If I eat an ice-cream everyday, but stay under the calorie limit, will it still work?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    culver531 wrote: »
    ok thank you everyone, not one person really helped but thanx. I believe we eat what the earth gave us if we want to be healthy and i didnt say no icecream ever i just dont think everyday is healthy. Thats my opinion. there are over weight people trying to lose weight on here and i think eating healthy is a good start and not all of us are already very fit eating icecream we are just starting. and your body processes a banana with sugar way differently that high fructose sugar hello!!! isnt that common sense

Is ice cream not from earth?

The gelato I had every single day in Florence last summer was most definitely from Heaven....
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    oh well on deaf ears

LOL

fc61cea0-b92e-11e4-adba-1b11fa674adb_rihanna-window_zpsf0nwdgtu.gif

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    OMG please stop spouting unsubstantiated tabloid drivel

Please tell us what toxins are there and what do they do to your body ..in food which is approved for sale...conspiracy theorists of the world unite

I hit my macros and most of my micros...I eat chips daily ...quavers and popchips mainly as I don't like Cheetos. I also generally have an ice cream bar at some stage of the day, sometimes two.

I am at maintenance, having lost over 50lbs, fitter, stronger, healthier and younger than I was this time last year

As with many people in this thread I've got there by balancing my diet and following cico

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    ok thank you everyone, not one person really helped but thanx. I believe we eat what the earth gave us if we want to be healthy and i didnt say no icecream ever i just dont think everyday is healthy. Thats my opinion. there are over weight people trying to lose weight on here and i think eating healthy is a good start and not all of us are already very fit eating icecream we are just starting. and your body processes a banana with sugar way differently that high fructose sugar hello!!! isnt that common sense

TIL that cows and sugar cane are really from outerspace.

or that its mostly high fructose corn syrup made by man? I just still dont see how its not easy to understand why sugar isnt good when not consumed through say "fruit". Plus are we talking plain vanilla or fully loaded reeses icecream theres a huge difference. Also I never said sugar was evil either lol geese I just think trying to eat healthy is a good idea and to read labels and know what it is your consuming. Lots of junk food is bad and there is always a healthy alternative, being that lots of healthy fruit has sugar you wont crave sugar and binge because your not completely eliminating it.

You still haven't provided any evidence as to why HFCS is bad for you.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The bigger your caloric deficit, the more critical your food choices become. The smaller your deficit, the less your choices matter. This is part of why VLCD ("max deficit") programs are so challenging - you basically have to get every mouthful perfect, or you will lose weight in non optimal (potentially *highly* non-optimal) ways.

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's always entertaining when someone who has never had success is telling the people who have had success that they're doing it wrong. Even funnier when the reasoning is backed up by woo.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    im not demonizing food I just believe what is put out there in package form isnt food mostly. Read the labels. Theres toxins in a lot of food clean eating is only boring if you dont look at food as something to just fuel your body. Food is meant to make us happy, thats not why we have veggies and fruits full of nutrients there made to fuel us.

I need to break down this post more so I understand it because it's a little confusing.

So if food comes in a package it isn't food? So you don't shop at the grocery store?

It's also filled with toxins? Which toxins, specifically?

I actually can't figure out the last part of your post at all. "Food is meant to make us happy that's not why we have veggies and fruits they are made to fuel us?" Now that makes it sound like you are demonizing fruits and vegetables saying they don't make you happy. I don't know about you but a nice batch of roasted asparagus with a little olive oil, coarse ground pepper, lemon juice and shaved Parmesan cheese makes me really happy. It's a shame that most of those things come in packages from my grocery store so I can't eat them cause toxins.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

or that its mostly high fructose corn syrup made by man? I just still dont see how its not easy to understand why sugar isnt good when not consumed through say "fruit". Plus are we talking plain vanilla or fully loaded reeses icecream theres a huge difference. Also I never said sugar was evil either lol geese I just think trying to eat healthy is a good idea and to read labels and know what it is your consuming. Lots of junk food is bad and there is always a healthy alternative, being that lots of healthy fruit has sugar you wont crave sugar and binge because your not completely eliminating it.

I'm looking at my carton of Ben & Jerry's right now. You and I are buy VERY different ice cream if yours is mostly HFCS.

But truly, you're using terms like "toxic" that sound scary but they have specific meanings that just don't apply here.

• bobby19666
    bobby19666 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    NO NO and NO. Sugar raises insulin, so it makes your body store fat. EAT HEALTHY don't try and cheat it. Or you'll suffer in life
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    bobby19666 wrote: »
    NO NO and NO. Sugar raises insulin, so it makes your body store fat. EAT HEALTHY don't try and cheat it. Or you'll suffer in life

NO IT DOESN'T, OH MY GOD I AM LAUGHING.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options

You need to read the OP question again.
    Don't input your question into theirs.
    The basic answer is Yes ! you can eat them within your calorie limit and lose weight.
    Nothing about toxins (lol), sugar, syrup,

• lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    Should I have white chocolate raspberry or chocolate peanut butter ice cream tonight? I only have about a serving left of the chocolate PB. They are the same cals per serving for either one.

Have a little of both.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Should I have white chocolate raspberry or chocolate peanut butter ice cream tonight? I only have about a serving left of the chocolate PB. They are the same cals per serving for either one.

When in doubt, the answer is always peanut butter.

• Mr_Knight
    edited July 2015
    Options

I'm looking at my carton of Ben & Jerry's right now. You and I are buy VERY different ice cream if yours is mostly HFCS.

But truly, you're using terms like "toxic" that sound scary but they have specific meanings that just don't apply here.

The current ingredients from the Cookie Dough flavour. You can start to figure out their process from this...they get cheap skim milk, then replace the fat content with cheaper oils. I mean, seriously, soybean oil in ice cream?!

This is clearly not the same brand/quality it used to be.

ehRlykh.png

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

You keep saying this

You have no evidence

You have been corrected over and over with evidence

What aren't you getting?
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

You keep saying this

You have no evidence

You have been corrected over and over with evidence

What aren't you getting?

At a guess, I'm going to say....evidence?

:smiley:

:drinker:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's always entertaining when someone who has never had success is telling the people who have had success that they're doing it wrong. Even funnier when the reasoning is backed up by woo.

reality_zpsd8rpnpw9.jpg