WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Just want to let everyone know that Rori (provera) is going to be in my neck of the woods and we're going to get together at noon on Aug. 30 at my house. If anyone else would like to come by (DeeDee? Carol? etc), you're more than welcome. We'll really watch calories and eat here, then we'll burn off those calories by going in the pool.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you more specific directions. I'm in Newton NC

Michele
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Lisa from West Texas – Reading about your consulting job makes me feel as if I am watching an episode of “Restaurant Impossible.” You sound as if you have a very good handle on everything. I hope you get all of the backup you need to put the correct processes in place.

LOL! I see others here have also liked you to Robert Irvine. I agree that they do not need to call Robert in. They’ve got you and I know you can do the job.

Mia in MI

July goal:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Continue to meet PT one day a week for strength training
    Start one hour a week of aerobic exercise
    Stop Iced tea overload. 24 oz. iced tea daily plus 40 oz. water
    Word of the month – gratitude

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I have decided that i'm going to surprise Kirby (when I get a bit better and see how much I have to dish out for the medical bill) with a hot air balloon ride to make up for his bday.

That sounds like a terrific idea. My hubby always says he would love to take a hot air balloon ride. Of course he flew for so long, I think he misses being in the air :) BUT we can't fly any where on a vacation, he wants to drive, tired of flying. I told him I can't drive to Hawaii, we have enough frequent flyer miles to fly there for free but he won't do it :( Oh well, I love going in the trailer too.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,671 Member
    Options
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Beth in WNY and Orchard Park, I am one of those Rahchester people. Have been here for over 30 years, but grew up in NJ.
    Very impressed with the Buffalonians this year, did not want to win the snowfall derby! Love taking day trips to your neck of the woods.
    I hope all the hubbies get better real soon and their wives do a whole bunch of deep breathing until then. Rosie, loved the hiking pix! And thanks, everybody for the help on the pcos--I gave her the link to their group in MFP, and now I will sit back and shut up and hope for the best, and offer support when it is asked for.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Sylvia..congrats on beginning couch to 5K! You are just 2 weeks behind me. I also wanted to say that I began running at (fill in the blank for age). I began the week before my 59th birthday.

Penny...I thought I heard some "Happy Birthday" singing coming from up north. Thank your grandchildren for me, their voices were awesome. Happy Anniversary!

Chris in MA, still trying to catch up
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comparison to Restaurant Impossible...Robert Irvine always wins, right?

The GM backed me completely in today's walkthrough. He had last words for each of us in the meeting, and his parting instructions, in front of the manager, were, "And Lisa, you keep doing what you're doing." Owners will be in in late this week, early next week. We're shutting the place at 4 pm Sunday to clean everything. I've got them picking me up oil rig degreaser to get this place clean. I've been told already the place is looking much better. Day off tomorrow.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,671 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.67min, 14.4amph, 2.9mi = 114c
    spin- 30min, 86ar, 67aw, 9g, 12.7mi = 184c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.01min, 11.8amph, 1.3mi = 53c
    ride dome 2 hm- 17.54min, 8.9amph, 2.6mi = 183c
    total cal 534
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Linda in Iowa, the Washington, Iowa shelter, Paws n more, has tons of kittens! Be careful fostering, though. It is really hard not to get attached. I "fostered" four 3-week old kittens for my vet. They are now nine years old! I just could not part with them after bottle feeding them! I am currently "fostering" two cats for Paws N More, both unadoptable so they are really permanently mine. One was so frightened, but not feral, that she hid under the bed for the first month. She has been here over a year, and this week was the first time I have been able to pick her up without her having a total panic attack. She lasted two seconds on my lap. But she does head butt for loving. The other one is an older cat who has hyperthyroid so has to have a pill twice a day. No one wants to adopt a cat that has to take meds. I end up with a lot of them. Since I no longer have a husband to constrain my love of cats, I have a small rescue- 16 right now. Three are in and out but the rest stay indoors. So I do at least an hour of pet care a day, not including the one dog.
  • exermom
    Options
    Wow! Things have been somewhat crazy around here. Yesterday I completely forgot to do the Total Body portion of the DVD, but I held my plank for 2 min 45 sec (I used my watch to time myself). In a way it was good because I saw in the mirror that my butt should be a bit more down. Then I took the extremepump class. Took the donations from the church to the soup kitchen, had to stop at Bi-Lo for a friend, then senior bowling but first stopped at the IGA right there to get a 6-pack of beer. This is the only store where I found that I can get a six pack. I use the beer to make beer butt chicken. Jess is coming this weekend, and I figure we can make that while I'm at church. Went to ceramics (my turtle is done, but the gal is going to TRY putting the eyelashes and lips on again. Evidentally, when it was fired, the green paint ran. Then I'll put the clear glaze on it just to be sure since it'll be outside. Put the second coat of paint on the body of the ladybug. Then went to play mahjongg.

