True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Maybe look for a trainer juat starting out? Is there a college nearby that might teach this?

It's good to have good form so you're going about it rhe right way.

The only college that's not an hour plus drive away is the community college that's a half hour away, and I'm not sure they have those kind of classes. Yay living in farm town nowhere.
  • devlin1989
    devlin1989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I confess that I used to weigh 23 stone and now I'm 14 and that I get anxiety but training and trying to eat right helps
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Me and my buddy Jack. We like to fight.

Don't fight

Too late.

Jeremy 4.

Jack 0.

Tab is still open.

You don't waste time.

I do not *kitten* around with my whiskey.

A whiskey drinker too..can you be anymore perfect !
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I confess that I can't seem to shake this "I've lost 70 pounds but I'm still fat, so why bother?" feeling. I really hate this endless middle part of a long term weight loss effort. I do look at pics from before and see that I'm a lot less fat than I was, and that helps sometimes... But ugh. I can't help but feeling like I'm doing all this work and standing in place. 90 pounds to go is significantly better than 160, but there is no end in sight and I feel stuck. And a little burnt out.

Set little goals. That works for me. And hello you've already lost 70lb that's kind of amazing don't beat yourself up. Easier said than done because we all always see our faults and never see our progress but you're doing amazing. Keep up the good work

Thanks... I'm trying to focus on the little goals, but it's getting harder to do that. I've been focusing on the fitness goals to give myself a little change of pace, but the food started slacking. Pain in the butt.

What about a break from logging food. just to give yourself a little break. Still eat well but maybe take a day or two off. you're doing great with the running so perhaps a reward? I rarely log anymore because i get this feeling like you have...what's the point.

Also if you're running more you'll notice your body Changing and fat melting away. It's why I run despite having it

This is true. I took a picture at the beginning of March, and one at the end, and my waist line was much more clearly defined, even though I'd only lost 6 pounds. I am trying to push hard for just another couple months until my beach vacation... but I'm not having much success. So much for motivation, heh.

Since you're exercising you should probably start going more by measurements and how your clothes fit. Have you started adding any weights? I highly, highly recommend it.

I *really* want to... But I don't go to a gym, and I'm kind of a chicken. I don't trust myself to follow a video correctly and do the lifts without hurting myself. I have a weight bench, bars, and plates. I just don't know what I'm doing and don't want to hurt myself. I need someone to come to my house and show me how not to break myself.

Maybe use your own body weight for training & toning? Good form for push-ups, squats, lunges, planks, etc. can be found on youtube, I bet? Core workouts really get great results; when I did PiYo, my body changes were awesome! And if diet is the area proving frustrating right now, maybe just do little changes in that area too? Maybe something small like increasing water intake.. Having water with lemon first thing in the morning, and drinking 24oz before dinner or something like that? You're dedicated and your weight loss thus far is amazing! Plus, after losing so much, you continue to ask questions on what to do next or how to add something to your plan or how to stay motivated...these things show you are resilient & in it to win it. You should be so proud of yourself! :)<3
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    Options
    Me and my buddy Jack. We like to fight.

Don't fight

Too late.

Jeremy 4.

Jack 0.

Tab is still open.

Well, if you're going all in... Have one for me! Because I don't have the calories to dance with Jim tonight.

Done.

I have the calories for about 12 more shots of Jack. I'm daring not dumb.

I have tolerance for about 4 or 5 more.

Also not posting anymore here as to not endanger thread longevity.

1) If you haven't had a drink since Christmas because you were wanting to quit drinking altogether, I hope you put the bottle down :'(

2) Butttt... if thats not the case... and you are taking 4-5 more... I would like you to try the following tongue twister (FAST!) after aforementioned shots:

One smart fellow, he felt smart.
    Two smart fellows, they felt smart.
    Three smart fellows, they all felt smart.

I am such a child! :D
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I confess that I really really wish people would stop making above you threads here in chit chat.

You're right we need more dating type ones...you know the a/s/l kind
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I confess that I really really wish people would stop making above you threads here in chit chat.

But I thought this *wasn't* a dating site?! I'm so confused.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

But I thought this *wasn't* a dating site?! I'm so confused.

It's not..*wink wink* ;)
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I confess that I can't seem to shake this "I've lost 70 pounds but I'm still fat, so why bother?" feeling. I really hate this endless middle part of a long term weight loss effort. I do look at pics from before and see that I'm a lot less fat than I was, and that helps sometimes... But ugh. I can't help but feeling like I'm doing all this work and standing in place. 90 pounds to go is significantly better than 160, but there is no end in sight and I feel stuck. And a little burnt out.

