True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I was not happy with the scale this morning, but I only have myself to blame. Sodium is the devil Bobby Boucher!
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I confess I've been in a crabby mood all day so I hugged my girls and told them how much I love them and how proud I am of them, I talked about what we've all achieved together, just the 3 of us, and now I'm pretty damn content.
  • kq1981
    edited April 2017
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I am having a serious I CAN'T EVEN moment with one of my best friends right now. I love her to pieces but she's trying to tell me what I need to do to lose weight. Not only is she more overweight than I am, she's not actively trying to lose weight right now, either. Nor has she successfully lost weight in the past since I've known her. Her advice is so much crap, and I'm too nice to point out my success an her lack thereof. :neutral:

Just smile and nod. And wen she falls back off the yoyo wagon and you've added more pounds loss to yr 71lb loss already, laugh inwardly cause u new it would happen and just think how amazing u are!
  • kq1981
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I confess i'm so desperate to get out of a friend event this coming Friday that I offered to take my mom to church. I'd rather take the torture of sitting through that sort of thing than having to listen to one of our friends criticize me, hubs and my boy and explain to me how wonderful and advanced her child is. Just her one child though because she's in private school and the other isn't. Where's the logic there

People like this drive me crazy. Urghhh. Never any logic. I just don't even try to understand the whys sometimes.
  • kq1981
    Options
    I confess I was not happy with the scale this morning, but I only have myself to blame. Sodium is the devil Bobby Boucher!

Hahahaha literally laughed out loud. Bobby is a champ.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    I confess i'm so desperate to get out of a friend event this coming Friday that I offered to take my mom to church. I'd rather take the torture of sitting through that sort of thing than having to listen to one of our friends criticize me, hubs and my boy and explain to me how wonderful and advanced her child is. Just her one child though because she's in private school and the other isn't. Where's the logic there

People like this drive me crazy. Urghhh. Never any logic. I just don't even try to understand the whys sometimes.

I should let her know her daughter got into her private school because I asked a friend for a favour. ;)
  • kq1981
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »

I should let her know her daughter got into her private school because I asked a friend for a favour. ;)

Hahaha pls take a picture of her face lol
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    For a span of about 10 years I'd confuse lupus with lycanthropy.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I confess I really really hate running but it burns so many calories I love it.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I confess,I have been sober since Christmas day of last year. And tonight I am 10 drinks deep.

All good things come to an end.

be careful with it. it's been over two months for me. i keep thinking i'll drink on the weekend, but it kinda scares me now.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    For a span of about 10 years I'd confuse lupus with lycanthropy.

I confess I can to look up "lycanthropy."
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I confess that this morning I allowed my employer sponsored wellness program (that provides my health insurance) access to my Fitbit readings. This is something normally in the past I would be extremely resistant to allow. They offered me $300 in my HSA and I really don't mind giving them the information unless they hike my insurance rates (which is going to happen regardless).

That said I am still paranoid they will use this information in a harmful or detrimental way against me (or other insured people) to justify higher premiums, deductibles, co-pays, etc.

This is the world we live in now. Big Brother and Big Skepticism. How did we get here?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I confess, it's a bit scary and un-nerving getting older. I was blessed with very good athletic skills and overall health, and probably took a lot of that for granted when it is given and things happen very easily like that. But now with my health issues, eyes fading a bit, and loss of movement like I used to, I do get scared, and honestly really mad at this body. I am working hard to cope with it, but there are more days than not I focus on the negative instead of the positive...no matter what I say.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    In twenty years I'm expecting to have cybernetic implants, if not a completely new and improved lab-grown surrogate body. :p
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I confess, it's a bit scary and un-nerving getting older. I was blessed with very good athletic skills and overall health, and probably took a lot of that for granted when it is given and things happen very easily like that. But now with my health issues, eyes fading a bit, and loss of movement like I used to, I do get scared, and honestly really mad at this body. I am working hard to cope with it, but there are more days than not I focus on the negative instead of the positive...no matter what I say.

@Timshel_ ditto

HEY YOUNGER MFP'ers!!!!! ^^^^^ Did you read this?

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth, oh, never mind
    You will never understand the power
    And the beauty of your youth until they've faded
    But trust me, in twenty years
    You will look back at photos of yourself

And recall in a way you can't grasp now
    How much possibility lay before you

I think what @Timshel_ said applies for many of us regardless of our chronological age. You get older. Things change. Growing up and getting older can hit us all at different stages.

I'm 33 and feel ancient half the time because of the physical strain I've put on myself by being so overweight for so many years. At the same time, I prefer where I am mentally over where I was 10 years ago and I'll take me at 33 over me at 23 every time. :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I confess that I hate that you can't delete a comment, only edit it.

*reply edited
  • synchkat
    Options

@Timshel_ ditto

You know what since turning 40 I have been in what is likely the best shape of my adult life, I was told by coaches I had as a kid while competitively training that I am probably a better skater at 40 than I was at 16. I have learned a new sport which I'm actually pretty good at. yes I'll never be the athlete I was but age is just a number and as it creeps up recovery might be a little slower than it was 20 or 30 years, falls might hurt a little more but I can honestly be proud of what I have accomplished with my advanced age.

I skate with people with artificial hips and knees and who are 80 or 60 and trying to better themselves and learn new things. Anything is possible. I'm sure my 62 year old friend 20 years ago wouldn't have dreams she'd be lining up beside me and skating alongside people a third her ago and keeping up.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    138shades wrote: »
    I confess I don't know what I want out of life anymore.

Should we start a club? I feel like there would be at least a couple of other members.

I'll join.

but don't make me sit in the back seat; I get carsick.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

@Timshel_ ditto

You know what since turning 40 I have been in what is likely the best shape of my adult life, I was told by coaches I had as a kid while competitively training that I am probably a better skater at 40 than I was at 16. I have learned a new sport which I'm actually pretty good at. yes I'll never be the athlete I was but age is just a number and as it creeps up recovery might be a little slower than it was 20 or 30 years, falls might hurt a little more but I can honestly be proud of what I have accomplished with my advanced age.

I skate with people with artificial hips and knees and who are 80 or 60 and trying to better themselves and learn new things. Anything is possible. I'm sure my 62 year old friend 20 years ago wouldn't have dreams she'd be lining up beside me and skating alongside people a third her ago and keeping up.

For me it's all about recovery.
    I don't heal like I used to.
    I can't put myself into high gear as frequently or as long as I used to.
    I'm not as fast as I used to be.

I played basketball this winter and hung with kids half my age. But I assure you I felt it twice as long as they did after the game was over. And I didn't have any of the pizza, beer, or late nights they had in between games.

It is what it is.