Today I did 30 minutes of HIIT. Normally I do 30 seconds sprint and 45 seconds recovery. This time I tried 30 second sprint and 30 second recovery. I did find that towards the end I wasn't going as full steam as I had, guess I just need to build up my stamina for 30/30. Then I worked on the rowing machine they have for about 15 minutes trying to figure it out. Finally got someone to show me. Well, I'll just have to keep at it.

Came home and made a chocolate pound cake for Jess. Looks cloudy so I may go to mahjongg this afternoon.

Welcome everyone new! There's always room for more, we welcome everyone

Question for all you people who have reason to buy bales of hay. Do you buy it and have to store it for months before you can use it? If so, have you ever had a problem with "critters" getting into the hay when you do finally go to use it? I'm concerned mainly about snakes. We need hay to put on the grass seed, and last time we were late and the place didn't have any. They have some now. I know it's too hot right now to plant grass seed, but if we purchased the hay now, will we have a problem when we go to use it in 2 months or so? Vince is concerned that it'll attract "critters".

Joyce - I haven't talked to Bryan since March. I honestly don't think he'd care one way or the other (about his father's health). And even then he only talked to me because I happened to be there, not because he tried to talk to me. Before he would have been the first person I would have confided in, but not now. As far as the hair, I usually use Nair stuff, sometimes pluck or use a scissor to them. The (about the only) reason I stay at the Y is because I can use the Y when we go to FL or when we go to see Jess. Sad to say, our Y just isn't all that great. There is so much potential, but the guy who is the CEO has a big head. He's right and everyone else is wrong

Tomorrow we have a Board meeting for the Newcomers. The exercise plan for tomorrow is to do a bosu cardio DVD. We shall see if it burned OK for me

Tina - happy anniversary!
    - sounds like you're keeping really really busy with the restaurant. Yuk on those pics

Heather - so sorry your hubby had to go back on his meds, but glad that he made the decision to do it. Some people wouldn't want to and that would just make it worse. How horrible for your dh to have gone thru that. So glad you were there

Sylvia - one time my daughter commented that I was talking to myself and I just told her "well, I'm talking to the smartest person in the room". That didn't go over that well....lol Laughing over your undies

Alison - hope you get that gym membership

Tammy - I was watching a video on the net by Red Heart, there is just one part that I need to look at again, but I think I've sort-of got it (c2c). That should be nice for a baby blanket (can you tell that I have some pink, blue, and white yarn left over?) I usually need a pattern too. My grandmother was a great crocheter. Back in the day when crocheted vests were in style she went to the store and said "I'm not paying that much for a vest" then went home and from memory made me one. So sorry you didn't get your burger

DJ - oh, I was a size 4 at one time. Of course, I was 12 at the time, but I was still a size 4....lol I grew up in NJ and to me Carolina bbq tasts "weird" LOL at your comment about Lillian going commando on the scale.

Carol in NC - not another 2 weeks! You poor dear. If it were me, I'd be going crazy about now. Good for you setting up the schedule! Rant whenever you feel the need. We have big shoulders from exercising just for that.

terri - that concert sounds great. I know you'll enjoy it. When in august is it?

My watch is still really loose on me, yet the gal at the jewelry store said that I shouldn't get a link taken out. I'm thinking that I'll go back and talk to another person. This watch keeps going all over. But it IS a good reminder why I don't want to overeat

Vicki - I've been here the last few days. The next time there'll be anything new about Vince will be after his cardiologist appt. Friday. Then we shall see when they want to do the study. Wish I had a friend like your Lee, sure can use grass seed that you just roll out. Thinking about hydroseed, but don't know much about it

Meg - good for you getting in all that exercise! The doc told us that the amio isn't for long term (unless a patient is like 90 and they don't think the person will live very long), maybe a year or two. I hate to say it, but probably the best thing that'll work would be an ablation. Any drug eventually you'll build up a resistance to. But that's just me talking, the person who hates to take a drug unless I absolutely, must take it.

