True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I've never tried poutine... mostly because I generally don't like gravy.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I just ordered a hamburger and poutine for dinner

Do you guys have chili cheese fries in Canada?
    We don't have poutine here in California

We do. I don't like it. gravy is the way to go.

Bwaht :astonished: Ppff
    Chili cheese all the way, who would use gravy
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I got a dress to wear tk a party tonight but none of our curling team is going so I decided we're not going so now I need something to wear a red dress to.

I have tons of cute little summer dresses and no dates to wear them on. whomp whomp

Shall we meet somewhere in the middle and wear out dresses out?
  • synchkat
    Options
    And i confess gravy wuth fries is the best.
    Or mayo. Yummy
  • lumenosis
    lumenosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I confess to sometimes eating almost nothing all day so I have enough calories to binge on a big mac with no sauce and chicken mcnuggets
  • synchkat
    Options
    I confess I wanted to punch someone when he offered my my burger he had already half eaten. and then he suggested we call the restaurant to tell them they got the order wrong. Um no you got it wrong idiot oh well at least there was poutine I just at that
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I confess that I can't seem to shake this "I've lost 70 pounds but I'm still fat, so why bother?" feeling. I really hate this endless middle part of a long term weight loss effort. I do look at pics from before and see that I'm a lot less fat than I was, and that helps sometimes... But ugh. I can't help but feeling like I'm doing all this work and standing in place. 90 pounds to go is significantly better than 160, but there is no end in sight and I feel stuck. And a little burnt out.
  • queenscorpio73
    queenscorpio73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have been trying to cope with anxiety that has been severe lately. Breathing exercises, camomile tea, and intermittent fasting has relieved me tremendously!
  • queenscorpio73
    queenscorpio73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ind1983 wrote: »
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    i confess i hate morning sex

+1 - Atleast let me brush my teeth first. Yuck!

After brushing the teeth of course, you must have fresh breath!

I second that!
    I love being woken up in the middle of the night, so frisky ! :blush:

I confess I love this too ;)

Ditto!
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess that I can't seem to shake this "I've lost 70 pounds but I'm still fat, so why bother?" feeling. I really hate this endless middle part of a long term weight loss effort. I do look at pics from before and see that I'm a lot less fat than I was, and that helps sometimes... But ugh. I can't help but feeling like I'm doing all this work and standing in place. 90 pounds to go is significantly better than 160, but there is no end in sight and I feel stuck. And a little burnt out.

I feel the EXACT same (although nowhere near as much of a loss as you). I think it's because I yoyo dieted and lost and put on, lost and put on, I feel like it's not real and I'll be my starting weight again tomorrow:-(
    You're doing an amazing job! 70 pounds is a loss to be super proud of. You're little one would be so proud of you, so much more energy in the long run to play and keep up with him. people like you, with yr amazing losses, inspire me to to keep going x
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options

lose 10 pounds

.... and then do it eight more times.

it's a process, not an event and nobody is looking at a calendar.

Please don't discount or negate your achievement; it's remarkable.

Thing is, everybody stumbles along the way and it's not if you stumble, it's how you respond that counts.

You're doing great.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »

I feel the EXACT same (although nowhere near as much of a loss as you). I think it's because I yoyo dieted and lost and put on, lost and put on, I feel like it's not real and I'll be my starting weight again tomorrow:-(
    You're doing an amazing job! 70 pounds is a loss to be super proud of. You're little one would be so proud of you, so much more energy in the long run to play and keep up with him. people like you, with yr amazing losses, inspire me to to keep going x

I'm that way, too, about the starting weight. I'm still 15-20 pounds above my lowest weight as an adult. It makes me feel like a huge failure that between lots of moving, depression, and pregnancy I managed to gain 100 pounds after working so hard to get to that place. I'd be at goal now if I hadn't done so much yo-yoing.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options

I'm that way, too, about the starting weight. I'm still 15-20 pounds above my lowest weight as an adult. It makes me feel like a huge failure that between lots of moving, depression, and pregnancy I managed to gain 100 pounds after working so hard to get to that place. I'd be at goal now if I hadn't done so much yo-yoing.

regret is focusing on the past and anxiety is focusing on the future

the trick is to reel it in and concentrate on the now
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Absolutely no failing in your effort. You'll get there. Depression is all consuming, physically as well as mentally. I hope you're in a better place than you were. And hindsight is the worst! I'd too be at my goal if I didn't yoyo but look at us now! We are doing it! And this time next year we'll be looking back so proud of ourselves:-)
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

lose 10 pounds

Thing is, everybody stumbles along the way and it's not if you stumble, it's how you respond that counts.

You're doing great.

Focusing on the next 5 or 10 pounds was so easy in the beginning. Focusing on it now, with 10 pounds at a time is like "I've already done this 7 times!" I even give myself little rewards along the way (usually hair color or a new book) to try to keep myself motivated... It's just not working like it used to for the last couple months.

And thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a lot.
  • FeraFilia
    Options

Absolutely no failing in your effort. You'll get there. Depression is all consuming, physically as well as mentally. I hope you're in a better place than you were. And hindsight is the worst! I'd too be at my goal if I didn't yoyo but look at us now! We are doing it! And this time next year we'll be looking back so proud of ourselves:-)

I am off medication now, and the good days significantly outnumber the bad days for sure.

This time next year my husband and I are hoping for baby #2 to be on the way.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

lose 10 pounds

You're doing great.

Yes, so much this!

You are doing awesome! 70 lbs is an incredible amount of weight to lose. There is an end in sight and you will get there. Just don't give up. We are all here cheering you on.

Ugh. You guys are making me cry. Thank you.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I confess,I have been sober since Christmas day of last year. And tonight I am 10 drinks deep.

All good things come to an end.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Me and my buddy Jack. We like to fight.

But i will still make it under my calories and macros fo,rthe day.

Because Awesomesauce.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Me and my buddy Jack. We like to fight.

Don't fight