If I eat an ice-cream everyday, but stay under the calorie limit, will it still work?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    bobby19666 wrote: »
    NO NO and NO. Sugar raises insulin, so it makes your body store fat. EAT HEALTHY don't try and cheat it. Or you'll suffer in life

Wow that sounds really scary. How will I suffer in life, exactly? Because my life feels pretty happy and fulfilling despite the fact that I eat sugar... I'm gainfully employed, happily married, two beautiful kids, and I'm healthier than I've ever been. Gosh what happens if I give up sugar?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    NO NO and NO. Sugar raises insulin, so it makes your body store fat. EAT HEALTHY don't try and cheat it. Or you'll suffer in life
    You store fat eating sugar in a deficit?

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Wow that sounds really scary. How will I suffer in life, exactly? Because my life feels pretty happy and fulfilling despite the fact that I eat sugar... I'm gainfully employed, happily married, two beautiful kids, and I'm healthier than I've ever been. Gosh what happens if I give up sugar?

You will become queen of the world
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    culver531 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    ok thank you everyone, not one person really helped but thanx. I believe we eat what the earth gave us if we want to be healthy and i didnt say no icecream ever i just dont think everyday is healthy. Thats my opinion. there are over weight people trying to lose weight on here and i think eating healthy is a good start and not all of us are already very fit eating icecream we are just starting. and your body processes a banana with sugar way differently that high fructose sugar hello!!! isnt that common sense

Is ice cream not from earth?

TIL that cows and sugar cane are really from outerspace.

or that its mostly high fructose corn syrup made by man? I just still dont see how its not easy to understand why sugar isnt good when not consumed through say "fruit". Plus are we talking plain vanilla or fully loaded reeses icecream theres a huge difference. Also I never said sugar was evil either lol geese I just think trying to eat healthy is a good idea and to read labels and know what it is your consuming. Lots of junk food is bad and there is always a healthy alternative, being that lots of healthy fruit has sugar you wont crave sugar and binge because your not completely eliminating it.

I've binged on fruit to the point I've made myself sick and I still would "crave" sugar. And just because you include foods that may be processed or contain high fructose corn syrup doesn't mean you are "unhealthy" or that your diet is unhealthy because of one or two foods.

You are repeatedly inferring that your diet and health suffers because you might have a scoop of "processed" foods with added sugar and that's where people are pointing out you are wrong.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I only looked at the first few replies and what was on this page. I don't think I want to read the rest of the thread.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    It's always entertaining when someone who has never had success is telling the people who have had success that they're doing it wrong. Even funnier when the reasoning is backed up by woo.

^QFT
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I only looked at the first few replies and what was on this page. I don't think I want to read the rest of the thread.

Chicken
  • PikaKnight
    Options

LOLCatsNo
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

Lies. Yes you do.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You've read it all before even if you don't read it again here. Toxins, insulin, HFCS, demonizing food while claiming not to, low post commenter telling people who've lost 100s of pounds how it should be done... basically all the bingo calls.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Kayra42 wrote: »
    Sure, you will lose weight but end up with malnutrition and avitaminosis

46il2rao25my.jpeg
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    ok thank you everyone, not one person really helped but thanx. I believe we eat what the earth gave us if we want to be healthy and i didnt say no icecream ever i just dont think everyday is healthy. Thats my opinion. there are over weight people trying to lose weight on here and i think eating healthy is a good start and not all of us are already very fit eating icecream we are just starting. and your body processes a banana with sugar way differently that high fructose sugar hello!!! isnt that common sense

Is ice cream not from earth?

TIL that cows and sugar cane are really from outerspace.

or that its mostly high fructose corn syrup made by man? I just still dont see how its not easy to understand why sugar isnt good when not consumed through say "fruit". Plus are we talking plain vanilla or fully loaded reeses icecream theres a huge difference. Also I never said sugar was evil either lol geese I just think trying to eat healthy is a good idea and to read labels and know what it is your consuming. Lots of junk food is bad and there is always a healthy alternative, being that lots of healthy fruit has sugar you wont crave sugar and binge because your not completely eliminating it.

I've binged on fruit to the point I've made myself sick and I still would "crave" sugar. And just because you include foods that may be processed or contain high fructose corn syrup doesn't mean you are "unhealthy" or that your diet is unhealthy because of one or two foods.

You are repeatedly inferring that your diet and health suffers because you might have a scoop of "processed" foods with added sugar and that's where people are pointing out you are wrong.

LOL, I did the same with watermelon. Wayyyy over ate on it...but it was sooooo good !!
    I am a lazy cook so some short cuts are taken. ie processed. yet I still lost weight. how awful... :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Please tell us more about your long-term success. Really. I'm super curious.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    You've read it all before even if you don't read it again here. Toxins, insulin, HFCS, demonizing food while claiming not to, low post commenter telling people who've lost 100s of pounds how it should be done... basically all the bingo calls.

I dunno, it already sounds worse than most threads I read through completely.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

You keep saying this

You have no evidence

You have been corrected over and over with evidence

What aren't you getting?

A life, perhaps?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    So if I eat 2000 calories a day, some of it being sugar, and my body burns 2500 calories in the course of that day, you are saying that my body will end the day having more fat than it started with?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    So if I eat 2000 calories a day, some of it being sugar, and my body burns 2500 calories in the course of that day, you are saying that my body will end the day having more fat than it started with?

14859125.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    i actually had someone on here personally msg me about my comments calling me a troll. Everyone should be allowed an opinion and the other party allowed to rebut their opinion, but lets be nice here.

Um. Okay?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    i actually had someone on here personally msg me about my comments calling me a troll. Everyone should be allowed an opinion and the other party allowed to rebut their opinion, but lets be nice here.

Welcome to MFP!