WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2015

Options

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    memere101 wrote: »
    I got a Fitbit for Mother's Day, anyone want to add me as a friend. I can't figure out how to add people by their profile link. And so far all I use it for is counting my steps. Maybe I should actually try reading the online manual.

Anyway here is my profile link in case you want to friend me on Fitbit: https://www.fitbit.com/user/3F77VZ

Linda (Fredericksburg, VA)

If you click on someone's public URL and you're logged in, there's an "+Add friend" link at top left.

You can learn more (and find Fitbit friends) in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,074 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,

Went to an afternoon tea and historic fashion show where the setting was in an old barn. It was fun to learn the history of the fashions and the people who wore them.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    ah nooooo....remember just earlier I said that my husband was my voice of reason when we shopped????? Well, I bought a chocolate shaped cup with rich mouse' in it for my son, and they had the same cups with fruit in them. I got one for me. Looks to be a huge strawberry, a couple of marionberries, raspberries, some blueberries, and all in a chocolate cup like a coffee cup. I will only eat the fruit out of it, and give the cup to son. I was so HYPER in the bakery section, I was like, "husband get me out of here, I am getting so excited but anxious at the same time!"
    We bought ALOT of meals, so this month should be a grand one. I bought various items for me as well, which I tend to NOT do, and then get home and think, "wow not alot of stuff I wish to eat". Not this time.
    Tonight we are heading to a retro Video Arcade that we saw earlier this week in Astoria. Lots of arcade games we grew up with. Even has a Tartis to walk in! After husband said that he would take me out to dinner. I have allocated for some smoked salmon (4 oz to be exact) and I will just box up the rest of the dinner to have another day. I had a large salad with cucumbers, mushrooms, and some cottage cheese at lunch time, so all I will have is the protein. I get a little OCD with my meals but its so wonderful to be in control, that I start logging a raspberry for example....crazy.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    more calories to burn, gonna go ride to our free meal!!!
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I have been away from this board (and unfortunately not focusing on good eating and exercise) for months. I'm working on the eating and exercise and plan to check in here regularly again. I've always found this group to be supportive and so inspiring - I'm happy to be back!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Well... took my dog for a short walk. Its was hot out so I didn't want to take him too far. Then I went to the Greenhouse to buy some more plants... when I came back.. he had been in the pasture and found the cow poop!! what is it with dogs and manure (or dead things for that matter??) So he will get his first lesson of the summer.....BATH TIME!!!! I hope I survive this. :#
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    [Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Tere, glad the vacation did it’s job.

Yannie, I have a friend that is irked by wait staff asking if you want change. It doesn’t bother me actually because they usually ask before they even look to see how much was left. I do understand where you are coming from, it’s just not one of my buttons. (Thank goodness, cause there are plenty of others.)

Allison, so glad you had a fantastic visit with DGD. It sounds like fun, fun, fun!

Katla, I can’t imagine that you would prefer riding a horse to scrubbing scum off a boat?? What is wrong with you? Ya know, that really sounds like fun at our age!! Even if you are considerably younger.

Barbie, I’ll bet your poodles look marvelous.

Michele, glad there was more than the one option for Vince. I hope the increase meds does the trick. Bummer that the Y isn’t doing the yoga class any more.

Joyce, do you know what is causing the headaches? Have you had your eyes checked lately? I hope they go away pronto.

Jenandroxie, welcome. You will find this a very supportive group of ladies. Please tell us a bit about yourself and sign each post with the name you want us to call you.

Janet in NO, welcome to this great group of ladies. Come often and join right in and you will find lots of support.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Well I was up a little after 5:00 this morning to prepare for the Garage Sale. I don't like getting up early now that I'm retired and especially to have to start moving early. We had lots of traffic and a successful sale. It is just a lot of work to get ready for and a long day, but we did have beautiful weather. I'm going to bed early and think I'll sleep tonight. Last night I think I woke up every 45 minutes to look at the clock. I quickly read the posts so didn't respond to all of you, but know you are in my thoughts.

