Replies

• portugaline
    portugaline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.

That's far from what you've been saying.

THIS IS THE 1ST THING I WROTE. I DONT SEE WHEN I SAID TO EAT JUNK, I SAID EXACLY TO OTHER THING, EAT RIGHT, FIBERS COMPLEX CARBS, GOOD FATS.. I DIDNT TALK ABOUT A SINGLE JUNK FOOD

Many people here keep just counting calories, people you don't even know for sure How many calories you burn, you can estimate but will never know.

And a calorie is not just a calorie, protein, different carbs, fat, fiber all changes the way you gain or lose weight.

1st you need to remember that fiber is counted as 4 calories, and your body cannot use most of fiber....

2nd there are hormones in our body, and the most important to "control" to lose weight is insulin..
    If you eat carbs, especially sugars, you will get an alarm inside your body to produce insulin, insulin will then be present in your body for some hours and the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT.

Thats why most people cut down they carbs and get good results, but people remember there are complex carbs like oatmeal, that have one king of fiber that can control your insulin levels during hours, so try to go to complex carbs, and you should even lose more weight. About calories, your body needs energy to burn more energy, it means the more you can eat and stay lean, the fastest will be you metabolism and you can eat more and lose more weight.

Count your calories but always remember from where they come from..

I agree man. I think the disagreement is with the peeps here - they believe you can eat white rice all day and lose FAT - you might lose WEIGHT, but WEIGHT loss != FAT loss. It's a lot more muscle.

Why didn't the schmo who lost weight with a Twinkie diet report his DEXA scan? Hmmm? Possibly because he knew (and admitted as such in interviews) that what he did was not nutritionally sound at all - even if he lost "weight".

That's the point - you can't outrun a bad diet. Maybe you can before the age of 40, good luck after it. Life begins at 40. I know.

Wait, who said to eat white rice all day. Please go back and point out the person that said that.

no one said that rice example, but when someone says that all it counts is calories in and out, so they are saying if you eat all your calories from rice is fine to lose weight and is not.

was just an example

Because it's true, a calorie is a calorie plain in simple. But you want to get into nutritional values of those calories and that is different than what you're saying.

no losing weight and fat is different
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.

THIS IS THE 1ST THING I WROTE. I DONT SEE WHEN I SAID TO EAT JUNK, I SAID EXACLY TO OTHER THING, EAT RIGHT, FIBERS COMPLEX CARBS, GOOD FATS.. I DIDNT TALK ABOUT A SINGLE JUNK FOOD

Many people here keep just counting calories, people you don't even know for sure How many calories you burn, you can estimate but will never know.

And a calorie is not just a calorie, protein, different carbs, fat, fiber all changes the way you gain or lose weight.

1st you need to remember that fiber is counted as 4 calories, and your body cannot use most of fiber....

2nd there are hormones in our body, and the most important to "control" to lose weight is insulin..
    If you eat carbs, especially sugars, you will get an alarm inside your body to produce insulin, insulin will then be present in your body for some hours and the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT.

Thats why most people cut down they carbs and get good results, but people remember there are complex carbs like oatmeal, that have one king of fiber that can control your insulin levels during hours, so try to go to complex carbs, and you should even lose more weight. About calories, your body needs energy to burn more energy, it means the more you can eat and stay lean, the fastest will be you metabolism and you can eat more and lose more weight.

I agree man. I think the disagreement is with the peeps here - they believe you can eat white rice all day and lose FAT - you might lose WEIGHT, but WEIGHT loss != FAT loss. It's a lot more muscle.

Why didn't the schmo who lost weight with a Twinkie diet report his DEXA scan? Hmmm? Possibly because he knew (and admitted as such in interviews) that what he did was not nutritionally sound at all - even if he lost "weight".

That's the point - you can't outrun a bad diet. Maybe you can before the age of 40, good luck after it. Life begins at 40. I know.

Wait, who said to eat white rice all day. Please go back and point out the person that said that.

no one said that rice example, but when someone says that all it counts is calories in and out, so they are saying if you eat all your calories from rice is fine to lose weight and is not.

was just an example

Because it's true, a calorie is a calorie plain in simple. But you want to get into nutritional values of those calories and that is different than what you're saying.

No it is not, nutritionally is different but I will lose weight no matter what I eat as long as I'm in a deficit. You are talking health wise. Is a person eating nothing but Mcdonalds healthy no but if they're in a deficit the weight loss will continue. CICO is what matters for weight loss but not in terms of actual nutrition.
  • portugaline
    Options

was just an example

No it is not, nutritionally is different but I will lose weight no matter what I eat as long as I'm in a deficit. You are talking health wise. Is a person eating nothing but Mcdonalds healthy no but if they're in a deficit the weight loss will continue. CICO is what matters for weight loss but not in terms of actual nutrition.

you are right, but what i'm saying is that you can have a larger calorie out just for managing your macros, and your exercise.

and that you can lose even more weight using the same macros you are now if you eat well, if you chose to eat your carbs from complex carbs and avoid insulin spikes, and for many people on diet it really helps. the hardest part of dieting for almost everyone is been hungry, if you base your nutrition on cokies even if it fits your macros will you fell satisfied? will you have energy during the day? i would not have
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think this guy is trolling, and reading through the above posts it looks like others caught onto this a while ago as well. Adamitri, you are spot on with your comments. I agree 100 percent.
  • adamitri
    Options

was just an example

you are right, but what i'm saying is that you can have a larger calorie out just for managing your macros, and your exercise.

and that you can lose even more weight using the same macros you are now if you eat well, if you chose to eat your carbs from complex carbs and avoid insulin spikes, and for many people on diet it really helps. the hardest part of dieting for almost everyone is been hungry, if you base your nutrition on cokies even if it fits your macros will you fell satisfied? will you have energy during the day? i would not have

But not everyone needs to eat more calories and there is nothing wrong with a treat after you meet your macro. Not everyone needs to jump up and expand their calorie intake, not everyone needs that and no one bases their nutrition specifically on one item alone but if I have a healthy lunch and dinner and I'd like to have a half cup of ice cream to finish the day then their is nothing nutritional wrong with that. I am satisfied I don't need to stuff my face, I exercise I log and I'm happy where I am. Not everyone wants to be you.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    eating carbs later on increases the likelihood of having more water on you the next am is all. it isn't related to fat.
  • adamitri
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think this guy is trolling, and reading through the above posts it looks like others caught onto this a while ago as well. Adamitri, you are spot on with your comments. I agree 100 percent.

I think you're right so it might be wise for me to back out now instead of going in circles. I do understand where he's coming from but I just want him to take into account that when you start restriction, when tell people that this and that is bad you're setting people up for failure. People need to learn how to live with moderation, they need to learn how to enjoy the foods they love and still be healthy overall.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've lost 20.5 lbs with myfitnesspal! I've done a lot of trial and error during this time period and worked to overcome many plateaus. I've noticed that I seem to loose more weight when I do not eat carbs after lunch. Is this strategy working for anyone else? Is there any science behind this? If I am eating the same amount of calories, why does it matter if they are carbs vs. proteins or what time I eat them?

That you ate no carbs after lunch and lost weight is coincidence only, because to lose weight you ate less calories than you burned. Period.

Carb timing and meal timing have nothing to do with weight loss, just eat at a deficit and you will lose weight.
  • portugaline
    Options

was just an example

But not everyone needs to eat more calories and there is nothing wrong with a treat after you meet your macro. Not everyone needs to jump up and expand their calorie intake, not everyone needs that and no one bases their nutrition specifically on one item alone but if I have a healthy lunch and dinner and I'd like to have a half cup of ice cream to finish the day then their is nothing nutritional wrong with that. I am satisfied I don't need to stuff my face, I exercise I log and I'm happy where I am. Not everyone wants to be you.

once again, i posted saying what i think about this topic, was not directed to you, i didn't even know you.
    you started to quote me i just replied, nothing more.

so i don't understand why you think that is about you or your diet.
  • adamitri
    Options

was just an example

once again, i posted saying what i think about this topic, was not directed to you, i didn't even know you.

Because you keep saying if people do this than this will happen!
  • portugaline
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Y'all are implying it in your arguments. I am serious. It's a joke. You can't walk that fine line with a diet. You can't outrun a bad diet. Some people can't even touch sweets due to being diabetic. If they followed your advice, they would be dead. Period.

Lol. That's quite a reach.
    if all the fat is equal,
    if all carbs are equal,
    if all fiber is equal,
    if all protein is equal.

you know better than me i have nothing to say

Equal in what way?

there are different type of carbs, fats, protein and even fiber...

Yes there are different types of fsts, carbs and fiber, what's the point?

When you say different kinds of protein what to do you mean?

Like carbs, there are different sources/kinds of proteins, this difference is not only in theirs amino acids, but also in the time it takes to get to your blood stream "when your body can use them" some proteins are not even very usable for the body.

What I'm saying is that argument is coming out of nowhere. Who was debating that?

Yes there are different types of fsts, carbs and fiber, what's the point?

When you say different kinds of protein what to do you mean?

ONCE AGAIN I JUST REPLIED
  • portugaline
    Options

was just an example

no no no no, i said 1 thing, people told me i was wrong and made me many questions i just keep on replying.
  • adamitri
    Options

was just an example

no no no no, i said 1 thing, people told me i was wrong and made me many questions i just keep on replying.

So lets put this topic to bed then. Nutrition does matter and you should aim to eat a good diet but the occasional treat is alright as well be that ice cream or a coke. Exercise is great for health and will help in your overall efforts of weight loss but you do not need to exercise to lose weight. Concentrate on meeting your macros first then enjoy the rest of your day.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options

was just an example

So lets put this topic to bed then. Nutrition does matter and you should aim to eat a good diet but the occasional treat is alright as well be that ice cream or a coke. Exercise is great for health and will help in your overall efforts of weight loss but you do not need to exercise to lose weight. Concentrate on meeting your macros first then enjoy the rest of your day.

And now we have peace. That's a great point.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

was just an example

They will keep you replying until you fall over from exhaustion. Don't feed the trolls. You know and I know, what you're saying is accurate, and the results will speak for themselves regardless of all the trolling and deliberately obtuse questioning. Especially after 40. ;)
  • adamitri
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

was just an example

They will keep you replying until you fall over from exhaustion. Don't feed the trolls. You know and I know, what you're saying is accurate, and the results will speak for themselves regardless of all the trolling and deliberately obtuse questioning. Especially after 40. ;)

Please don't restart the war, we almost had peace going on here.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'm still confused as to whether my carbs are right or wrong.

Wrong
This discussion has been closed.