Options

Replies

• portugaline
    portugaline Posts: 95 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I'm still confused as to whether my carbs are right or wrong.

read and tell me where i told they where bad, you must remember.

No, no, it's fats that could be good or bad. Carbs, according to you, are right or wrong. See? Right there:
    Everyone is different, i get lean as hell and almost never drop bellow 300 grams carbs per day, but i try to avoid bad fats, and my carbs are all complex carbs, fiber i have a lot, and in every meal. But i don't cut carbs at night, the right carbs make me burn more fat and fell better, i fell great on diet. the wrong carbs i get fat as hell in weeks

yes, eating complex carbs and simple carbs is different for the body.

you can say what you want, but do you really believe that eating 2 cookies or 1 cup of oatmeal with some real food even if they have the same calories is the same for your body? your body digests and uses in the same exact way?

you have been asking me questions and making fun of my answer when i never asked nothing to you, please explain to me what is wrong with my words? back up your fun.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

carbs are so right. and left. of the protein.

I figure the right ones are the ones you find delicious. Kind of similar to how the Southern Right Whale got its name - it was the right whale to catch (true story), not that I am advocating catching whales. Completely against it.
  • portugaline
    Options

I figure the right ones are the ones you find delicious. Kind of similar to how the Southern Right Whale got its name - it was the right whale to catch (true story), not that I am advocating catching whales. Completely against it.

you have nothing to say just want to make fun of someone.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    This is nuts!
  • portugaline
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    if all the fat is equal,
    if all carbs are equal,
    if all fiber is equal,
    if all protein is equal.

you know better than me i have nothing to say

Equal in what way?

there are different type of carbs, fats, protein and even fiber...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

No, I've finally conceded that discussing this with you any further is utterly futile.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.

That's far from what you've been saying.

THIS IS THE 1ST THING I WROTE. I DONT SEE WHEN I SAID TO EAT JUNK, I SAID EXACLY TO OTHER THING, EAT RIGHT, FIBERS COMPLEX CARBS, GOOD FATS.. I DIDNT TALK ABOUT A SINGLE JUNK FOOD

Many people here keep just counting calories, people you don't even know for sure How many calories you burn, you can estimate but will never know.

And a calorie is not just a calorie, protein, different carbs, fat, fiber all changes the way you gain or lose weight.

1st you need to remember that fiber is counted as 4 calories, and your body cannot use most of fiber....

2nd there are hormones in our body, and the most important to "control" to lose weight is insulin..
    If you eat carbs, especially sugars, you will get an alarm inside your body to produce insulin, insulin will then be present in your body for some hours and the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT.

Thats why most people cut down they carbs and get good results, but people remember there are complex carbs like oatmeal, that have one king of fiber that can control your insulin levels during hours, so try to go to complex carbs, and you should even lose more weight. About calories, your body needs energy to burn more energy, it means the more you can eat and stay lean, the fastest will be you metabolism and you can eat more and lose more weight.

Count your calories but always remember from where they come from..

I agree man. I think the disagreement is with the peeps here - they believe you can eat white rice all day and lose FAT - you might lose WEIGHT, but WEIGHT loss != FAT loss. It's a lot more muscle.

Why didn't the schmo who lost weight with a Twinkie diet report his DEXA scan? Hmmm? Possibly because he knew (and admitted as such in interviews) that what he did was not nutritionally sound at all - even if he lost "weight".

That's the point - you can't outrun a bad diet. Maybe you can before the age of 40, good luck after it. Life begins at 40. I know.
  • portugaline
    Options

No, I've finally conceded that discussing this with you any further is utterly futile.

never was discussing with you because you never had a single point, you just started to create your little war with me because you know everything, strange is that you don't say anything usefully.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.

THIS IS THE 1ST THING I WROTE. I DONT SEE WHEN I SAID TO EAT JUNK, I SAID EXACLY TO OTHER THING, EAT RIGHT, FIBERS COMPLEX CARBS, GOOD FATS.. I DIDNT TALK ABOUT A SINGLE JUNK FOOD

Many people here keep just counting calories, people you don't even know for sure How many calories you burn, you can estimate but will never know.

And a calorie is not just a calorie, protein, different carbs, fat, fiber all changes the way you gain or lose weight.

1st you need to remember that fiber is counted as 4 calories, and your body cannot use most of fiber....

2nd there are hormones in our body, and the most important to "control" to lose weight is insulin..
    If you eat carbs, especially sugars, you will get an alarm inside your body to produce insulin, insulin will then be present in your body for some hours and the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT.