Set little goals. That works for me. And hello you've already lost 70lb that's kind of amazing don't beat yourself up. Easier said than done because we all always see our faults and never see our progress but you're doing amazing. Keep up the good work

Thanks... I'm trying to focus on the little goals, but it's getting harder to do that. I've been focusing on the fitness goals to give myself a little change of pace, but the food started slacking. Pain in the butt.

What about a break from logging food. just to give yourself a little break. Still eat well but maybe take a day or two off. you're doing great with the running so perhaps a reward? I rarely log anymore because i get this feeling like you have...what's the point.

Also if you're running more you'll notice your body Changing and fat melting away. It's why I run despite having it

This is true. I took a picture at the beginning of March, and one at the end, and my waist line was much more clearly defined, even though I'd only lost 6 pounds. I am trying to push hard for just another couple months until my beach vacation... but I'm not having much success. So much for motivation, heh.

Since you're exercising you should probably start going more by measurements and how your clothes fit. Have you started adding any weights? I highly, highly recommend it.

I *really* want to... But I don't go to a gym, and I'm kind of a chicken. I don't trust myself to follow a video correctly and do the lifts without hurting myself. I have a weight bench, bars, and plates. I just don't know what I'm doing and don't want to hurt myself. I need someone to come to my house and show me how not to break myself.

Maybe use your own body weight for training & toning? Good form for push-ups, squats, lunges, planks, etc. can be found on youtube, I bet? Core workouts really get great results; when I did PiYo, my body changes were awesome! And if diet is the area proving frustrating right now, maybe just do little changes in that area too? Maybe something small like increasing water intake.. Having water with lemon first thing in the morning, and drinking 24oz before dinner or something like that? You're dedicated and your weight loss thus far is amazing! Plus, after losing so much, you continue to ask questions on what to do next or how to add something to your plan or how to stay motivated...these things show you are resilient & in it to win it. You should be so proud of yourself! :)<3

True. I do have a book with all sorts of body weight strength training exercises. I should pull that out and dust it off. I think I keep talking myself out of it because I know I'm not good at it yet (anymore), and my inner perfectionist will be grouchy.
  • synchkat
    Options

True. I do have a book with all sorts of body weight strength training exercises. I should pull that out and dust it off. I think I keep talking myself out of it because I know I'm not good at it yet (anymore), and my inner perfectionist will be grouchy.

Search YouTube there's lots of videos. I get all my exercise videos from there. It's awesome
  • FeraFilia
    Options

Search YouTube there's lots of videos. I get all my exercise videos from there. It's awesome

I used to use Fitness Blender on youtube and kettlebells for my workouts. And I can pull the videos up on the TV downstairs because I have an old Wii with a youtube channel. I really need to stop being afraid of it. And get a kettlebell or two.
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    Options

I love that you say yet. :)
    At a PD training I just had, my favorite take away, was that whenever a student says he/she can't do it, teachers should hit em with the word "yet." Every time. I love that.
  • FeraFilia
    Options

haha maybe it's cause I'm tired, but I have no idea what a/s/l stands for lol

age/sex/location

A la AOL chat rooms in the late 90s.
  • synchkat
    Options

Age/sex/location
    one of these threads popped up today.
  • FeraFilia
    Options

I love that you say yet. :)
    At a PD training I just had, my favorite take away, was that whenever a student says he/she can't do it, teachers should hit em with the word "yet." Every time. I love that.

Well, of course YET... I'm going to master all the fitness things then take over the world. That's the goal, right?

Just do it! YouTube, videos, whatever. You can thank me later. :D

I will do this, as soon as I can sit down and figure out a schedule for it. We're all about routines 'round here, mostly.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Mmmm I confess chocolate covered caramel corn is delicious
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options

a/s/l new to me too....

my mind was running filthy trying to figure it out
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

a/s/l new to me too....

haha I was thinking it must be something dirty too. But couldn't figure it out.

great minds, they damn sure do
  • FeraFilia
    Options

a/s/l new to me too....

a/s/l new to me too....

Pervs!

But I love you both anyway. (Or maybe because of it)
  • Motorsheen
    Options

a/s/l new to me too....

a/s/l new to me too....

Pervs!

But I love you both anyway. (Or maybe because of it)

either way, I'll take it!