ride hm 2 gym- 10.52min, 16.1amph, 2.9mi = 121c
    spin- 40min, 84ar, 95aw, 11-12g, 16.6mi = 362c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.34min, 14.4amph, 1.3mi = 119c
    ride wk 2 hm- 53.36min, 11.2amph, 10mi = 505c
    total cal 1107
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I lost a couple more pounds, which puts my total loss at 24. Still a long way from getting to onederland. Oh well.
    Congrats to Linda for getting there, and for all the other losers here!
    Hugs for everyone. I am so impressed with this group of women. Lots of struggles, but lots of people coping well with our struggles, even if it doesn't seem like it at first.

I guess one of the benefits of having been a neglected kid is that I was never subjected to home perms. I have super straight, ultra fine hair but lots of it. My mom always kept it really short since she couldn't be bothered taking care of it. As soon as I was able to take care of it on my own, I let it grow out and have worn it very long most of my adult life. A couple of times I have cut it off, trying to look older or more professional, or lately not look like an aging hippy but I always seem to let it grow again. I hate getting haircuts, and when it is short you have to go in a lot. I am a very low maintenance woman. Got a mani and pedi for the first time in my life last year. I guess it is all residual comfort levels from being neglected- I just feel funny having people do things to me or being fussed over.

I have been ultra busy the last two days since school started, cleaning up and repairing the apartment I hope my son ends up in, for his elderly future landlord. It was disgustingly dirty and damaged from the spousal abuse that was occurring with the last tenants. The landlord will pay me for my time, so if something falls through and my son doesn't end up there, it won't be a total loss. But since my son has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and I have traits, it will be spotless when we are done. I also had Physical Therapy today so I am very tired and should sleep well.

Love to you all!
  • mparker1216
    mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was also a stay at home mom until my kids got in school full day. Then I got a job at the school which worked out good for being home when the kids didn't have school. I have 2 children; a 27 year old autistic son and a 24 year old daughter.
    I also am one who has never had a perm. Natural wavy hair.
    Maryann
    Michigan
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
    i made my goal!! 2 awesome friends donated twice!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks for all your support! I am blessed with you all... Tomorrow I am giving blood at the library...shhhh :-) I will pick the loudest snack to snack on...just because..

Truely I am proud of myself these days. Even though the scale hasn't moved for maybe 5 days....thats ok. I am changing my body....and I need to realize it has to take time to adjust.

If I had my way, I would be a lounge singer.... With feather boa's and red lipstick... I got kind of close, singing with a saxaphone player, some jazz number. And once when I was in Hong Kong I took the piano players place at a lounge when he went on break. I played and sang...people clapped....and I said in the mic.."Thank you...very much", like I was a pro and all!!! It was when a bunch of us Navy wives all met the ship there. Now I know the medical centers' lobby isn't a lounge persay....but it is a nice outlet. One of these days I will be brave enough to do an open mic and sing. Make the fishermen at the lounge bar where its held fall over with my opera. Visuals are quite funny on my end with that one!

Well tomato watering time!

remember.....you bite it.....you write it!
    you jog it....you log it...
    Becca
    Oregon....soon to be wet with liquid from the sky!!!

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :) Becca, we are expecting rain tomorrow, too. 590935ankbyj1xx4.gif
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Im with you, too shy to leave Minnesota. I wanted Broadway, too late now. That's part of my ED , not doing my dreams. People like us do for all others but ourselves. Oh well enough crying in my beer!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Thanks folks for all your support! I am blessed with you all... Tomorrow I am giving blood at the library...shhhh :-) I will pick the loudest snack to snack on...just because..

my kind of woman!!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    i made my goal!! 2 awesome friends donated twice!

Whooo Hoooo, good job. Have fun and be very careful :)

Janetr OKC
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What occupation do you all have?

Maryann - I am a technical relationship manager for a bank which sounds fancier than it is. I support our International offices in Canada and Latin America for anything they need that is technology related - phone systems, network, laptops, etc. But I don't actually do the work, I just have to know who to call to get things done. My daughters like to joke that my job only involves talking on the phone and telling other people what to do. But you are right about sitting. Since joining MFP I have learned to stand up and walk around every so often.