Looks like sun is peeking out, so I will probably go in the pool. Besides, I'd rather be on here instead of driving up to mahjongg. The game will still be there.

Rosie - have fun on your hike. Great pics (even the spider)

Now I totally understand why when we were in Switzerland the cheese there tasted so dry. But it was good, anyway

Lenora - praying for your daughter. Congrats on the weight loss

Lisa - do your workers have the Serv-Save certification? I have mine, but I think it probably needs to be renewed by now. I learned so much when I took that course, like how meats should be stored (which should be on the bottom of the freezer), things I never thought of about cross-contamination. Of couse, labeling was covered. I'm surprised they didn't do this. Sounds like you are doing an awesome job of cleaning that restaurant and the GM knows it. Yuk on those pics

Margeretturk - Vince documents EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything. That must just be in his genes

pip - OK, now you officially have me totally worried sick. Hey, maybe this will curb cravings. Well, I can hope, can't I?

chris is MA - isn't it amazing how we get hooked on gadgets?

Well...off to the pool now.

After being in the pool and then doing my exercises, we went to PetSmart and then AC Moore. I'm still working on the Rummikub in the pool game.

ydaily - hope you get that sports bra

Linda in IA - yes the girl on "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" does have PCOS. Isn't it wonderful how she loves herself, always such an inspiration. I didn't realize you got it, too. How wonderful that you're going to foster a cat/kitten. I'm sure they have lots of other cats/kittens for fostering.

pip - $7,000 for the hosp? You weren't in overnight, were you? How sweet of you to want to give Kirby a hot air balloon ride!

Miriam - that is so so wonderful of you to take in those cats. The fee for adopting Lance and Shadow for Jess was waived since Lance needed insulin twice daily.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif Hooray for me....I scheduled my weight training for today and got it done. It's so easy for me to find the time to walk for hours with the dogs and ride the exercise bike and watch TV but the weight training is a challenge. I know that a big part of the problem is that I take over the center of the house and it affects Jake so I avoid it so I won't bother him, but today I declared that I'd be taking over the house for about an hour and he worked around me and the TV show I watched while I did stuff.

:) Michele, I do three planks as part of my weight training program---two minutes each.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif 20,000 steps today.

<3 Barbie from cool NW Washington where we are grateful for the lack of drama in our lives.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning my friends,

Janetr, I feel so sorry for all of you ladies that have a hard time getting enough protein. I could have a meal with nothing but meat and be happy. You are doing great so just keep doing what you are doing.

Gayle, I never ever, ever wanted to count calories. I thought that sounded like way too much work. In so many ways, I have found this journey easier than I expected. It is not easy at all but it is doable and something I can do for the rest of my life. If I ever let myself get anywhere near 200 lbs again I’m going to knock myself up side of the head!!! I do have to say that it has all been made easier and doable because of this wonderful group of ladies. I can’t say it enough, but Thank You, Thank You, Thank you. thanks.gif

Lillian is going Commando on the scales, so don’t look, you guys!!! headache.gif

Carey, congrats on the 45 minutes on the bike. That is outstanding!!! I can’t do any one exercise for that long without stopping some. Keep up the great work.

Joyce, on waxing for hair removal, Sally Hansen makes a product sold in a box that has strips you use and they work quite well. You just hold one between your two hands to heat it, then peel off one side and put the other one with the wax on it on your chin (or where ever). After a minute or so, just rip it off with the hair. You and your DD could have fun with it. It is called Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit. I don’t remember the price but I doubt that it costed as much as one trip to the salon. And it has 21 strips in the package. OH, Joyce, my heart goes out to you in dealing with Charlie. Why do they have to be so ornery sometimes? Does he really call you a f#$$g b&^%h when he gets upset? Maybe you should threaten a vacation without him if he is unable to go? Anyway, I’ll keep you both in my prayers and hope that something will give. ((((Hugs))))

Rosie, great pictures, well except for that Texas size spider. Eeewwww And that was a gorgeous sunset. Thanks for sharing.

Heather, that had to be scary for DH and you, even though it has happened before. How nice that you can lend your Yoga teacher a shrug since she loaned you the dresses.

Allison, I hope you get to feeling better real soon. Take care of yourself.

Lisa
    , keep up the good work. You will have that place whipped into shape in no time at all.

