WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Well it is Wednesday and I am so mad at myself. I went to eating anything and everything most the last week. I need to find another way to deal with stress. Then Monday evening DH and I were out walking by the lake and I fell. I heard my knee pop at least four times. It sure is sore and walking is not fun. So of course this morning when we weighed in I am up 2 pounds. I have to stop eating back my exercise calories. Today is a new day and a new start.

Becca--Hugs, it is not easy not seeing our children for whatever reason.

maeadair--Thanks for sharing, that is what we are here for. Sounds like you have been thru a lot. Take it One Day at a time.

Joyce--Glad you have had this time with family to get some rest. Things will take some getting used to. Please take care of yourself. Know we are here for you anytime you need us. I know this is hard and not what you had planned. Hugs and prayers.

Michelle--I understand why you are upset about them being late, A phone call would of been nice.

Beth--Sending hugs and prayers. Glad to hear somethings got done.

Heather--Sending prayers for DDIL and pray that she feels better soon. It was good that you could stay with the little ones, how scary.

Yvonnie--I love the green apple gatorade. I have been putting it on ice and taking with us when we walk. As hot as it has been it sure is good.

Maryann--I just got a hulu hoop last week and finding out it is more work then I expected, but fun. DGD just laughs at me.

Gloria?WA--Sending Hugs and prayers.

Cheri--Thanks for the wise words and so true.

Janetr--Hope nice of you to help your friend out by making some extra meals. You are such a good person and friend.

Kim--Thanks for the smile, I can see hosing the baby down. He tried.

Well I am caught up to page 19 so will be back tomorrow. Going to try and walk the dogs this evening, see how my knee does. Have a good night ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND-NE
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie and DJ for the welcome back.

Lisa you just had me shaking my head with all those tangled webs! It's a good example of why talking to each other is the only way to gain information. Hell, anybody can look good on paper and make a good impression to be sure. Seems like people's references don't tell the whole truth neither. Ug!

It's 105 today so no walking for me. I'll do some stretching and swim later.

Rosie from So Cal climbing back on my horse towards weight loss
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Rita – Rugby is nothing like baseball. Much more like the US version of football. Less padding. More violent (in my opinion). 15 players for each team are on the field. There are two 40 minute halves with a 10 min break between the halves. Play stops after 80 min. of playing. None of this stopping the clock during play or going into a tie breaker stuff. <snort> Nothing quite like a non-sports minded person trying to describe a sport to someone.

My best friend’s son plays rugby so I have gotten to see one whole game and hear many descriptions of plays he has made.

Mia in MI

September goals:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Weigh and measure all food that I prepare at home
    Get at least 15 min per day of aerobic exercise
    64 oz. water (or what counts as water for my program) daily
    [/color
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Dad is looking worse before getting better. s3kgkj19gakv.jpg
    Resting, applying ice, yet still smiling
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,897 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Horses are fed and I have done my weights so things are looking good. Beautiful day today so will try to get outside and get some things done around the gazebo this afternoon.

Becca - Happy Anniversary!!

Sylvia - Beautiful necklace on a beautiful lady. Hope DS is doing better.

Terri - Another vote for arnica. It really helps bruises heal more quickly.

Heather - Hope you hear soon from DDIL and results are good.

Katla - continued safe journey.

Lisa - Got to love those soap operas.

Joyce - Hang in there and try not to get hijacked by those brownies again, lol.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mia - have so much fun on your vacation. How long will you be gone.

Vicki- thank you for the kind words. I learned years ago you have to be a good friend to have good friends. I'm definitely a people person. That's why I love this group of caring, sharing ladies.

Terri - your poor dad, hope he doesn't feel as bad as it looks.

I have the cooking done and the motor home loaded, except a very few last minute items that I carry in a bag with me when we get in to go. We will leave bright and early in the morning. My new glasses came in this morning so I went and got them. I was so hoping they would be here before we left. The difference in my sight is terrific. I can actually see the computer and read my tablet with them. The old ones were never right and I would take them off and put on cheapy reading glasses to read anything. What a pain. I should have made them fix them when I first got them. I'll have my tablet on the road and have mobile wifi so I'll be checking in. You won't even know I'm not at home lol

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,743 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my news is Levi has been limping off and on for 3-5 days, for those not in the “know” he is a 3 year old English SPRINGER Spaniel – high activity loves to run jump chase… we went to the vet this am with me carrying him --- Good news not fatal, no surgery, Bad news a serious Iliopsoas strain (that’s a groin area muscle) - 2 weeks with no walking, no ball playing, no squirrel chasing… so he will be a nut case and he’s the reason, motivation, excuse for the walking exercise I get…. Oh Sh** now what? I’ll have to figure out how to walk alone, and it will tear my heart out to leave for a walk and leave him behind.

