True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    edited March 2018
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    denny_mac wrote: »
    IC, even though the Woo has been defined as "bad" or at least having a negative connotation... To me, "Woo" is good. Like, REALLY good. So that's how I use it and that's how I interpret it here.

Words have meaning, even if someone else tries to hijack it and change it.
    wp2tq380wnqk.gif

I didn't know what it was or that it was even there till someone pointed it out so half the people using it wrong isn't probably a far stretch but generally I think it's supposed to be a negative feedback like a down vote.

I only don't like it when it's on someone's selfie

I see your point for sure Teacups but put that in perspective for a minute. Someone has put themselves out there and uploaded a selfie. There's another adult (have to be for an account) who is so jealous, so angry or so butt hurt about something you've said or did that they see your pic and can't help but try and use this button to give them a false sense of power like they've hurt your feelings or something. To get back at you. :D

That's an adult doing that. I don't think it's worth debating that's stunningly hilarious.

I feel like thats a win because really, who does that? Any person can take a step back, look at that and just laugh.

I feel like MFP developers are playing a cruel joke on the dumb or something. Like they've given a firefighter a squirt gun to put out fires and tapped them on the head saying "GO GET EM TIGER"!!

I suppose but in the end someone is doing it because they don't like you. I feel like I'm not an outlier here in wanting to be liked so when I put a gif or a selfie up and it gets a bunch of woos - on a day where I'm not feeling my best - it's not nice.

I still feel bad about some woos I got on my last selfie :grimace:

Omg woo my selfie and I will stay in bed for 3 days. This face is all I got.

I do totally see your point, I do but all 3 of you are beautiful inside and out. You know that. This creates jealousy out of success. There's not a single reason any normal adult should be behaving like that. That's nothing short of pathetic and if they are, it's probably jealousy. That should feel like a win, honestly.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    IC, even though the Woo has been defined as "bad" or at least having a negative connotation... To me, "Woo" is good. Like, REALLY good. So that's how I use it and that's how I interpret it here.

Words have meaning, even if someone else tries to hijack it and change it.
    wp2tq380wnqk.gif

I didn't know what it was or that it was even there till someone pointed it out so half the people using it wrong isn't probably a far stretch but generally I think it's supposed to be a negative feedback like a down vote.

I only don't like it when it's on someone's selfie

I see your point for sure Teacups but put that in perspective for a minute. Someone has put themselves out there and uploaded a selfie. There's another adult (have to be for an account) who is so jealous, so angry or so butt hurt about something you've said or did that they see your pic and can't help but try and use this button to give them a false sense of power like they've hurt your feelings or something. To get back at you. :D

That's an adult doing that. I don't think it's worth debating that's stunningly hilarious.

I feel like thats a win because really, who does that? Any person can take a step back, look at that and just laugh.

I feel like MFP developers are playing a cruel joke on the dumb or something. Like they've given a firefighter a squirt gun to put out fires and tapped them on the head saying "GO GET EM TIGER"!!

I suppose but in the end someone is doing it because they don't like you. I feel like I'm not an outlier here in wanting to be liked so when I put a gif or a selfie up and it gets a bunch of woos - on a day where I'm not feeling my best - it's not nice.

I still feel bad about some woos I got on my last selfie :grimace:

Omg woo my selfie and I will stay in bed for 3 days. This face is all I got.

Ladies... Most people think the Woo button is good, at least when they first see it! You have to actively look for information that gives it a negative meaning. Isn't all of this just what we choose to make of it in our minds? Why not think of that button as someone expressing that they REALLY like your selfie, when it gets Woo'ed? Wouldn't that feel better?

I have a lot of unpopular opinions, a sense of humor that is questionable at best and believe it or not, I can get downright snarky when all the stars align. Ok like two stars. As it were, sometimes, regardless of what I say, kind or unkind, there are some people out there that have such hard feelings about me, they will woo my post. My personality is such that you either love me or hate me, there is no in between. Personality I can alter. I cannot, however, change my face. Woo something I think is funny and you don’t all day long. Don’t woo my god damn face.

You’re my favorite.
  • caco_ethes
    Aww you guys are going to given me a swollen head. Thank you!

It’s only fair they return the favor :smirk:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

This really is a hanging curveball, isn't it?
  • caco_ethes

It’s only fair they return the favor :smirk:

Wait. What? "They"? Don't you mean "We"?

I don’t have the proper anatomy :grimace:
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    If life is a game, I will not win.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,555 Member
    edited March 2018
    Wow march has really beat the *kitten* out of me
  • caco_ethes

It’s almost over boo
  • CaptainFantastic01

It’s almost over boo

Avengers comes out next month so
  • CaptainFantastic01
    MrSith wrote: »

19sr0oafu96f.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    MrSith wrote: »

I think it's more of an adventure.

I see it more as a practical joke.

..... a cruel and unforgiving one.
  • projectsix
    I confess I got a smidge drunk last night and ordered Dominos with triple cheese on it. And by a smidge drunk I mean, I passed out where the guy had to call me to wake me up at the door.

I stayed up and ate the whole thing obviously but I had to put in an hour of cardio to calm the one down on the left side of my shoulder.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I confess I got a smidge drunk last night and ordered Dominos with triple cheese on it. And by a smidge drunk I mean, I passed out where the guy had to call me to wake me up at the door.

I stayed up and ate the whole thing obviously but I had to put in an hour of cardio to calm the one down on the left side of my shoulder.

I drunk ate taco bell this weekend :'(o:)
  • projectsix

I drunk ate taco bell this weekend :'(o:)

But at the time it was soooo good yes? This was a first for me, if you ever get Dominos, I don't even know how much it was extra but get the triple cheese.