Linda /IA

• mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey Gals
    Haven't posted for a couple of days. Got lofty aspirations of posting a bunch of comments to a list of y'all like so many seem capable of...even found an old notebook and repurposed it to take notes on everyone's posts and thoughts I wanted to share with each of you..but got super overwhelmed and can't do it. So since I was disappointed in myself I couldn't post at all. Anyway I read the posts a few times of day and look forward to it as ME time. You have all become very important to me. Today has been hard as my two boarders just lost their jobs and tomorrow's weekly rent will be the last for a while. My credit cards are pretty full and my first full paycheck won't come in till the 18 of sept. Humbling but I will have to pick a bill and be late on it in order to have grocery money. I try to keep in mind hat I am very lucky in most ways . I fell short also on my goals for eating and excersize too. Came close...only over by about 100 calories today. And whereas my goal had been to take each of my girls for a short walk of about a half mile each..only one dog would go (the other has attachment issues to the obese willing one whom I give first turn too bc it's most important for her to waddle it off. The right thing to do would have been to turn around and repeat the walk without Lulu but I didn't. Looking at it the other way(which I have a hard time doing). I haven't walked in months besides the BeeBee Woods Fiasco. So it's a positive thing that I've gotten out there and made a beginning. Looking forward to my first actual day cashiering Monday but also dreading it bc I am a couch potato and I will find standing on a concrete floor for eight hours hard to do. Thank god for Advil and Bengay. Thanks for listening.
    Gnite
    Mindy from Boston
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    Glowworming - take care with the challenges for your son. Congrats on releasing 2 more lbs.

Joyce – I love your posts, they seem just like you are chatting with us.

Mparker – I am a business owner, I own 3 small business, I have a gardening service, teach cooking classes, and the main one is a machine embroidery business (www.facebook.com/LivingGourmetDublin)

Heather – Grandma x3!!! Exciting!

There are some great choices at Red Robin, and I do love the web page, but sometimes the burger is what I have to have; so it is great that I have a friend that will spilt with me.

It is fun to read about folks current or past jobs, thanks for asking us all Maryann.

August Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles, august 25 145 miles so far
    1 plank every day and log here – goal more then 19
    Log everyday –
    Eat mindfully-
    Weekly fun things –
    W1 – Visiting with niece Emily - a trip to SF
    W2 – BFF came for 2 days and a dinner party
    W3 – went to a banjo band concert – a first for me
    W4 – Dinner out with friends, hiked with my hiking group
    Kim from N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Am not going to be bale to read anything tonight. Charlie has had 2 episodes of TIA today. We have been in the ER all evening and they Re admitting him for observation. MRI in the AM. They don't know if this is related to Parkinson's or a true TIA also known as mini strokes. All the thoughts and prayers you can send will be gladly taken and appreciated. Love you guys.

Joyce, Indiana
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Joyce - You and Charlie are in my prayers. We'll be thinking of you.

Mindy- I'm so glad you got up the energy to post. I'm reminded of Heather's mantra "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good" or something like that... You posted yay! You walked one dog... yay! Is that better than yesterday? (I think so) yay! Get rid of the "coulda, woulda, shoulda " thinking and life will be much nicer (says me speaking from experience). We're happy to hear from you and are here for support and encouragement. Come back often and don't feel obligated to respond to everyone. Be kind to you :smiley:

Heather - congrats on the new grandbaby!

Carey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I wear Lee relaxed fit jeans, too. DH thinks they're baggy in the rear and wanted me to get some that fit more snugly. I ended up with Lee tapered leg jeans at the recommendation of the clerk. They fit more snugly in the rear end than the relaxed fit ones. I'll wear them once in a while for DH's benefit. :laugh: If they turn out to be comfortable, I'll wear them more often. :wink:

Heather: Lovely picture of your DH and the DGKs. Congratulations on the new one coming along. :flowerforyou:

Miriam: Congratulations on the 24pound loss. You are making excellent progress! :flowerforyou:

Barbie & Becca: The forecast here says scattered showers. It is cloudy and there is a warm breeze at 10pm. We will see what tomorrow brings. Rain would be welcome. :flowerforyou:

Joyce: You and Charlie are in my prayers. I hope things stabilize and Charlie is well enough to go home soon. :heart:

Our town has a concert in the park for thirteen consecutive Thursday nights during the summer. Tonight was the final concert for the year and it was the best all year. Lots of friends and neighbors were there. In fact, it seemed like everyone in town was there, although that isn't actually true. The music was wonderful and the concert was great fun.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

August Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Am not going to be bale to read anything tonight. Charlie has had 2 episodes of TIA today. We have been in the ER all evening and they Re admitting him for observation. MRI in the AM. They don't know if this is related to Parkinson's or a true TIA also known as mini strokes. All the thoughts and prayers you can send will be gladly taken and appreciated. Love you guys.

Joyce, Indiana

We will be praying for Charlie and you! Keep us updated.