This is so MINOR compared to so much so many of you all are going through but it is my life hiccup at the moment, so it seems so important.

Sylvia – great NSV beautiful necklace, and a pretty darn good looking neck too!

Penny – love the view!!!

Lisa – wow I felt like I needed to map that out!! LOL

Heather - I take on those tasks by breaking them into little parts, answer 4 questions or read ½ of a page…then a break.

Joyce – you, Lisa, Heather and Janet (did I miss another authors) should write a dieting book…

Heather – I am loving the Great British Bake off, here it is on Sunday at 7pm

September Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles
    Log everyday –
    Twice a week do floor exercises
    Weekly fun things –
    W1 –
    W2 – went hiking
    W3 –
    W4 –
    W5 -
    Kim from N. California
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    It's my first weeks weighing today. Although I've been logging for some time, I was not full on with the mfp program and did not weigh ...well last week enough was enough...I was tired of each month nothing major happening on my clothing sizes, so I broke out an old and sometimes wonky scale. ( my dh swears it's 30 pounds off ...are you kidding me. ? ). Anyways, it's a dial type scale and if I wiggle or step differently sometimes it's different reading. WELL, after getting on and off the darn thing 10 or so times....I've lost an Amazing 8 pounds ? !!

Susan, Hoping the scale is right, MN

Where in Minnesota???? Had a great lunch with mary n Margaret!!!!!! So much in common!! Minnesota women rock!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - not only is that a beautie of a necklace, but you have visible collarbones ! It's a Win Win in my book !
    Loved the 360 view of the town.... Where is this exactly? ( forgive me, I'm new :)

So ladies, what is the deal about " eating your exercise calories." I don't have the advanced version of MFP, so I don't have the other options. Could someone explain why you would or wouldn't eat those calories ? Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Susan MN
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, the necklace looks lovely with your collarbones!

Terri, your dad's face looks like it hurts. He is a good looking guy in spite of the owie!

I spent hours pulling weeds today, both at home and at my son's potential apartment. Tonight I sing for my supper- the first choir meeting of the year. Our director puts on a lovely spread, and then we practice for the first Sunday. We only sing twice a month so it isn't too burdensome. I started when my older girl wanted to sing in the choir, to help her and encourage her. She loves it, and is the only child singing.
    nf0vr6k4kwh6.jpg
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am behind her.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,101 Member
    Options
    Great get together with Gayle and Mary. Great to meet in person!
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Miriam - wonderful pic, thanks so much. Wish it had audio. :)

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was so excited to meet with Margaret and Gayle that time flew by! We were having such a good time! 7zvuw5igdiec.jpg

Margaret, Mary and Gayle

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Gayle - Outside of Bemidji. My son is at UMN...next time I go down to visit I will be sure to holler at you guys. I don't see him often, because he is so busy.

Susan MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,743 Member
    Options
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I was so excited to meet with Margaret and Gayle that time flew by! We were having such a good time! 7zvuw5igdiec.jpg

Margaret, Mary and Gayle

Mary from Minnesota

I am so glad to see this picture! I am from Minneapolis originally and my family lives there. My two favorite aunts live in NE Minneapolis...their names are "Gayle" and "Mary Margaret". Just thought it was kind of ironic!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Margaret, Mary and Gayle

Mary from Minnesota

I am so glad to see this picture! I am from Minneapolis originally and my family lives there. My two favorite aunts live in NE Minneapolis...their names are "Gayle" and "Mary Margaret". Just thought it was kind of ironic!

Too funny!!! Love ne it's the new in place for Minneapolis!! When you come to visit let us know. Gayle Minneapolis
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    So ladies, what is the deal about " eating your exercise calories." I don't have the advanced version of MFP, so I don't have the other options. Could someone explain why you would or wouldn't eat those calories ? Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Susan MN

Some people use the exercise calories they "earn" to up their calorie allowance for the day. I tend not to eat back my exercise calories, it's just a personal choice, as I am mostly able to get by on my 1300 calorie allowance each day. If you have Premium MFP can can turn on the ability to have these calories not added to your daily balance. With regular MFP you simply subtract back out the added exercise calories to "not eat them back".

Hope that helps.

Cheri Ne Ohio