NMMargaret
    , I normally agree with you, but not this time. Lol I don’t think that restaurant needs Robert Irvine because they have Lisa. She is going to whip them into shape. I do agree with your advice to Allison.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I forgot to tell you that last night at the Moose meeting I won $81 at a drawing. Woo Hoo I’m off to my doctor’s appointment.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    exermom wrote: »
    Wow! Things have been somewhat crazy around here. Yesterday I completely forgot to do the Total Body portion of the DVD, but I held my plank for 2 min 45 sec (I used my watch to time myself). In a way it was good because I saw in the mirror that my butt should be a bit more down. Then I took the extremepump class. Took the donations from the church to the soup kitchen, had to stop at Bi-Lo for a friend, then senior bowling but first stopped at the IGA right there to get a 6-pack of beer. This is the only store where I found that I can get a six pack. I use the beer to make beer butt chicken. Jess is coming this weekend, and I figure we can make that while I'm at church. Went to ceramics (my turtle is done, but the gal is going to TRY putting the eyelashes and lips on again. Evidentally, when it was fired, the green paint ran. Then I'll put the clear glaze on it just to be sure since it'll be outside. Put the second coat of paint on the body of the ladybug. Then went to play mahjongg.

Today I did 30 minutes of HIIT. Normally I do 30 seconds sprint and 45 seconds recovery. This time I tried 30 second sprint and 30 second recovery. I did find that towards the end I wasn't going as full steam as I had, guess I just need to build up my stamina for 30/30. Then I worked on the rowing machine they have for about 15 minutes trying to figure it out. Finally got someone to show me. Well, I'll just have to keep at it.

Came home and made a chocolate pound cake for Jess. Looks cloudy so I may go to mahjongg this afternoon.

Welcome everyone new! There's always room for more, we welcome everyone

Question for all you people who have reason to buy bales of hay. Do you buy it and have to store it for months before you can use it? If so, have you ever had a problem with "critters" getting into the hay when you do finally go to use it? I'm concerned mainly about snakes. We need hay to put on the grass seed, and last time we were late and the place didn't have any. They have some now. I know it's too hot right now to plant grass seed, but if we purchased the hay now, will we have a problem when we go to use it in 2 months or so? Vince is concerned that it'll attract "critters".

Joyce - I haven't talked to Bryan since March. I honestly don't think he'd care one way or the other (about his father's health). And even then he only talked to me because I happened to be there, not because he tried to talk to me. Before he would have been the first person I would have confided in, but not now. As far as the hair, I usually use Nair stuff, sometimes pluck or use a scissor to them. The (about the only) reason I stay at the Y is because I can use the Y when we go to FL or when we go to see Jess. Sad to say, our Y just isn't all that great. There is so much potential, but the guy who is the CEO has a big head. He's right and everyone else is wrong

Tomorrow we have a Board meeting for the Newcomers. The exercise plan for tomorrow is to do a bosu cardio DVD. We shall see if it burned OK for me

Tina - happy anniversary!
    - sounds like you're keeping really really busy with the restaurant. Yuk on those pics

Heather - so sorry your hubby had to go back on his meds, but glad that he made the decision to do it. Some people wouldn't want to and that would just make it worse. How horrible for your dh to have gone thru that. So glad you were there

Sylvia - one time my daughter commented that I was talking to myself and I just told her "well, I'm talking to the smartest person in the room". That didn't go over that well....lol Laughing over your undies

Alison - hope you get that gym membership

Tammy - I was watching a video on the net by Red Heart, there is just one part that I need to look at again, but I think I've sort-of got it (c2c). That should be nice for a baby blanket (can you tell that I have some pink, blue, and white yarn left over?) I usually need a pattern too. My grandmother was a great crocheter. Back in the day when crocheted vests were in style she went to the store and said "I'm not paying that much for a vest" then went home and from memory made me one. So sorry you didn't get your burger

DJ - oh, I was a size 4 at one time. Of course, I was 12 at the time, but I was still a size 4....lol I grew up in NJ and to me Carolina bbq tasts "weird" LOL at your comment about Lillian going commando on the scale.

Carol in NC - not another 2 weeks! You poor dear. If it were me, I'd be going crazy about now. Good for you setting up the schedule! Rant whenever you feel the need. We have big shoulders from exercising just for that.

terri - that concert sounds great. I know you'll enjoy it. When in august is it?

