If I eat an ice-cream everyday, but stay under the calorie limit, will it still work?

Options

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    culver531 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    i actually had someone on here personally msg me about my comments calling me a troll. Everyone should be allowed an opinion and the other party allowed to rebut their opinion, but lets be nice here.
    It's hard to rebut an opinion. That's why everyone keeps asking you for evidence to support what you're saying. If your support is "that's just my opinion" or "common sense," that's fine, I suppose, but those are rather unpersuasive justifications as compared to using actual science.

Evidence, I just guess I go off of what I believe and that is eating healthy is good...I mean I have seen studies on how your body doesnt process sugar well when in high quantities and rises your insulin turning it into fat. I just thought that was the case. I must be wrong and you are ALL right :smile:

Yep, we are. Still waiting to hear about which toxins you speak of.

And let's just be super duper clear. If you are eating at a caloric deficit, no matter what the makeup of your food is, your body will not permanently store calories as fat. That's the crux of how any and all weight loss programs work. If you eat a lot of sugar then your body may temporarily convert the sugar to fat, but if you are eating in a deficit...it'll need to use that fat storage to run your body. It's a simple equation that you keep wanting to make complicated.

I also think it's sad that your head decides that ice cream is not healthy. Of course you already said that is mainly because you lack the skill of portion control. However that doesn't make it inherently unhealthy. I wonder how sad your food log must be.

I like my food log lol I enjoy a lot of blueberries and grapefruit actually lol. The toxins I'm thinking of uhhhh lets see palm oil, soybeanoil, all the dyes especially yellow. This is just a few, I never said no to icecream lol just not everyday. Equation? why not just eat healthy isnt that easier than trying to make food fun or make you happy.

I was gonna stay out of here but omg. You're suggesting that food can't be fun and healthy and/or make me happy and be healthy?

So somehow my chunky potato soup - which consists of a variety of fresh vegetables, some plain greek yogurt and a diced chicken breast - is bad for me because it makes me happy?

I just.

beeker-what-is-this-i-dont-even.gif

I have treats almost every single day. I can easily run 4-6 miles. I'm in great health.

If what you're doing works for you, kudos. But insisting it's the right way for everyone is absolute rubbish.

~Lyssa

Whenever someone suggests food shouldn't be fun and only be seen as fuel, my inner cook cries.
    I made some awesome curry just yesterday. It's so good I smile after the first bite.

I don't cook half as much as I would really like to but I have vowed to never just eat something for the sake of eating it, healthy or no. It damn well better be yummy if I'm spending calories on it!

~Lyssa
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    i actually had someone on here personally msg me about my comments calling me a troll. Everyone should be allowed an opinion and the other party allowed to rebut their opinion, but lets be nice here.
    It's hard to rebut an opinion. That's why everyone keeps asking you for evidence to support what you're saying. If your support is "that's just my opinion" or "common sense," that's fine, I suppose, but those are rather unpersuasive justifications as compared to using actual science.

Evidence, I just guess I go off of what I believe and that is eating healthy is good...I mean I have seen studies on how your body doesnt process sugar well when in high quantities and rises your insulin turning it into fat. I just thought that was the case. I must be wrong and you are ALL right :smile:

And let's just be super duper clear. If you are eating at a caloric deficit, no matter what the makeup of your food is, your body will not permanently store calories as fat. That's the crux of how any and all weight loss programs work. If you eat a lot of sugar then your body may temporarily convert the sugar to fat, but if you are eating in a deficit...it'll need to use that fat storage to run your body. It's a simple equation that you keep wanting to make complicated.

I also think it's sad that your head decides that ice cream is not healthy. Of course you already said that is mainly because you lack the skill of portion control. However that doesn't make it inherently unhealthy. I wonder how sad your food log must be.

I like my food log lol I enjoy a lot of blueberries and grapefruit actually lol. The toxins I'm thinking of uhhhh lets see palm oil, soybeanoil, all the dyes especially yellow. This is just a few, I never said no to icecream lol just not everyday. Equation? why not just eat healthy isnt that easier than trying to make food fun or make you happy.

Do you know what the word "toxin" means?
    +1
    do i know what toxin means? Well for myself its anything not natural in food. The long term effect on most ingredients havent been shown yet but you will be warned about caramel coloring and yellow dyes causing cancer. Is that not toxic?

I love it when people just make up their own definitions for words and then act exasperated when others don't know what the hell they are talking about.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Here is another one for you all to attack me about, I believe the less crap food we buy the better because we should be peace loving tree hugging people, live off the earth MAN! :wink:
    No one has attacked you at all, though. Despite your propensity for making up definitions from thin air.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    So, if I have to choose between ice cream and hemlock, I should choose the hemlock because it's a plant?

Makes sense. The Hemlock Diet worked out so well for Socrates.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

+1
    do i know what toxin means? Well for myself its anything not natural in food. The long term effect on most ingredients havent been shown yet but you will be warned about caramel coloring and yellow dyes causing cancer. Is that not toxic?

I thought red food dye was the toxic one. Dangnabit I can't keep up with what's going to kill me anymore.

seriously? Kraft was banned from using yellow dye because it is cancer causing, also if you have kids have you not noticed them bouncing off the walls after eating food colored cereals etc. this is just my experience so if asked by someone I would say stay away from food coloring if you can. Thats all I'm saying.

