WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2015

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    :) Terri, maybe you set your sights too low....what about mourning on a round the world tour?

:) Lesley, the news sounds positive and hopeful for your daughter.

:) Sondre, I highly recommend a step counter....it is very motivating.....mine has encouraged me to be more e spinach enchilada (no rice and beans) with a side of pico de gallo.....I ate some chips and salsa but with such a small entrée, it was a very sensible meal and Jake was happy to go out.

:) There were two new students in my line dance class this morning.....they said they'd be back....I was surprised how big the class was on such a beautiful day.

:) The frisky poodles went to the groomer today and they look extra beautiful.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    21,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking in beautiful spring weather
    two hour line dance class

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr deep water. Tomorrow's plan is to do some DVD's of Stephanie Huxabee's. for about an hour.

Went to the Humane Society and dropped off my aluminum, then dropped off my coupons for them, then to Bi-Lo for items on sale that I had coupons for, then took the deep water class. After class was talking to the gal about exercises I can do in the shallow end. I didn't realize that most of the exercises that we do in the deep end can be done in the shallow end, too. Then stopped at the Salvation Army, but they didn't have anything nice.

Meg - as I recall when Jessica was in college, I had to buy her special sheets

Janet - I agreee, you can't really have too many signs for a garage sale. The thing that irks me is when there is a sign, but its past the date for the sale. Just take all those signs down in a timely fashion,

Joyce - I would say that no more marks is definitely an NSV! So sorry about the headaches

Kim - great system for getting a new vehicle

Sharon
    - good news on the ovaries and esophagus. Good thoughts being sent your way for the CT scan

tere - good luck with your business

lhannon
    - what a great exercise routine you have there

Went in the pool then vacuumed out the spa. Just came back from the cardiologist. Basically, Vince has three options, increase the Propathenone that he's taking now, change to a different medication, or have the ablation. For right now, he's opted to increase the Propatheonone. We shall see how that goes. He'll be on the max dosage that a person can take. I went with him because we're supposed to go to a Hickory Crawdads baseball game with the Newcomers and we didn't know what time he was going to get out of the doctor's. I already have my sandwich prepared, my carrots and tomatoes, and I'm bringing an apple and cherries with me. Not that you're supposed to bring your own food, mind you. But I have my pocketbook that's a mini-suitcase that I'm going to take. I know that they'll have bottles of water there and I'll take some extras for during the game.

annr (it's Becca, or am I wrong?) - great idea about the survey. Would really help to personalize those baskets. I was right -- it IS Becca. Where did the annr come from?

Read this in *Prevention* magazine: "Skip your workout for 5 days and your blood vessel function decreases significantly. That change alone can increase your risk of high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease".

As we were coming home from the cardiologist, Vince said "I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe I should start exercising". He's the person who is waiting for a "Vitamine E" Now will he do it? That remains to be seen

Lillian - thanks for the explanation of "black bones". Never heard of it referred to like that. Would you care to trim my lawn? Actually, Vince said that if the weather is OK, we'll probably cut the grass Sunday after Jessica leaves.

Went to the ball game tonight with the Newcomers. It was nice, at least the rain held out. Then they had fireworks. But I do have to say that the food didn't entice me one bit, I was SOOO glad I'd brought my own.

Found out that the Y discontinued the yoga clas that I usually took on Wednesday mornings. Seems that for two weeks they only had 3 people so they cancelled the class. Glad I found out about it because I was planning to go to yoga this Wednesday. Looks like any yoga I do I'm going to have to do at home.

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Day 2 of sale done! Hopefully tomorrow will be great. We don't want to bring any more than we have to. We started packing up the house. 5 weeks then we will be in our new house.

Pip- my DH bought me a street strider do you know of anyone that uses one? I get it in a week. Now that we will be right on the biking trail I thought it looked like a fun thing to ride.

I will be able to ride the trail 13 miles right to my DSIL's back door. She is also right on the trail. Google maps says it will take an hour. I am looking forward to doing that. Hopefully I won't run into any bears!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Michele - sure I will trim your lawn! Be down in the morning, put the coffee on ...lol ...that would be so cool.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @exermom Annr is just a made up name...when I used to play online games. Kind of stands for AANR which is the initals for American Association for Nude Recreation. hahaha... but aanr didn't really make sense. My name is Rebecca but I go by Becca. Ohh husband found a Nudist resort in Hillsboro about 1.5hrs from us! Out in the middle of nowhere, but sad thing is we need a bigger car if we are going to camp there. Even though I DONT have to bring much clotheswise, tent and accessories won't fit in our small Chevy Spark!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Mary - what is a street strider and where can you use it & how does it compare w/calories used with other types of exercising?