My watch is still really loose on me, yet the gal at the jewelry store said that I shouldn't get a link taken out. I'm thinking that I'll go back and talk to another person. This watch keeps going all over. But it IS a good reminder why I don't want to overeat

Vicki - I've been here the last few days. The next time there'll be anything new about Vince will be after his cardiologist appt. Friday. Then we shall see when they want to do the study. Wish I had a friend like your Lee, sure can use grass seed that you just roll out. Thinking about hydroseed, but don't know much about it

Meg - good for you getting in all that exercise! The doc told us that the amio isn't for long term (unless a patient is like 90 and they don't think the person will live very long), maybe a year or two. I hate to say it, but probably the best thing that'll work would be an ablation. Any drug eventually you'll build up a resistance to. But that's just me talking, the person who hates to take a drug unless I absolutely, must take it.

Looks like sun is peeking out, so I will probably go in the pool. Besides, I'd rather be on here instead of driving up to mahjongg. The game will still be there.

Rosie - have fun on your hike. Great pics (even the spider)

Now I totally understand why when we were in Switzerland the cheese there tasted so dry. But it was good, anyway

Lenora - praying for your daughter. Congrats on the weight loss

Lisa - do your workers have the Serv-Save certification? I have mine, but I think it probably needs to be renewed by now. I learned so much when I took that course, like how meats should be stored (which should be on the bottom of the freezer), things I never thought of about cross-contamination. Of couse, labeling was covered. I'm surprised they didn't do this. Sounds like you are doing an awesome job of cleaning that restaurant and the GM knows it. Yuk on those pics

Margeretturk - Vince documents EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything. That must just be in his genes

pip - OK, now you officially have me totally worried sick. Hey, maybe this will curb cravings. Well, I can hope, can't I?

chris is MA - isn't it amazing how we get hooked on gadgets?

Well...off to the pool now.

After being in the pool and then doing my exercises, we went to PetSmart and then AC Moore. I'm still working on the Rummikub in the pool game.

ydaily - hope you get that sports bra

Linda in IA - yes the girl on "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" does have PCOS. Isn't it wonderful how she loves herself, always such an inspiration. I didn't realize you got it, too. How wonderful that you're going to foster a cat/kitten. I'm sure they have lots of other cats/kittens for fostering.

pip - $7,000 for the hosp? You weren't in overnight, were you? How sweet of you to want to give Kirby a hot air balloon ride!

Miriam - that is so so wonderful of you to take in those cats. The fee for adopting Lance and Shadow for Jess was waived since Lance needed insulin twice daily.

Michele in NC

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Exermom .... I play mahjong !! We have a group of women and men,ages 11-93. Doing this for 20 years. Gayle Minneapolis
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Michele - August 30 may work for me!! I'll have to see how everything is progressing before I commit, though. :disappointed: You might want to get straw instead of hay. If you use hay, you will be planting all of the weeds and grasses that have left seeds in the hay bales. It's not usually the look folks are going for in their lawns. :smiley:

Thanks for all of the support you keep giving me! I went in today and presented my plan for shortened hours for the next two weeks. Nobody really had anything negative to say. Just as well! :wink: I left work at three, came home, changed my clothes, and crawled onto the couch for a rest. I didn't get a nap because both children decided that was the perfect time to make a snack, but the rest was good. I'm really tired but didn't cry into my dinner plate tonight.

Another PT appointment in the morning. I'll have a different woman than the one I've had the past two times--I saw her my first visit. I'm interested to see how their methods/styles differ. Next week, I begin the 3 times per week regime.

I'm ready to turn off the light and settle into my corner of the couch. Good night!

Carol in NC
  • exermom
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Barbie - good for you scheduling the weight training. Fantastic!

Gayle - do you play the American version of mahjongg? That's the one we play. Ken showed me his Chinese mahjongg set. It's different looking and one of the things that stood out was that in his set, there aren't numbers on the tiles, just the Chinese characters.

Forgot to post a pic of my turtle. Here it is. Now the gal is going to put eyelashes on and we're going to hope that they don't run into the paint. She's also going to do the mouth since that's such fine detail work. But here it is.....

Michele in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Pip, maybe you need to wear a helmet for a while. Please take care. When do you see the doc again??

MNMargaret, congrats on the scale moving in the right direction!!!

Chris, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. So nice for the long visit with your mother and then a great time at the beach. I’m sure your DGD enjoyed it too.