I send out wishes for each of you to have a fantastic day, full of fun, love and laughter. <3

Thought for the day:
    Always remember that your present
    situation is not your final destination.
    The best is yet to come.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday and mt rest and Re-feed day, cals at 1532.
    Did Wii boxing and JM's BR Cardio 1 for cardio and going for drive with the doggy
    The BeneFibre is doing its job and total weigh gouing DOWN still.
    Official weigh/BF%/tape tomorrow for Tom';s Big Burn, have lost almost a kilo in a week
    Rained overnight and just overcast now
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello all.Finally got 20 minutes of rain this eve.Humidity supposed to take a dive for a couple days.
    Scanned thru the posts. Funny,I like reading them,but not much good at responding. :/

Lesley,all good thoughts for your daughter.
    Alison,glad you had nice visits with family.
    DD leaves tomorrow for a long visit with her Sis & family in Fl.The sisters are close & they will enjoy every minute.They'lll spend a long wk end with her niece ( our Grdaughter ) in South Fl.

Been getting ready to box up most of what is in my sewing room. I no longer sew/quilt hours every day. Will keep my machine for now,but basically get rid of 90%.One of my faults is buying everything sold for whatever hobby I was doing. Meaning I had/have enough for a class of sewers.

Hope everyone has a nice wkend.I love Sunday & a rainy Sunday is a perfect day for reading the paper & doing whatever I want. Pat

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,767 Member
    Options
    Ok... The idea of holding hands ... Never mind kissing ... In the grocery store had DH and I in stitches! Thanks for a good laugh. We are obviously private people!

YannieJannie ... This week was a bust for my son. Intense migraine Tuesday through Friday. Better today.

Margaret ... You do the most interesting things.

Had frost two weeks ago ... Completely destroyed my grape vines. Hot today 82 ... Going to be a high of 50 tomorrow. Crazy weather.

So much yard damage from winter ... The chainsaw is now our "pruner."

May was a colossal failure for my goals. But yesterday and today I'm back on track. Tomorrow will be a challenge but have a plan.

Beth in WNY

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »

:) I read this article and found it helpful--it fits well with the book on CD that I just started this morning on my walk--"Year of No Sugar"

:) Annr, I have compulsively weighed and measured and logged food and exercise since February 2009 and the result has been that I lost the weight I wanted to lose and kept it off.....I have a friend who has lost over 100 pounds by weighing and measuring food even in restaurants and following a very strict eating plan.....someone said that "obsessed" is what the people who aren't successful call the ones who are.

:) Janet, it is hard to get up earlier than usual no matter what time you usually get up....I hope the success of the sale helped soothe the pain of the early awakening.

:) Jake has almost finished installing the rain barrel. I helped by going to Home Depot with him, staying out of his way while he worked, and making lunch.

:'( Something ate all the little seedlings that were coming up (birds, snails, slugs ????) so I put out Sluggo to see if that would help. Later Jake came in the house and told me that I shouldn't go out in the yard for the rest of the day----"why????" I asked him---"because," he said "there's a slug out there sobbing because your poisoned his mother" :'(

smiley-happy110.gif Don't forget to review your May goals and plan some goals for June. Be looking for the June thread about 6 PM Pacific Daylight Time tomorrow (May 31)

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Annr - what a wonderful DH you have, please tell him so!
    Pip - the smile of your photo is so alive, please say more about your MS ride, and yes, I, at least am jealous of your sweet DH. happy Bday!!
    Meg - Hugs, wishes for peace & good luck w/DD#1
    Georgia peach - sneaky Jonah looks a sweet one, saw my little dGD/9 mos yesterday, what a lovebug!
    Picked up some material at a yard sale last weekend and sewed up 2 scarves today. Dog walk/slow jogged 6.75 miles this morning (using the mapmyrun thing on my phone which gives delayed speeds and distance - this is an improvement) but going to keep considering a garmin.

Goals for next 30 days:
    Keep daily calories under 1200
    Avoid sugar & sodium

Linda in Calif
  • M3lodica
    M3lodica Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I read the first and the 47th pages of this thread. I did not read all of the other 45 pages in between. You ladies are very prolific.

I've had a MFP account for years and have had periods of time when I have been more and less dedicated, and more and less successful with my weight goals.

Currently I weigh 174.8 and am 5'6", 54 years old. The thing that has recently changed is my husband and I both got Fitbits. They have been very motivational for us. I also like how well they interface with MFP.

I don't know if I have done a good job with this first post, I hope I have.

Lisa
    Los Angeles, CA
  • pipcd34
    edited May 2015
    Options
    more calories burned. just got back from free food day!!
    Ride hm 2 josephina's- 12.11min, 13.3amph, 2.6mi = 140c
    ride josephina's 2 hm - 9.22min, 10.9amph, 1.7mi = 104c
    941cal updated

cory17 - this is a ride that my husband has been doing every year since i've known him, maybe even more (18years). i used to volunteer, now i ride with him. it's a 2day ride that is hard and hilly but very rewarding.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    we are riding home from having my free bday dinner and we are on the last stretch home, and i am jammin going up hill and it's a thing of beauty seeing my husband just blow my a** and fly right by me!! i love riding with him!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone! We had a very successful moving sale. Now we have to decide if we donate the rest of the stuff to the church or have a sale at our new house. It depends on the church if they have a place to store it until the end of July. Now we are going to pack up the house. I want everything done ASAP so we can have an easy move.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Awesome fanncy!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did about 45 minutes of Stephanie Huckabees DVD. Will do some more tomorrow (mostly the cardio part)

Mary from MN - congrats on the sale going so well. Hope it continues

Lillian - don't forget your bathing suit! After you trim the lawn, we'll go swimming (or into the spa, whatever we decide to do)

Joyce - I, too, thought katla was her name!

CynthiaT - what a great thing you do logging at the cemetery. Moving one? Seems bizzare to me. But you're probably right, if the church can get money for the land, they are probably going to do it.

Jessica and Colby came here late last night. She had an appt with the vet here for her cat and we're going to take Loki just to get his phenobarb level taken. Update: they just did the routine bloodwork since he was due for it. We decreased his dosage of pheno and he hasn't had any seizures since introducing the other med, so the vet wasn't concerned.
    Lisa - what a georgeous photo!

Jen - welcome! This is THE place to be. Happy early/late birthday (whichever it is)

pip - does your hubby have any relatives???? Great for you raising that much money for MS. congrats on getting that shirt! Enjoy your meal

Becca
    - you and hubby must look so sweet down the grocery aisles

JanetMc welcome! You've come to a great place

yanniejannie - thanks so much for the tip about the helioplex.

meg - here's hoping your hubby feels better fast. Yup, Vince talked about MAYBE exercising....but right now he's sleeping on the sofa in the sunroom, so you can see where that's heading.

Vicki
    - I know after elections, the candidates have a few days and all their signs have to be down. I have seen a few, but they were on private property. But if they aren't on private property (like at an intersection) they need to be down in like a week or less even.

Carol/peach
    - Jonah is sooo cute, love those blue eyes

Linda in VA
    - I hear ya, when Vince is sick, you would think the world was coming to an end. He moans and groans around the house. If I get sick, well, I have to be REAL sick, the laundry still needs to be done, the house still needs to be cleaned, the groceries still need to be bought, etc, etc. Hope you're better fast

ohiomomof2 - welcome back!

Lisa - welcome!

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Exterminate- he has a half bro in Indiana I think his wife cheated on him so he might b separated. Even knowing that, he's not nearly as cool or as good looking as kirby