No. I have two children. One is artificial dye sensitive behaviorially. The other is not.

Sweeping generalizations are rarely universally true.

Also? Kraft is removing yellow dye due to consumer demand, not thanks to any cancer link. If there were really a cancer link, the FDA would have pulled the yellow dye.

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

+1

I thought red food dye was the toxic one. Dangnabit I can't keep up with what's going to kill me anymore.

seriously? Kraft was banned from using yellow dye because it is cancer causing, also if you have kids have you not noticed them bouncing off the walls after eating food colored cereals etc. this is just my experience so if asked by someone I would say stay away from food coloring if you can. Thats all I'm saying.

It would behoove you to stop presenting your opinions as facts. You're just digging yourself deeper here.

You used the word behoove....

iwtZuVP.gif

~Lyssa
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

+1

It would behoove you to stop presenting your opinions as facts. You're just digging yourself deeper here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/kraft-agrees-yellow-dye-mac-cheese/story?id=20745315

That says something completely different than what you said.

Completely different.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    welcome to my life. I have to hit between 3000 and 3500 calories every day. if I take up 1000 of that with a liter of ice cream? I still have another 2000 minimum to use for getting whatever nutrients I need....which, considering there are people who have to eat a lot less than that number every day, is obviously more than enough to do so. Thus, my daily ice cream, when combined with eating everything else I need to (and a buttload of running) is not unhealthy at all.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    bobby19666 wrote: »
    NO NO and NO. Sugar raises insulin, so it makes your body store fat. EAT HEALTHY don't try and cheat it. Or you'll suffer in life

And then you do something like breathe or have your heart beat or wash the dishes... and you burn fat. If you're in a caloric deficit, you burn more fat than you store and you lose weight.

OR

And then you do something like breathe or have your heart beat or wash the dishes... and you burn fat. If you're eating at maintenance, status quo is maintained.

OR

And then you do something like breathe or have your heart beat or wash the dishes... and you burn fat. If you're eating a caloric surplus, you store excess fat and gain weight.

Honestly, the insulin fear mongering is ridiculous.

I should quote my post about some other "insulin is ebil" post from another thread. I hope I didn't forget anything in that one or said something wrong.
    Carbohydrates aren't the only thing that makes you produce more insulin. Protein does too.
    All carbohydrates produce insulin, not only added sugars.
    They usually only consider a single food eaten in isolation. Eating whatever has the sugar in it together with other macros reduces the insulin response. And most foods aren't solely or even mostly made out of sugar.
    Insulin doesn't stop fat burning. Your body produces insulin when you've eaten something, when you've eaten something you have available calories, so obviously you aren't burning any bodyfat at that point. That's not insulin's fault and even if you ate only fat (which is the one thing you could eat that would not make you produce insulin), you'd gain fat if you ate too much of it and not burn any.
    Lastly, insulin is important for your body. Very important. It is not evil. You need insulin. It regulates the amount of glucose you have in your blood. Too high AND too low blood sugar both are not good for you.

Would you start an insulin information thread? Because I am OVER the sugar and carbs are EBIL because INSULIN bs. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Every sugar thread that happens, this silly statement gets thrown in, and people are convinced the have problems when the don't because of it.

I don't actually know much more than what I wrote in my post. I'd like it if I could write something long and exhaustive like the aspartame thread had, but my knowledge is a bit lacking. If someone else would like to though, they can go ahead.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

+1

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/kraft-agrees-yellow-dye-mac-cheese/story?id=20745315

That doesn't say Kraft was banned from using yellow dye (at least in the U.S.), it says they voluntarily changed the recipe. There's a difference.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

+1

Kraft chose to remove yellow dye voluntarily due to public pressure. Whatever sources you're reading, I think you need to double-check some of them.

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    So, if I have to choose between ice cream and hemlock, I should choose the hemlock because it's a plant?

Makes sense. The Hemlock Diet worked out so well for Socrates.
    "I drank what?"

• PeachyCarol
    Options
    Here is another one for you all to attack me about, I believe the less crap food we buy the better because we should be peace loving tree hugging people, live off the earth MAN! :wink:

Yet you're on a computer on the internet.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Ohhh now I get it. You are a toxin fearing, clean eating, off the grid survivalist? I asked earlier, do you not shop at a grocery store?

• PeachyCarol
    Options

I was gonna stay out of here but omg. You're suggesting that food can't be fun and healthy and/or make me happy and be healthy?

So somehow my chunky potato soup - which consists of a variety of fresh vegetables, some plain greek yogurt and a diced chicken breast - is bad for me because it makes me happy?

I just.

beeker-what-is-this-i-dont-even.gif

I have treats almost every single day. I can easily run 4-6 miles. I'm in great health.

If what you're doing works for you, kudos. But insisting it's the right way for everyone is absolute rubbish.

~Lyssa

Whenever someone suggests food shouldn't be fun and only be seen as fuel, my inner cook cries.
    I made some awesome curry just yesterday. It's so good I smile after the first bite.

I don't cook half as much as I would really like to but I have vowed to never just eat something for the sake of eating it, healthy or no. It damn well better be yummy if I'm spending calories on it!

~Lyssa

I'm interested in this chunky potato soup recipe. I'd vegetarianize it. You had me at "potato" and "Greek yogurt".

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Crap food? Well, this whole just keeps getting deeper and deeper...