Katla - The boat fender you are scrubbing - will you be going out in it eventually? fishing?

My dsil was showing his mapmyrun app on phone and am going to try downloading to see if this would work for me. Was thinking of buying one of the garmin watches to give time, splits for roadwork. Anyone have advice?

Linda in Calif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Kim, I think we all have decided not to go to the amusement park this year. Oldest grand daughter will totally understand since she has such a busy summer, my daughter and hubbie will to. It's the 8 year old that will miss it. But this year she will have her first year at church camp and they have a large swimming pool that will be used daily. She's our wild child. We will do something fun here in Evansville for the joint birthday and we won't be out in the blazing sun all day in swim suits. You are quite the expert on car buying, have it down to a science. I used to have a co-worker that had a 9 year old daughter that would do that. One time she went to the mall and would walk back and forth between two jewelry stores bargaining on a piece of jewelry. She just kept on saying the other store was going to bring the price down X amount for her and would they beat that price.

Cynthia, move a cemetary????? Preposperous! I hope they are treating it with the most reverent attitude that they can and am moving headstone and everything. How would they feel if one of their relatives was buried there????

Katla, I am crushed. For two years now I have thought that I had a friend named Katla. Now I find out it's just a made up name!!!! :)<3 LOL

Janet and Mary, one time we actually cleaned out our 1 car garage and held a garage sale in the garage. It was so much better not to have to get up before the chickens and set it up, tables, clothes, etc. At the end of the day you just close the door and open it up the next day.

Terri Milwaukee, my CPAP goes in my nose only and has a strap for the top of my head and chin. The strap goes on very easy when I get up in the night for the potty. Now my sister has one that just about covers her whole face. It's looks awful.

Lisa, my husband sweats but it isn't like 'honey dripping off a hive'. He sweats!!!

Sylvia, days like that with the grand kids are to be treasured.

lillian, you explained black bones very well. That was pretty much what my Mom's back was for the last couple of years of her life.

Have a headache again tonight. I didn't have one until I watched Mr. Hollands opus. The end was so emotional and I cried. With that emotion, I feel like my Blood Pressure is way up and my head is about to explode. Then I went in the kitchen and filled the litter box so my head was bent down a lot. It's better after 2 Aleves. Such a wonderful movie. I hate to take it off my DVR. I have several shows that I keep just because they are so good. Speaking of husband, at supper tonight he said that he feels so spaced out. Now he did take a walk along the river in the heat and came home really sweating. He tries to walk 2 miles a day. I usually remind him to get his big glass of water after he walks but I forgot. I worry about that man. I think making the decision not to go to the amusement park is wise, if for no other reason it isn't safe for him. He will not accept that he will need a scooter when we go to Disney World next year. Of course when we see his neurologist and he gets a change in his Parkinson's medicine he may not be like this next year. I think one thing is that this ulcerative colitis has made him not care that much about life anymore.

Well nighty night girls, Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Linda - a street strider is an elliptical bike. It is just like an elliptical machine you use at the gym. Google streetstrider. com and it gives you information on calorie burn. It is suppose to burn 50% more calories then riding a bike.

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    morning kids~
    well I am up and dressed.. I have just been horrible eating and exercising.. im sure if I stepped on the scale I would have gained 30- of the 50 I lost.. have to get a grip and get back with the program.. alot of my clothes are very snug.. I am ashamed of myself..
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Joyce: is that the name of the movie you watched?

Yes, I think moving a cemetery is a bizarre idea. The church probably did it for the money they could get from selling the (little bit of) land. It disturbs me, though, especially when I come across a grave with a lit candle (someone had been there that day) or with the inscription "Papa's well-deserved rest" etc.

Getting back to logging after being sick.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Grandmaille - "get a grip and get back with program" ..... you can do it. We are here to help you.

Cynthia - glad you are feeling better. It really sucks to be sick....routines just get so thrown out the window!!

DH says he is going to get the boat out and get it ready to go. Good... he needs to go fishing!! Take his boys with him...

