True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    In before the Woos, you're not that funny.
  • projectsix
    edited March 2018
    Also while we're spilling the beans I also confess I'm such a messy glutton and I've eaten so much food at my computer I have to edit half my posts from all the typos caused from the food in my keyboard.

Edit: It's more like 70%.
  • projectsix
    denny_mac wrote: »
    IC, even though the Woo has been defined as "bad" or at least having a negative connotation... To me, "Woo" is good. Like, REALLY good. So that's how I use it and that's how I interpret it here.

Words have meaning, even if someone else tries to hijack it and change it.
    wp2tq380wnqk.gif

I didn't know what it was or that it was even there till someone pointed it out so half the people using it wrong isn't probably a far stretch but generally I think it's supposed to be a negative feedback like a down vote.
  • projectsix
    Also while we're spilling the beans I also confess I'm such a messy glutton and I've eaten so much food at my computer I have to edit half my posts from all the typos caused from the food in my keyboard.

Edit: It's more like 70%.

i just ate a flakie with my head handing out the window so i wouldnt make a mess. i cant judge you.

Plus the thread title says no judgement and you're not a law breaker.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I confess the "Woo" button on my posts gives me an odd sense of satisfaction of joy because I know that at the very least that many people are butt hurt over my post. It's literally the greatest feature ever implemented on the forums. :#

I don't typically enjoy the feeling of hurting someone's feelings (truth) but seeing an actual visual representation of 'butt hurt' makes me feel oddly happy. Like I'm winning because somehow I've posted something that has created an adult temper tantrum and I don't feel even the least bit sorry.

It almost brings out the inner troll in me like I want to start *kitten* people off to feed the Woo monster! :dizzy:

It's a slippery slope!

Ugh. I hate being woo’d. It’s like being sneered at. I never woo posts. And I know that by even mentioning this, my future posts (and this one) will get woo’d. Hrmph
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I confess the "Woo" button on my posts gives me an odd sense of satisfaction of joy because I know that at the very least that many people are butt hurt over my post. It's literally the greatest feature ever implemented on the forums. :#

I don't typically enjoy the feeling of hurting someone's feelings (truth) but seeing an actual visual representation of 'butt hurt' makes me feel oddly happy. Like I'm winning because somehow I've posted something that has created an adult temper tantrum and I don't feel even the least bit sorry.

It almost brings out the inner troll in me like I want to start *kitten* people off to feed the Woo monster! :dizzy:

It's a slippery slope!

Ugh. I hate being woo’d. It’s like being sneered at. I never woo posts. And I know that by even mentioning this, my future posts (and this one) will get woo’d. Hrmph

opbk6k14d7t6.gif
    I'm not even sorry. I had to.

Punk
  • projectsix
    edited March 2018
    IC, even though the Woo has been defined as "bad" or at least having a negative connotation... To me, "Woo" is good. Like, REALLY good. So that's how I use it and that's how I interpret it here.

wp2tq380wnqk.gif

I didn't know what it was or that it was even there till someone pointed it out so half the people using it wrong isn't probably a far stretch but generally I think it's supposed to be a negative feedback like a down vote.

I only don't like it when it's on someone's selfie

I see your point for sure Teacups but put that in perspective for a minute. Someone has put themselves out there and uploaded a selfie. There's another adult (have to be for an account) who is so jealous, so angry or so butt hurt about something you've said or did that they see your pic and can't help but try and use this button to give them a false sense of power like they've hurt your feelings or something. To get back at you. :D

That's an adult doing that. I don't think it's worth debating that's stunningly hilarious.

I feel like thats a win because really, who does that? Any person can take a step back, look at that and just laugh.

I feel like MFP developers are playing a cruel joke on the dumb or something. Like they've given a firefighter a squirt gun to put out fires and tapped them on the head saying "GO GET EM TIGER"!!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    I confess that I still like Rick Astley. <3
  • caco_ethes

wp2tq380wnqk.gif

I see your point for sure Teacups but put that in perspective for a minute. Someone has put themselves out there and uploaded a selfie. There's another adult (have to be for an account) who is so jealous, so angry or so butt hurt about something you've said or did that they see your pic and can't help but try and use this button to give them a false sense of power like they've hurt your feelings or something. To get back at you. :D

That's an adult doing that. I don't think it's worth debating that's stunningly hilarious.

I feel like thats a win because really, who does that? Any person can take a step back, look at that and just laugh.

I feel like MFP developers are playing a cruel joke on the dumb or something. Like they've given a firefighter a squirt gun to put out fires and tapped them on the head saying "GO GET EM TIGER"!!

I suppose but in the end someone is doing it because they don't like you. I feel like I'm not an outlier here in wanting to be liked so when I put a gif or a selfie up and it gets a bunch of woos - on a day where I'm not feeling my best - it's not nice.

I still feel bad about some woos I got on my last selfie :grimace:
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member

wp2tq380wnqk.gif

I suppose but in the end someone is doing it because they don't like you. I feel like I'm not an outlier here in wanting to be liked so when I put a gif or a selfie up and it gets a bunch of woos - on a day where I'm not feeling my best - it's not nice.

You got woo'd on a selfie?! Jerks...
  • caco_ethes

wp2tq380wnqk.gif

Omg woo my selfie and I will stay in bed for 3 days. This face is all I got.

Ladies... Most people think the Woo button is good, at least when they first see it! You have to actively look for information that gives it a negative meaning. Isn't all of this just what we choose to make of it in our minds? Why not think of that button as someone expressing that they REALLY like your selfie, when it gets Woo'ed? Wouldn't that feel better?

I don’t know about the other one but I’m irrationally vulnerable when I put myself out there. Also we’re both so ridiculously humble that we naturally assume the worst
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

It's a slippery slope!

Hug.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Woo hurts my feelings every time and confuses me because typically everything I post is brilliant

Hugz
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    i hit the woo button as a good thing. :(:(:(:(
  • caco_ethes
    I get woo'd all the time.

Wow, look how much difference a little apostrophe can make.

Anyway, I don't pay attention to it and I don't use it anymore. I used to use it exclusively, like some jerks use insightful, but I've abandoned that after the changes and the daily boring debate.

Now...
    kropax5ttl7e.jpg

The difference an apostrophe makes :lol::lol:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

wp2tq380wnqk.gif

Omg woo my selfie and I will stay in bed for 3 days. This face is all I got.

That's better then me. People I don't even know PM me to tell me they will woo me if I post a selfie.