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,321 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Joyce - sending you and Charlie all my loving thoughts. You are a wonderful wife. :flowerforyou:

Mindy - you have made great progress! <3

Up early this morning. Didn't sleep too well. Had too much wine with our takeaway kebabs! I was ABSOLUTELY astounded at DDIL 's news which DS#2 dropped like a bombshell at the table.... I went hot and cold! I really had thought that I had had my final baby! She is very brave as it will have to be a third Cesarean and she is the major earner and self employed. They are saving up like mad. Baby due in March. I was of the opinion that DS#2 wasn't keen on a third, but he seems very happy. DDIL is one of three herself.
    For me it is an unexpected and amazing bonus! :bigsmile:

Margaret - I have been thinking of you and your family problems. Our children can really get to us, can't they. We care so much. I worry about DS#1 a lot, but he lives a long way away. I hope things turn around for you and him. Do you have support in the real world, a friend or organisation? :flowerforyou:

Well, have to take DH up a cup of tea. He must be exhausted! DGD is now a bundle of exuberant, self willed, fearless charm! DGS starts school next month and is interested in everything. How time flies! And now I get to have another baby to cuddle! I can hardly believe it and I am grateful.

Love Heather UK
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am a retired paralegal. I used to work for the WA State Attorney General and retired about 4 years ago. Financially it sucks but it has given me the freedom to volunteer as a reading tutor to the little ones at the boys school. I have always loved to read and hope that my work with these kids will help them throughout their lives. It's so wonderful to see them progress - especially the ones with special challenges. I feel so bad for the kids whose parents do not work with them - I want to go to each of their homes and help them.
  • GildaBF
    GildaBF Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm new here. Just started using MFP 45 days ago. Goals: 8 glasses of water. Strength training 3x week. Cardio 5x week. Little to no red meat or dairy. Lower my cholesterol. I'm 51 and got a lot going on. I figured out that now is the time to take care of myself!
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Made it through page 65. Miss one day and there are just so many posts. Will try to catch up over next few days.

Heather - I'm glad that you are back to yourself. The photo of you and your brother is great. You have such a warm and wonderful smile.

Barbie- Looks like you all had fun. I wouldn't have the courage to get up in front of a crowd.
    Oh my, your were such a little cutie.

Carol - Hugs and more hugs.

Terri - I'm thankful you have fond memories. Musical talent is such a gift and something you will enjoy all your life. Your Grandma is a wonderful role model.
    Never had to iron my hair like a lot of my friends because my hair has always been straighter than a stick.

Katla - I am going to the rodeo. I would prefer company but I always feel safe with rodeo people. There's a very good chance that I will know some of them. DS will go with me if he finishes work early enough. He loves rodeo as he was a bull rider for a short time.

Becca- It's good that your cholestrol is going in the right direction. Congrats on the 2.5 lbs being gone. I am sure that your piano playing was appreciated by all.

Mary- Happy Anniversary! Hang out the Do Not Disturb sign and we will leave you lovebirds alone.

DJ- I laughed when I saw your icon. A sense of humour is probably helpful in getting more. I think maybe Mary is the one getting SOME!

I can't really relate to the perm stories. Mom and Dad were against using anything like that on us girls. My hair was set on the pink foam rollers, the big wire rollers with the brush inside, pin curled with bobby pins. Nothing worked for my hair. Mom used to make a braid up the back of my head into the crown. Ouch. She made it as tight as she could. I blame the do for my early headaches.

Looking forward to the rodeo. Maybe my brother will stick his ride. I can't believe he is riding broncs again at this age. I tell him help the young ones but stay off. He doesn't listen. It runs in the family . lol I will also get a chance to watch his nephews in their events.

Work is a shambles. Morale is in the toilet. Waiting for boss to get back from meetings in Toronto. Some issues that need to be resolved so good thing we are having an all managers meeting tomorrow. I'd just like to be done now. Please and Thank You.

Went for a pedicure. Amazing. Love the foot bath. Love the massage. The people working there get quite a kick out of how ticklish both DD and I are. I almost go through the roof when they use the pumice stone. DGD went with us because she love it. She was not as good as usual and as suspected she fell asleep immediately after.

More asthma attacks for me. Had 2 people call in sick because of smoke. Haven't gone for a walk in days. Missing that. I need to not whine though because it is so much worse for so many people. My friends in Peachland haven't been evacuated but they have bags packed and by the door. They are having problems with boaters not getting out of the way when the water bombers are ready to fill in Lake Okanogan. People are silly.

-Sharon in Smoky Southern Alberta.