I'm mearly a beggar...

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I thought we were getting somewhere...

Same, I find this whole thing hard to follow. Perhaps we should abandon thread. :laugh:

• pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Trolllllll in the dungeon!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    honestly don't think there is anything wrong with shooting high.

Why yes there is. You will ruin your body. Permanent stable weight loss is based on persistence not effort. The harder you work now the less progress you will see.
    And it's a reasonable amount of time to lose weight.

Whose reason? You, a "mere" beggar with a king of a story to tell? You set up an unreasonable expectation and you are beating up your body for not going along with the program. Slow down and learn to listen to your body.

Increase your calorie intake to 1,200 calories a day, plus half your calories back from exercise.

Weigh your food.

Do not step on the scale for two months and take your waist measurement only once a week.

Reach your macros as set by MFP.

I suggest in Notes you track your mood (1-10) totally optimistic to totally discouraged to see if you can learn anything from your mood patterns.

During exercise rate your pain from 1-10 and if you go over 8, dial it back or stop.

This way you will have a body that will respond to your demands. But you will be a reasonable and kind owner of your body, K? K?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    You are in college! If you don't think you're getting the right advise double check what you hear! Your college library + Google are your friends!

Here are a couple of questions you may want to ask:
    How many dieters manage to keep off the weight that they lose?
    What % of the weight they lose do they keep off?
    Are there any lessons to be found from the experiences?

The answers may then lead you into thinking about the following issues:
    preservation of lean muscle mass
    management of adaptive thermogenesis
    regain of water weight and reverse dieting out of a deficit
    appropriate mix of diet and exercise and macros to eat
    ... and I am sure a heck of a lot more!

Good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PAV8888/view/interesting-links-updates-randomly-741046
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    No I'm going to lose 20 pounds by May 16th. Maybe even more. I'm going to eat 1860 and continue kicking *kitten* at the gym. And see where I get. I already look "good" but I still have fat deposits so now that I'm eating healthier. Eating enough. That fat should get lost.

Well, that's not a healthy mindset. So you goal for the next month is 5 lbs per week and you don't care what people think about that so basically you just want people to tell you how to do it. Well that's really not how it works around here. Those that don't find that to be a healthy approach will voice their opinion. And those that encourage you and advise you to basically starve yourself, because that's what its going to take, probably don't know what they are talking about anyway.
    I'm hoping she means 20lbs total weight loss (i.e. another 8 on top of what she's already lost).
    If not, I dunno. I thought we were getting somewhere...

If it is the latter, this is the second thread in as many days where the OP wants to lose 20lbs in four weeks...
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Gosh really?! I have to 1800 to lose weight? And if I burn off calories at the gym I have to eat half of that too. Some please help me understand. Obviously I'm ignorant (to some degree) I thought in order to lose weight you should have a deficit. In order to maintain weight you should eat exactly at your specific maintenance level.

1800 isn't your TDEE it's your calorie goal with a deficit. You set mfp (if using that method) to the level of your everyday activity, not including exercise. That number is your goal with the deficit, if you exercise and add the burn to mfp, you have a bigger deficit so eating excerise calories back keeps you at the original deficit.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I understand Sara and I will try and clarify. It was really inconsistent to be honest with you. I can't give you an exact range of how aggressive my workouts were. I was just starting out. I know that I did at least 20 mins of cardio every time I went. I also switched up cardio equipment because I learned that I can't always do my favorite exercise (or the easiest) because my body will remember it and I won't lose weight. I also did some strength training that day until I was tired. Yes this was in the time period I lost 12 pounds. I restricted many foods. Only vegetables and meat. Not even fruits because I was scared of sugar. Now I eat Greek yogurt, low sugar fruits like apples and oranges, chicken only and egg whites plenty of protein shakes. which I mix with water. And it's the healthiest version I can get. I eat while wheat bread, and pasta too. Because of all the cardio I need carbs. I pretty much eat the same thing everyday. Also beans I love beans so so much. I did measure my food but not with a scale but measuring cups.

No. That is simply not the case.

In reference to something you said in another post, measuring with cups or spoons is NOT the same as weighing. Weighing is something which involves a scale.

