Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    adamitri wrote: »
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.

That's far from what you've been saying.

THIS IS THE 1ST THING I WROTE. I DONT SEE WHEN I SAID TO EAT JUNK, I SAID EXACLY TO OTHER THING, EAT RIGHT, FIBERS COMPLEX CARBS, GOOD FATS.. I DIDNT TALK ABOUT A SINGLE JUNK FOOD

Many people here keep just counting calories, people you don't even know for sure How many calories you burn, you can estimate but will never know.

And a calorie is not just a calorie, protein, different carbs, fat, fiber all changes the way you gain or lose weight.

1st you need to remember that fiber is counted as 4 calories, and your body cannot use most of fiber....

2nd there are hormones in our body, and the most important to "control" to lose weight is insulin..
    If you eat carbs, especially sugars, you will get an alarm inside your body to produce insulin, insulin will then be present in your body for some hours and the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT.

Thats why most people cut down they carbs and get good results, but people remember there are complex carbs like oatmeal, that have one king of fiber that can control your insulin levels during hours, so try to go to complex carbs, and you should even lose more weight. About calories, your body needs energy to burn more energy, it means the more you can eat and stay lean, the fastest will be you metabolism and you can eat more and lose more weight.

[]

this is not true.

look online please, and i know you will attack me for this, but even the amount of energy your body uses to digest fiber is different than sugar

I am not attacking you every time I respond. It's just a discussion. And be careful where you look online for sources. Legitimate medical sites only. The amount of calories in every fiber source is different; you can't just blithely say 'fiber is counted as 4 calories'. A bean has a different number of calories than another bean. A calorie is just a unit of energy. And there is fiber and sugar in apples; so when you are digesting the apple, how does your body interpret burning that? Do you think your body differentiates between the fiber in the apple and the sugar? It uses energy to burn the apple, not a different level for the fiber, and a different level for the sugar.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.

THIS IS THE 1ST THING I WROTE. I DONT SEE WHEN I SAID TO EAT JUNK, I SAID EXACLY TO OTHER THING, EAT RIGHT, FIBERS COMPLEX CARBS, GOOD FATS.. I DIDNT TALK ABOUT A SINGLE JUNK FOOD

Many people here keep just counting calories, people you don't even know for sure How many calories you burn, you can estimate but will never know.

And a calorie is not just a calorie, protein, different carbs, fat, fiber all changes the way you gain or lose weight.

1st you need to remember that fiber is counted as 4 calories, and your body cannot use most of fiber....

2nd there are hormones in our body, and the most important to "control" to lose weight is insulin..
    If you eat carbs, especially sugars, you will get an alarm inside your body to produce insulin, insulin will then be present in your body for some hours and the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT.

Thats why most people cut down they carbs and get good results, but people remember there are complex carbs like oatmeal, that have one king of fiber that can control your insulin levels during hours, so try to go to complex carbs, and you should even lose more weight. About calories, your body needs energy to burn more energy, it means the more you can eat and stay lean, the fastest will be you metabolism and you can eat more and lose more weight.

[]

this is not true.

look online please, and i know you will attack me for this, but even the amount of energy your body uses to digest fiber is different than sugar

You cannot digest fiber.

And your understanding of insulin is sparse at best.

please explain your self

" the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT."
    That is not the only thing that insulin does.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Count your calories but always remember from where they come from..

For weight loss it does not matter where they come from. For health they do. I don't need to become a *clean eater* to lose weight and be healthy.

no you don't need, where i said you are wrong, what i said is that you can make even better your weight loss

My weight loss is fine where it is, why do I need to use your tactics to change the good things that are already going on with my body. Why do I need to eat more when I'm not hungry.

you don't, is your choice, but as i told before, and happened to me before is that most people are hungry as hell when in diet, and this can help.

Most people who are eating correctly in a calorie deficit are not hungry as hell. Especially if they are eating the correct macro balance.
  • portugaline
    portugaline Posts: 95 Member
    Options

[]

this is not true.

You cannot digest fiber.

please explain your self

" the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT."
    That is not the only thing that insulin does.

as far as diet insulin stores, never burns any fat, i'm wrong?
  • portugaline
    Options

[]

this is not true.

You cannot digest fiber.

Fiber Has No Calories
    FALSE: Fiber is essentially composed of a bundle of sugar molecules. These molecules are held together by chemical bonds that your body has trouble breaking. In fact, your small intestine—can't break down soluble or insoluble fiber; both types just go right through you. That's why some experts say fiber doesn't provide any calories. However, this claim isn't entirely accurate. In your large intestine, soluble fiber's molecules are converted to short-chain fatty acids, which do provide a few calories. A gram of regular carbohydrates has about 4 calories, as does a gram of soluble fiber, according to the FDA. (Insoluble fiber has essentially zero calories.)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I think we are being taken for a ride here.

I think you may be right.

Also, 1.30pm, eating carbs.
  • mccindy72
    Options

willy+wonka+boat+scary+ride+faster+top+hat+chocolate+factory.png
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Can I put in for 9:30 here and just ate some carbs.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Can I put in for 9:30 here and just ate some carbs.

It's 8:30 pm here and I had two cookies an hour ago! Still under my calorie deficit.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I loose weight when I poop.. discuss.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I'm still confused as to whether my carbs are right or wrong.
  • mccindy72
    Options

carbs are so right. and left. of the protein.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    BramageOMG wrote: »

Not all poops are created equally. A bad poop is going to burn your muscles.
    Or something.
  • portugaline
    Options

read and tell me where i told they where bad, you must remember.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    BramageOMG wrote: »

Not all poops are created equally. A bad poop is going to burn your muscles.
    Or something.

Depends on how much fiber you digested. Or didn't digest. Or something.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Is it Friday yet? I'm waiting for the mean people threads.
  • portugaline
    Options
    if all the fat is equal,
    if all carbs are equal,
    if all fiber is equal,
    if all protein is equal.

you know better than me i have nothing to say
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

read and tell me where i told they where bad, you must remember.

No, no, it's fats that could be good or bad. Carbs, according to you, are right or wrong. See? Right there:
    Everyone is different, i get lean as hell and almost never drop bellow 300 grams carbs per day, but i try to avoid bad fats, and my carbs are all complex carbs, fiber i have a lot, and in every meal. But i don't cut carbs at night, the right carbs make me burn more fat and fell better, i fell great on diet. the wrong carbs i get fat as hell in weeks
  • mccindy72
    Options
    if all the fat is equal,
    if all carbs are equal,
    if all fiber is equal,
    if all protein is equal.

you know better than me i have nothing to say

Oh, they aren't equal. macro balance, remember? Different for each person.
This discussion has been closed.