Sylvia, I have just not been able to get you off my mind all day!!! I have an important question: if your panties weight that much, how much does your bra weigh??? smiley-scared001.gif

Pip, I hope your insurance pays most of those bills. Your surprise sounds great but get well first.

Beth, believe me, I know how hard it is to keep up. Just come when you can and let us know what’s going on with you. (Hugs))

Heather, when I was reading about your cooking I saw that the most fattening thing is the coconut milk, but you only use 100 gallons. Yes I read gal rather than cal, but boy did I start paying attention!

Michele, gosh I wish you were in the eastern part of the state and I would try to make your pool party. Ya’ll have a wonderful time!!!

Janetr, DH and I went up in a hot air balloon once and the main thing I remember is how HOT it was. DH is bald on the top of his head and he said it was REALLY hot to him. Lol

Michele NC, I’m looking aroundsmiley-rolleyes009.gif to see how many of the ladies have a reason to buy bales of hay? Once I read more, it made sense but I was picturing feeding livestock or preparing for a hay ride. Why did the jewelry store lady tell you not to remove a link from your watch? Maybe she has seen too many ladies outgrow them after they did? Lordy, I swear all your exercising wears me out just reading about it. You and Barbie as well as others are just so impressive.

I had the best doctor’s appointment that I can ever remember. He is taking me off my diabetes medicine and told me to cut back on Nexium. My cholesterol numbers are all great. For the second visit in a row, we are reducing my thyroid medication. He said, it’s amazing what losing weight can do, isn’t it. *big grin* Needless to say, I was pleased. Oh yes, and I am no longer in the Obese category. smiley-happy036.gif

I hope you all have a wonderful day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Michele in NC

I found that this video really helped me understand the decrease process the best. I am almost at the point of stopping the width growth on my c2c afghan and with the help of this video I will start the decrease process and make this puppy a rectangular c2c afghan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0VWcViUJkE[url=&quot;http://&quot;][/url]

Cheri
  • csofled
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif Hooray for me....I scheduled my weight training for today and got it done.
    <3 Barbie from cool NW Washington where we are grateful for the lack of drama in our lives.

I also tend to put off the weight training part of my fitness routine. Making a plan and sticking to it is helpful. Glad you were able to get it done today! Planks are killers but oh so necessary for the core strength. Mine are a part of my strength routine too.
    Love your sign off......"where we are grateful for the lack of drama in our lives"! :)

Cheri
  • csofled
    Options
    Just sayin' so glad we are past the page where the spider pic was lurking. No fear of running across it as I scroll up the page! :)

Cheri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: It was beautiful in Port Angeles. We drove up with the dinghy yesterday and gave it to the kids, then we drove home today. Lots of miles! Your area is absolutely beautiful! We passed by a lavender farm that is located along the road, and it was charming and very well maintained. I wondered whether your Lavender Festival might have been there. We'll be up to Port Angeles again in a few weeks to get the dinghy and bring it home. DS has a month off, and they're using it to explore the San Juan and Gulf Islands. :bigsmile:

Crazy Dog Lady: I absolutely agree that making healthy eating a lifestyle change is the key to longterm success. I depend on the support I get here, both with the ability to log my food and get nutritional information, and also the opportunity for social support from this group. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Congratulations on being a pound under your goal weight! :flowerforyou: I hope your DH gets in to see his doctor promptly and is able to get things balanced quickly so that he can enjoy life to its fullest. :heart:

Sylvia: Congratulations on maintaining your self-discipline in the presence of DS's evil ex. :devil: WTG! :bigsmile:

3dtammy: You said Kayla, but I think you might have meant me. :blush: You and I live beside the very same river, but I'm west of Portland, way downstream from the Dalles. :flowerforyou:

DJ: Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Pip: I hope the scopolamine patch is helpful with easing the dizziness and that you're able to get your health situation under control. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I think you're very sane, but we seem to be traveling on the same spaceship. :wink: I agree with you about being gentle when encouraging others. I reply if someone asks me how I lost the weight. I mention MFP but only tell them details if they seem interested. I don't bring up the subject of weight-loss with anyone. On another subject, our trips down to the Oregon coast and up to Port Angeles, WA were wonderful fun. I'm tired right now, though. :yawn: :flowerforyou:

Carol in GA: I hope your healing goes well. Patience is sometimes hard to come by, but it is needed. :flowerforyou:

I have only gone through part of the messages but I'm all out of energy. I hope everyone has a good evening and a healthy day tomorrow.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

July Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png