Thats why most people cut down they carbs and get good results, but people remember there are complex carbs like oatmeal, that have one king of fiber that can control your insulin levels during hours, so try to go to complex carbs, and you should even lose more weight. About calories, your body needs energy to burn more energy, it means the more you can eat and stay lean, the fastest will be you metabolism and you can eat more and lose more weight.

I agree man. I think the disagreement is with the peeps here - they believe you can eat white rice all day and lose FAT - you might lose WEIGHT, but WEIGHT loss != FAT loss. It's a lot more muscle.

Why didn't the schmo who lost weight with a Twinkie diet report his DEXA scan? Hmmm? Possibly because he knew (and admitted as such in interviews) that what he did was not nutritionally sound at all - even if he lost "weight".

That's the point - you can't outrun a bad diet. Maybe you can before the age of 40, good luck after it. Life begins at 40. I know.

Wait, who said to eat white rice all day. Please go back and point out the person that said that.
  • portugaline
    Options

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR WORDS

i posted this trying to keep people to think of good diet and not just hitting their calories numbers.

thanks for your words and taking the time to read what i posted and not attack me
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Options

Wait, who said to eat white rice all day. Please go back and point out the person that said that.

Y'all are implying it in your arguments. I am serious. It's a joke. You can't walk that fine line with a diet. You can't outrun a bad diet. Some people can't even touch sweets due to being diabetic. If they followed your advice, they would be dead. Period.
  • adamitri
    Options

i posted this trying to keep people to think of good diet and not just hitting their calories numbers.

thanks for your words and taking the time to read what i posted and not attack me

Disagreement with what you're writing is attacking again? Really?
  • portugaline
    Options

no one said that rice example, but when someone says that all it counts is calories in and out, so they are saying if you eat all your calories from rice is fine to lose weight and is not.

was just an example
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    wesaud wrote: »
    I agree the the OP. I dropped 30 pounds last fall with this same approach. I did no carbs after 2pm. The only carbs I would allow were dark leafy, kale, chard, greens, and Brussel sprouts. The results I gathered came from the reduction of insulin spikes caused by the carbs and their conversion to glucose. In a carb depleted state my body would use fat stores as energy. It worked for my body, glad to he someone else preaching it worked for them.

LOL, why don't you run a little experiment on yourself. Eat no carbs after two pm, but eat in a 500 per day calorie surplus, and report back with what happens. I will go with 100% certainty that you gain weight.

If they ate enough protein, their metabolism would increase due to the use of calories to digest it. I would bet that 500 is achievable for anyone under the age of 40 if they ate a very sound diet devoid of added sugars.
  • adamitri
    Options

Y'all are implying it in your arguments. I am serious. It's a joke. You can't walk that fine line with a diet. You can't outrun a bad diet. Some people can't even touch sweets due to being diabetic. If they followed your advice, they would be dead. Period.

Who is implying anything other than what is actually true. And not all diabetics have to avoid sweets but keep going with your assumptions. You know when you assume stuff right. I agree you can't out run a bad diet but I'm not about bow down to restrictive diets that most new people won't be able to follow and bow out. You know what. MODERATION is what people are preaching, MODERATION. Excluding medical issues you can eat what you want and lose weight Now if you're only concerned with nutrition eat your restrictive diets.
  • portugaline
    Options

Disagreement with what you're writing is attacking again? Really?

no, but saying that im stupid because of steroids, from people that don't even know me is.

posting pictures and talking about my conversation referring to *kitten* is.

read the posts, see what people have been saying, and check that i never had any problem answering anyone.

• adamitri
    Options

no one said that rice example, but when someone says that all it counts is calories in and out, so they are saying if you eat all your calories from rice is fine to lose weight and is not.

was just an example

Because it's true, a calorie is a calorie plain in simple. But you want to get into nutritional values of those calories and that is different than what you're saying.
  • portugaline
    Options
    if all the fat is equal,
    if all carbs are equal,
    if all fiber is equal,
    if all protein is equal.

you know better than me i have nothing to say

Equal in what way?

there are different type of carbs, fats, protein and even fiber...

Yes there are different types of fsts, carbs and fiber, what's the point?

When you say different kinds of protein what to do you mean?

Like carbs, there are different sources/kinds of proteins, this difference is not only in theirs amino acids, but also in the time it takes to get to your blood stream "when your body can use them" some proteins are not even very usable for the body.
This discussion has been closed.