True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    I confess I find it hard to feel beautiful when people run away after I tell them about what Lupus is doing to my hair. It's just hair people, and it will grow back. I'm still the same awesome Sara that I was when I had a full head of hair.

I'm sorry people do this. It's a shame that most of us can't see past the physical and see a person for who they truly are.

Thank you. It is a shame. Men are accepted for being completely bald. And it's not like I flaunt mine. I wear hats and scarves when I'm out in public. People are so hung up on looks and appearances. We live in a shallow world.

I confess, some days I really want to just say eff it and shave my head. I bet you would rock that shiznit!

That's what I told my dermatologist I was going to do if the injections didn't work. My mom thinks I'm crazy, but I'll do it!
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I confess I find it hard to feel beautiful when people run away after I tell them about what Lupus is doing to my hair. It's just hair people, and it will grow back. I'm still the same awesome Sara that I was when I had a full head of hair.

I confess this makes me sad and I'm sorry you have to deal with that. :(

Thank you. You get used to dealing with *kitten* after a while.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    jajomo0118 wrote: »
    I confess I want to use my Moms recent and unexpected death as an excuse to eat until I gain all the weight back.

I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong girl! Your mom will be proud of you if you stayed with your fitness goals.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    I confess i'm watching survivor right now, but I would of loved to be watching dirty dancing

I watched a little bit of it. I wasn't impressed. The original was ten times better.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    I confess if I have one more bad thing happen to me I'm just going to give up.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Giving up is no fun. I dont know what you are going through but it will get better. I thought the same thing at the end of 2015 and all through out 2016. Was told I had a spot on my lung at Christmas. Turned out to be nothing thankfully, then our house burned to the ground after the new year, lost our dog and all our belongings. When I say all I mean we took out 3 buckets of items from where the house was. Then we had a motorcycle crash. My DW was ok but I ended up with 3 broken ribs, a concussion, a broken thumb and a hip messed up. On top of all that we had to rebuild our home with me working 1400 miles away.

In the end its all worked out so dont give up. Its no fun that way.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

Giving up is no fun. I dont know what you are going through but it will get better. I thought the same thing at the end of 2015 and all through out 2016. Was told I had a spot on my lung at Christmas. Turned out to be nothing thankfully, then our house burned to the ground after the new year, lost our dog and all our belongings. When I say all I mean we took out 3 buckets of items from where the house was. Then we had a motorcycle crash. My DW was ok but I ended up with 3 broken ribs, a concussion, a broken thumb and a hip messed up. On top of all that we had to rebuild our home with me working 1400 miles away.

Wow! I'm so sorry you went through all that! I definitely would have thrown in the towel after all that. My house flooded two weeks ago, so the first floor of my house is complete construction zone and I'm doing most of the work myself to save money, and my hot water heater crapped out last night. On top of all that, I'm having to start physical therapy for my knee and I'm getting steroid injections in my head to help my hair grow back after Lupus made my body attack my hair follicles. Your experiences were worse than mine and I applaud you for being so strong through it all. I'm sure your family was a huge factor in you being so strong. I'm basically going through all of this stuff alone. My mom is in her 70's and can't get around like she used to. It's tough when you don't have the right support to keep your sanity.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have thrown my entire family under the bus. I love to bake. I love to eat what I bake. In the past 3 weeks I have baked a carrot spice cake, a cheese cake, a chocolate cheese cake, and a raspberry torte. I have given them all away. I take it over, I eat the offered piece and I leave them with the rest. I stay within my calories and what happens with the rest is beyond my control. Today is my son's birthday. I think I'll make a chocolate black out cake.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Wow! I'm so sorry you went through all that! I definitely would have thrown in the towel after all that. My house flooded two weeks ago, so the first floor of my house is complete construction zone and I'm doing most of the work myself to save money, and my hot water heater crapped out last night. On top of all that, I'm having to start physical therapy for my knee and I'm getting steroid injections in my head to help my hair grow back after Lupus made my body attack my hair follicles. Your experiences were worse than mine and I applaud you for being so strong through it all. I'm sure your family was a huge factor in you being so strong. I'm basically going through all of this stuff alone. My mom is in her 70's and can't get around like she used to. It's tough when you don't have the right support to keep your sanity.

What you are dealing with is NO small deal. Health concerns and dealing with house issues are the worst. Especially alone. Good vibes your way!!! I promise it will get better.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

What you are dealing with is NO small deal. Health concerns and dealing with house issues are the worst. Especially alone. Good vibes your way!!! I promise it will get better.

Thanks, much appreciated :smile: I don't see how things could get worse for me. It has to get better.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have $1.67 in my checking account :#

Seems much better when you are a kid than an aspiring adult.

tumblr_inline_mhrlr3FLEE1r1yr6b.gif

On the right road in tough times, you are. <3
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    IC I don't see why I'd bother putting my hands in the air if I legitimately don't care.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I confess I got lipgloss in my eye. I am prone to these kinds of incidents often.

Well...stop applying make up while driving ;):p
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I enjoy having a book collection....even if it is just Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss....
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    I confess that my life is in absolute !@#$ shambles right now.
  • projectsix
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

I am sorry to hear that. Hang in there! I know that is much easier said than done. I am feeling quite the same right now, but know that I can't let it consume me because that will only make it worse.
    Hugs to you

It's actually incredible how unstable life can get sometimes. Thanks for the hugs!
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    I confess I'm going back and forth with wanting to sign up for another gym (Xsports) because it has more equipment, it's cheaper and is just an overall bigger place and it's open 24/7. The problems are that it doesn't have 35 lb plates (what gym doesn't have 35 lbs plates?), only has one water fountain and it's one of those water fountains that you can only sip from and I carry around a gallon of water around with me and it's hard to refill your bottle or gallon of water. Also I tried doing overhead press on the squat rack and it seemed lower than I'm used to because I couldn't fully lock out without hitting the metal part at the top. Plus I realize it's missing some dumbbells like the 35s (they sure do hate the number 35) and I don't mean missing as in someone else is using them, I mean they literally don't have a rack for 35s and other types of dumbbells. Plus the plates are all over the place. Idk why but it's little things like these that kinda annoy me and make think otherwise. However, I may join if my gym membership goes up or I might use it as another backup gym where I can go as a guest. Knowing me, I'll tend to change my mind lol.

Being honest, I haven't seen 35lb plates in almost 20 years. I wouldn't let that be the deal breaker

You workout at xSports too?
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options

Life hasn't giving me a break in about a year, and at times, I find it hard to keep my head up but then I remind myself there has to be a purpose to all this and that it will not last forever. Surround yourself with people who will lift you up in these hard times. Hope things get better for you.
  • projectsix
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

Life hasn't giving me a break in about a year, and at times, I find it hard to keep my head up but then I remind myself there has to be a purpose to all this and that it will not last forever. Surround yourself with people who will lift you up in these hard times. Hope things get better for you.

<3
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Was feeling a bit down today, so I skipped my evening workout and ate half a pizza..... aaand now I feel guilty AF! :neutral: