WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2015

Options
1676869707173»

Replies

• lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »
    Well, just found out that the scoundrel is married! Insert favorite curse word here.

That is just lousey..... I'm sorry it ended up this way. What is it with people these days?
    Sondre

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good evening Ladies...
    Thought I would check in before the end of the month. I've been keeping up but just not posting, I'm battling a case of the "blues" and haven't been too social lately. This is nothing new, for me it is the normal ebb and flow of life and I do my best to work through it. Keeping up with all of you has helped keep me on track and turn to exercise instead of food to self medicate.

Last weekend was the wedding I was attending on "The Cape" and I was able to spend 4 days there. I used to spend every weekend there because I co-owed a house with a family member and just loved it. Unfortunately this family member conspired to force me to give up my interest in the house. I lost a family relationship and my beloved excape at the same time and was pretty devastated. Fortunately I remained friends with the neighbors and 1 of them offered me their house to stay in while I was there for the wedding (they were not going to be using it). It was so nice to be back enjoying the things I was so familiar with, although a bit bittersweet. The wedding was beautiful and I enjoyed it very much. I will take a moment to be vain and tell you that I looked damn good! Unfortunately there are no pictures because all the cameras were on the stunning bride.

I gained 2-1/2 lbs. and am working very hard to take it off. Because I was in a house I took food down to cook, so I only ate out a few times. I did a lot of walking but also did a lot of drinking. I hope to be at a loss again in a couple of weeks. It will take me 2 days to put on 2-3 lbs. if I don't eat well at every single meal and then 2-3 weeks before I get it off and begin losing that 1/2 lbs./ week again. But it was a great mini vacation and my clothes still fit so it was all worth it.

We are getting some much needed rain today and it is very gloomy which isn't helping my mental state. I imagine it's similar to the weather Heather has in the UK.

Must get some sleep...good night all.
    Chris in rainy, cold, gloomy MA
  • lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Sondre: Welcome

Make it a good one❤️

Linda (Fredericksburg , VA)

[/quote]

Linda. Thanks! This group is quite nice. It's enjoyable getting to know a bit about each of you.
    Sondre
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Carol, what a jerk! I hope his you-know-what rots off! You are too nice to be tricked like that. I hope his wife finds out what he's doing.

Ok, so today I spent several hours at the studio, sitting in the office drafting. I was listening to it rain outside, which was so peaceful and relaxing. It was almost like music. I was just glad I got inside before it started raining. Well, I don't have a window in my office, so about 4:00 I got up to leave and found out it wasn't raining at all! The toilet was running. :D I figure I wasted about a days worth of water for those of you in California. I'm sorry. :'(

Good night everyone. See you in June!

Sylvia
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Well, shucky darn, Carol, Yes, that is my favorite curse word.

There are some good, single guys out there. Don't let this discourage you.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy110.gif Here is the link to the new thread for June....I hope I will see all of you there, ready to continue on this journey.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176358/women-ages-50-for-june-2015#latest

• fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

smiley-happy110.gif Here is the link to the new thread for June....I hope I will see all of you there, ready to continue on this journey.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176358/women-ages-50-for-june-2015#latest