1/2 if not less of those calories (to compensate for over estimated burns). But I am shrinking in size, more definition in my body and over all feeling of wellness. I'm 47 y/o (27 y/older than you) I am your height. I'm set at "sedentary". My "gross" calories are set to 1420/day. Good luck Op. Keep learning and you'll find your balance.