Well what to do today? Oh yeah... finish trimming my own lawn... Sorry Michele in NC ..I will have to come down another day. And plant my pots that sit around the firepit area.

Later everyone
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Ack! Just peeing down rain outside this morning, and supposed to for the next few hours... and we really do need to get into town this morning if possible. DH has some welding stuff he needs to pick up for the ranch, and I want to see if my second book's final proof is in at the post office. About a 50-50 chance, unless it was coming through Dallas or Houston, as everything's delayed coming through there right now...

We just have to get past the first little draw... a usually dry creek bed... and we'll be fine to get off the ranch, as his ranch truck is a four-wheel drive. Which is a good thing. The caliche soil here varies from slick when wet to much like driving on snot... but he's an amazing driver, and I've learned to just clutch the oh-crap bar and shut up.

The rain is supposed to be done by noon, and we won't be back 'til after that. The water levels drop literally ten minutes after the rain stops falling from the sky, and within an hour after, the roads are almost dry. Such an amazing place to live... I marvel daily. This little dude showed up this winter... still trying to figure out what he is. Happy rest of your weekend folks, I'm going to go put a baseball cap on. The hair just goes all dandelion puffball in the rain anyway, so I don't even try anymore...

xthhbj11xx9q.jpg
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing.

Carol/GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hallo folks!

Lisa - did you take that photo? Very impressed!

Just woken up from a nap. Needed it. Still feel a bit light headed. The journey home took six hours and the traiins were all messed up at Waterloo because of a trackside fire. Guess what ii did? I had some sushi! ! ! ! ! ! Then I caught the first train I could find thst went anywhere nearby me and got a taxi the rest of the way.
    Yesterday's trip out to Fairfax House in York was very good. We trudged there in the rain and my friend thought she had lost her purse (she later found it) , but once there we had a grest time as hardly anyone had made it and we had the place to ourselves. Each volunteer guide in every room gave us their personal attention, so we had a very sociable time. I ended up giving the guides a lecture on Georgian hygiene! ! ! :laugh:
    Our last meal together went well and I had delicious halibut.

This morning I did my whole exercise routine, despite feeling a bit dizzy. I suspect it's a reaction to the alcohol I had or maybe I'm getting DH'S horrible cold. It is bothering him much more than the op site is. Poor lad! :cry: He went out this pm for a short walk, feeling sorry for himself. I am going to drive him to cricket tomorrow.
    I did some shopping this morning to restock fruit etc. Tonight I'm just heating up a chilli I froze and having it with roasted butternut squash and green veg. Don't feel like cooking.

It's good to be back in the old routine. Want to get writing again. I'm writing about a lodger we had when I was about 6. Strange woman who "adopted" our family.

Kim - you said you had some questions. You are very welcome to message me with them. <3 If you liked it enough to give me a good review, please do. :flowerforyou:

Off to make a cup of tea and read the paper.
    Love Heather UK
  • JenforHealth
    JenforHealth Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not sure where to post here. Jen in my beautiful home of Santa Fe NM.
    Goals for June--log, eat correctly, lose weight! It is my birthday month and not where I want to be wt wise but I have started!!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Heather in the UK - I did take the photo... he was kind enough to sit still outside my office window long enough for me to snag the camera. And to you and Carol, glad you liked it!. B)

Lisa from West Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    starting the day late. normally i would be at the gym already, oh yeah, morning peeps-
    bullwinkle has a doc appointment at 9:15 to get her thyroid meds evaluated and to see how she's doing and see if it needs to be adjusted. so i'll go there first, come home drop her off then go to the gym. it might get warm and i don't want the dogs in the car during this time of year when it will get too got for them. poor girl now has hot spots so she has a cone on so she can stop licking them. wow, i tell you, don't get old.

damnit, exermom or fancy asked me how i get my husband to go to the store with me. i don't, we just do stuff together. this morning he went to work, ALWAYS pours me a cup of coffee so i can pop it in the microwave and heat it up. has done this for me every day since we've been together. i won't get you ladies jealous but man this guy's a saint!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    oh UPDATE!! i am up to 470.00 raised for my MS Ride!!!!!!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just marking my place. Have 250 posts to catch up on.Watching golf today,the Irish Open.Lots of hills,valleys etc.Unlike the carpet courses we are used to :)