I think that your best course of action is to keep reading this site and to look through all of the sticky topics. You seem to have a lot of misconceptions about diet and exercise.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    No I'm going to lose 20 pounds by May 16th. Maybe even more. I'm going to eat 1860 and continue kicking *kitten* at the gym. And see where I get. I already look "good" but I still have fat deposits so now that I'm eating healthier. Eating enough. That fat should get lost.

Well, that's not a healthy mindset. So you goal for the next month is 5 lbs per week and you don't care what people think about that so basically you just want people to tell you how to do it. Well that's really not how it works around here. Those that don't find that to be a healthy approach will voice their opinion. And those that encourage you and advise you to basically starve yourself, because that's what its going to take, probably don't know what they are talking about anyway.
    I'm hoping she means 20lbs total weight loss (i.e. another 8 on top of what she's already lost).

Maybe she did mean 20 total so 8 more by May 18th. I guess she can clarify if she'd like to.

Her profile says she has lost 0 of 30 pounds, so the whole thing is quite unclear.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    My understanding was 20 in 2 months and it may have been a typo to say 20 in 1 month. Its possible but a bit aggressive considering the ops circumstances, knowledge of dieting, age, amount she has to lose etc. That would require the creation of a minimum 70,000 calorie deficit and your body to co operate.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Maybe she did mean 20 total so 8 more by May 18th. I guess she can clarify if she'd like to.

Her profile says she has lost 0 of 30 pounds, so the whole thing is quite unclear.

I'm sorry what was that? My old flabby skin was covering my eyes.

Seriously dude?

1. That was several days ago.
    2. This is an entirely different topic.
    3. I WASN'T ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT YOU.
    4. Get the heck over it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    I care more about the weight on the scale. Sorry I'm superficial. I don't like the idea of being 180 that's too high. It doesn't matter if I'm gaining muscle if there are still fat deposits around them. And I refuse to buy clothes that fit this body I have now. I want to get back to fitting in my old clothes. I also understand the calories in calories out idea. That's why I only ate 1000 calories. No matter what I've always had a deficit. Which I thought was the goal. What do you guys suggest. Also the reason I upset about losing 12 pounds. Is because everyone else on Pälëö or Atkins have lost way more than that. Even people on regular diets lose more than I did. I still think it was a failure. Even though I'm 12 pounds lighter sure. But I thought even atleast 20 would have been a win. They say you can lose 2 pounds a week safely. So atleast I should of lost 16. At least.

No they have not.

You have false expectations based on what you think other people are seeing.

This.
  • stephaniechukwu31
    stephaniechukwu31 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mmm. To all those asking. I went from 189 to 177. Now I'm 180. I didn't log it into MFP. I thought I was losing more weight than I actually did. And this is kind of a stupid reason. The weight scale at my gym I read it wrong. So that's why I logged it in incorrectly and thought I loss more than I actually did.

To those who have their panties in a wad. I can accept opinions but I will glady reject and ignore those who came here miserable and wanted to include negativism.

Thank you Sara.and everyone else who helped.

Also. I still don't understand the calorie. The 1800 doesn't include exercise so that means if I exercise I'll have to eat half of that back?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Mmm. To all those asking. I went from 189 to 177. Now I'm 180. I didn't log it into MFP. I thought I was losing more weight than I actually did. And this is kind of a stupid reason. The weight scale at my gym I read it wrong. So that's why I logged it in incorrectly and thought I loss more than I actually did.

To those who have their panties in a wad. I can accept opinions but I will glady reject and ignore those who came here miserable and wanted to include negativism.

Thank you Sara.and everyone else who helped.

Also. I still don't understand the calorie. The 1800 doesn't include exercise so that means if I exercise I'll have to eat half of that back?

You are getting conflicting methods here. Both are valid, but a slightly different way of looking at them.

My advice was to eat to a flat 1,800 calories, scale back on your exercise a bit and have a higher calorie day once a week of about 2,300 calories (as you mentioned you wanted a 'cheat' day). My recommendation was not to eat exercise calories back.
  • stephaniechukwu31
    stephaniechukwu31 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't see the question.
    Oh yes! I plan on losing 20 pounds in 4-5 weeks. Of course. I'm doing it the right way.

Yes it's sustainable its a lifetime commitment. That I'm already use too. I put that in my OP.

If I slow down maybe cut back an hour in exercise that will be when I'm at my goal weight.