True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• StellaBTwitch
    StellaBTwitch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm not even a fraction as confident as I act. When I work out, if I glance in the mirror, I start crying, because looking at myself, I hear my Ex-husband's voice telling me that it doesn't matter what I do, I'll never be good enough.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    FlamCake wrote: »
    I confess I'm not even a fraction as confident as I act. When I work out, if I glance in the mirror, I start crying, because looking at myself, I hear my Ex-husband's voice telling me that it doesn't matter what I do, I'll never be good enough.

*kitten* him and all the lies he used to feed you. He was trying to hold you back, don't let him win. Keep going sunshine.
  • mcbeanstr
    mcbeanstr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is quite embarrassing but a few years ago while I was still in Uni I decided to try and change myself and get healthy so I went and got a membership at a gym. 6 months fully paid up and hired a trainer. I didn't last long at all I did 1 session on a Saturday iirc and afterwards I couldn't take the pain I felt in my elbows it was seriously excruciating. It made sleeping through that weekend unbearable.

Well here's the confession I told the trainer I wasn't interested anymore and never set foot in that gym ever again. How humiliating I felt years later cannot be put into words :'(
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I hate this fcking day
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    today is dragging by...zzzzzzz
  • StellaBTwitch
    StellaBTwitch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    All of the kind words really mean a lot to me, thank you so much, guys.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Big huge hugs sweetie. I don't know how you do what you do.
    :( (((hugs))))

*hugs* I just needed to get that off my chest.

I lost a close friend that way, who I think intended to be found in time, but it didn't work that way.

I think if people could see how deeply it affects the people they love, they would never do it.

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess when I get off work I'm going to have a long, hard cry and finish off the rest of the Halo Top in my freezer.

At the funeral home, we've taken care of 3 suicides in two weeks. I don't realize how much it affects me until a random thought triggers something inside me and leaves me in a sobbing mess.

One of the services we have tomorrow is for a 37 year old woman who shot herself because she was having an affair with a married man and lost her job the day before. When we picked her up at the hospital, her 11 year old son was begging her to wake up. It breaks my heart to see the people left behind struggling to figure out what they could have done to prevent this.

I hate how suicide passes the pain along to someone else instead of ending it like the deceased thought it would do. I hate that that little boy is going to grow up wondering why his mom didn't want to see him grow into a man. I hate everything about suicide.

This made me cry, especially the last paragraph.

Thank you from those of us who have had to say goodbye to someone who thought it best to end it to those of you that make them look like themselves as we grieve and say those final goodbyes.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    I dislike the silent cowards here that "awesome" "like" and otherwise support clear attacks on other members. I think mfp should list awesomes etc. let's see how brave these little folks are...

Same with the flaggers

Yep. Never flag something out of spite of personal agenda. Supposed to be adults on here...

p.s. we are elite mouth only PP'S.. keep it up!
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess when I get off work I'm going to have a long, hard cry and finish off the rest of the Halo Top in my freezer.

At the funeral home, we've taken care of 3 suicides in two weeks. I don't realize how much it affects me until a random thought triggers something inside me and leaves me in a sobbing mess.

One of the services we have tomorrow is for a 37 year old woman who shot herself because she was having an affair with a married man and lost her job the day before. When we picked her up at the hospital, her 11 year old son was begging her to wake up. It breaks my heart to see the people left behind struggling to figure out what they could have done to prevent this.

I hate how suicide passes the pain along to someone else instead of ending it like the deceased thought it would do. I hate that that little boy is going to grow up wondering why his mom didn't want to see him grow into a man. I hate everything about suicide.

This made me cry, especially the last paragraph.

Thank you from those of us who have had to say goodbye to someone who thought it best to end it to those of you that make them look like themselves as we grieve and say those final goodbyes.

It's sad on both ends...sad to see the desperation and efforts of trying to ecscape personal pain that others might know about on the outside other than the obvious...sad to see the chaos they've then created for others when they choose to claim their lives
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Such terrible loss..poor boy ..and hugs darlin, I can only imagine how difficult your job is.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I confess that my life is in absolute !@#$ shambles right now.

Im sorry ..hope things improve quickly
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess that when I get a new FR I go check out who their other friends are to see if I can determine what type of a person they are and see if it appears they have ulterior motives

Absolutely. .me too .. :)