I am an internet know-it-all with an advanced degree...ask me anything about health, fitness or life

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• Dalia444
    Dalia444 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    _John_ wrote: »
    Dalia444 wrote: »
    As a follow up to a prior question that stumped you, this one is easier

Explain men

We either want more sex, better sex, want to try to weigh our options but have you for backup for sex , want to do something fun that we like to do outside of sex, or would like to do something to get our mind off a stressor (sex often suffices).

The conflict to most avoid is obstructing a man's wanting to do something fun when the sexual quota (a constantly changing frequency/quality mark every man has) has been overly fulfilled or is below the benchmark.

Common knowledge.

Yes John, I thought you were going to give me some great insight that I couldn't otherwise find in the dictionary.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    As a follow up to a prior question that stumped you, this one is easier

Explain men

We either want more sex, better sex, want to try to weigh our options but have you for backup for sex , want to do something fun that we like to do outside of sex, or would like to do something to get our mind off a stressor (sex often suffices).

The conflict to most avoid is obstructing a man's wanting to do something fun when the sexual quota (a constantly changing frequency/quality mark every man has) has been overly fulfilled or is below the benchmark.

Common knowledge.

Yes John, I thought you were going to give me some great insight that I couldn't otherwise find in the dictionary.

CICO is not that complicated either but people assume it's not simple or doesn't apply to them...
  • _John_
    Options
    Why am I constantly tagged in threads I no longer participate in, even if I've not been around for days? Is this forum herpes that I got from the person above me threads curable?

I'm regretting the "tag me" thread...I can't track down the notifications I want to find...

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Dear OP..... If I don't use it.... Will I lose it?
  • _John_
    Options
    Do MFP men really expect us to think they mean all the deep, heart felt flowery things they PM to us?

How is it possible for 1 word to have so many different meanings dependant on context: "chicken scratch, scratch that and start over, made from scratch, and scratch my back"
    And why? Which meaning came first?

4.95 per question after the first one...
  • _John_
    Options
    Dear OP..... If I don't use it.... Will I lose it?

No, but they start to ache after a while and cleaning the pipes is recommended
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    How much cheese is too much cheese?
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Do MFP men really expect us to think they mean all the deep, heart felt flowery things they PM to us?

How is it possible for 1 word to have so many different meanings dependant on context: "chicken scratch, scratch that and start over, made from scratch, and scratch my back"
    And why? Which meaning came first?

4.95 per question after the first one...

I don't accept this answer. I'm going to ask @LiftingRiot for sage wisdom from now on.

So what this lovely lady @Silversonnet is talking about is Idioms- a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words.

Usually the meaning is only deduced by commonality between like individuals or friends. The word idiom comes from the Greek word Idios which means "personal".

The meaning that came first was most likely the first intended use of the word scratch which is actually its formal definition. The word in itself did not change its definition in the use of the idiom, the idiom that you used it in conveyed a different meaning than word scratch alone.
  • _John_
    Options
    How much cheese is too much cheese?

2 pounds
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    What's the deal with pants?
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    why wont pants fit me anymore :'(
  • notwaitin
    notwaitin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Does a backrub mean only a backrub?
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    notwaitin wrote: »

that is an excellent question.. in my experience, I find that no man means only a backrub when they offer a backrub lol
  • notwaitin
    notwaitin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    lol
    2r9oc4jp5yi1.jpg
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    why do women only want back-rubs?
  • _John_
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    why do women only want back-rubs?
    It's part of the game
  • _John_
    Options
    why wont pants fit me anymore :'(

Pants are afraid of well developed quads
  • _John_
    Options
    notwaitin wrote: »

No, it means I'd like sex, but if not, hopefully I'm building points for next time