True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    I confess I find it hard to feel beautiful when people run away after I tell them about what Lupus is doing to my hair. It's just hair people, and it will grow back. I'm still the same awesome Sara that I was when I had a full head of hair.

I'm sorry people do this. It's a shame that most of us can't see past the physical and see a person for who they truly are.

Thank you. It is a shame. Men are accepted for being completely bald. And it's not like I flaunt mine. I wear hats and scarves when I'm out in public. People are so hung up on looks and appearances. We live in a shallow world.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    I confess I find it hard to feel beautiful when people run away after I tell them about what Lupus is doing to my hair. It's just hair people, and it will grow back. I'm still the same awesome Sara that I was when I had a full head of hair.

I'm sorry people do this. It's a shame that most of us can't see past the physical and see a person for who they truly are.

Thank you. It is a shame. Men are accepted for being completely bald. And it's not like I flaunt mine. I wear hats and scarves when I'm out in public. People are so hung up on looks and appearances. We live in a shallow world.

I confess, some days I really want to just say eff it and shave my head. I bet you would rock that shiznit!
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my panda pjs all day... but I did brush my hair :)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I split a dessert version of grilled cheese after lunch today... It was a glazed donut, cut in half, and grilled with mascarpone cheese, marshmallows chocolate, and 2 graham cracker squares in the middle... and it was amazing.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I have $1.67 in my checking account :#
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

when I was in college, I went on Spring Break

upon my return I had a personal net worth of .13 cents
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

@LittleHearseDriver but also a smile worth a million.......at least.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I confess I'm going back and forth with wanting to sign up for another gym (Xsports) because it has more equipment, it's cheaper and is just an overall bigger place and it's open 24/7. The problems are that it doesn't have 35 lb plates (what gym doesn't have 35 lbs plates?), only has one water fountain and it's one of those water fountains that you can only sip from and I carry around a gallon of water around with me and it's hard to refill your bottle or gallon of water. Also I tried doing overhead press on the squat rack and it seemed lower than I'm used to because I couldn't fully lock out without hitting the metal part at the top. Plus I realize it's missing some dumbbells like the 35s (they sure do hate the number 35) and I don't mean missing as in someone else is using them, I mean they literally don't have a rack for 35s and other types of dumbbells. Plus the plates are all over the place. Idk why but it's little things like these that kinda annoy me and make think otherwise. However, I may join if my gym membership goes up or I might use it as another backup gym where I can go as a guest. Knowing me, I'll tend to change my mind lol.
  • DasItMan91
    edited May 2017
    Options

I'm in a similar situation to you LOL. Sucks for us 20 something year olds.
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I confess I want to use my Moms recent and unexpected death as an excuse to eat until I gain all the weight back.
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    jajomo0118 wrote: »
    I confess I want to use my Moms recent and unexpected death as an excuse to eat until I gain all the weight back.

Please don't
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Hugs sweet friend. I know the loss is terrible but be strong :*
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options

Sorry for your loss. :'(
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »

Please don't

Hugs sweet friend. I know the loss is terrible but be strong :*

Sorry for your loss. :'(

I'm so sorry for your loss. Try to take that same grief and harness it into doing something positive that makes you feel good like maybe cardio. I know it's easier said than done, but it is always situations like head that brings out the best in me. Again, sorry for your loss, dear.

Thanks for the love all! I am actively working at not giving in to my need to eat my feelings. I think sometimes just saying it out loud is enough to help!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I confess i'm watching survivor right now, but I would of loved to be watching dirty dancing
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

I too recently lost my mom so I know how you feel. If I didn't have a great friend, who I met on here I'd be lost right now. Don't be afraid to lean on someone or ask for help to stay in check.
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options

Very, very sorry for your loss (BIG bear hugs) She would probably want you to walk straight and tall, living as happy and as healthy a life possible. Time will help ease your pain. Cut yourself some space to indulge a little, but staying focused on who and where you want to be will pull you through all the rough times. Best of all positive blessings and energies to you :*