WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I have a very busy weekend planned. My son and his wife and daughter and her husband are staying up at our house. And the fur babies! Do you remember my elliptical bike? Well I can't write it but my husband can! He has no fear it I'm a little chicken!2uwbbd5zopti.jpg
    b7pfeifuzvq2.jpg
    hnqjrm1s1xwi.jpg
    We walk to breakfast and then had a bloody Mary in town! Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Mary - I so wanted to get one of these !! I looked up on YouTube ages ago , looked like a great exercise

Sue MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Linda: So sorry to hear of the loss of your corporate colleagues. My 9/11 memory is quite visceral. I was about 50 blocks north of the WTC, in our corporate headquarters at 5th and 37th. Watched everything unfold live from the 16th floor, and will always remember the sound of a room full of women screaming as the second plane hit. Walking outside we felt the soot and ash hit us and smelled air full of smoke, acid and lord knows what. Then, when the city went into lockdown, the challenge became how to get out of New York and back home to worried loved ones. It took us 3 days to locate a rental van, and another 2 days to drive to Atlanta, where as we pulled into the city limits, the planes were starting to take off again. Travel hasn't been the same since. Safety is a myth in my mind. All we can do is watch out for each other.

Exactly a week ago I toured the 9/11 Museum. Linda, I recommend it for you as you will see mention of Marsh McLellan. The are many artifacts that were found on the site, and many recorded voices of people who escaped the buildings before the collapse. So, so stirring.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Rori - Wow! I think everyone has a story from that day, but to be right in the midst of things must have been quite emotional. Usually, when I traveled to New York, it was to visit those offices in World Trade II but we were visiting a client that day. We were lucky to have a rental car so we were able to drive back to IA. Thank you for sharing your story. <3

Linda/IA

• NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    It's been a frustrating week for my hubby. He ended traveling back to see his mother who lives a couple of hours away from. She is a Sprite !!! 87 years, 90 pounds lives alone, have had some strokes that has caused some memory language issues but she still knows how to cuss us out... That's the stubborn Bohunk in her.....anyways - her home health aide took the weekend off, so hubby's brother was supposed to fill in. Apparently he didn't do what he was supposed to do. Even her home health aide didn't show for Monday shift as promised. So on Tuesday , this aide found her totally out of sorts and not wanting anything to do with the aide or anyone else but my hubby......Not a good deal. It's been a tough week for all of us emotionally . Should she be in a home ? Yes probably .... Does my hubby want to make that decision ? .... No.....her doctor says she is in her comfort zone at home and as long as we have care stopping in daily for meds and to make sure she eats the meals that are delivered should be good situation.. That conversation was a year ago and I see her less and less remembering. It's a tough one ladies . So my mantra has not only been, I will not eat my emotions, but stay out of the middle .!

Sue living the sand which generation daily MN

Sue - I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and I completely understand how hard it can be. My hubby had to make the hard decision to move his parents into assisted living last spring and they have both progressed to a point where they are in the care center now. MIL has Alzheimer's and FIL's memory is also fading. It's hard to watch those you love suffer whether it is the in-laws themselves or our hubby's who have to cope with their parents suffering. ((((hugs))))

Linda/IA
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    We r heremlxhqs7tcwsp.jpg
    2nv8milbjzf7.jpg

iimfuh1h6w4i.jpg
    kanlm7evs80o.jpg
    3uu9spa6o4ko.jpg

Renovo Bikes are built in Portland Oregon!! Woot! have a nice time in your JetStream and biking!
  • Annr
    Options
    Did I tell all of you that on Wednesday I had lost 3.50 lbs, at the TOPS weigh-in?? I don't think I did. I go in to the weight room with our two new weight recorders. I stand on the scale and one says "lost 3.50"....the other one is writing....so I timidly say, "yeah me"..... I miss my two ladies that seemed to give a daymn, and were excited when you would lose. I suppose they are just trying to do everything right, but still. I will just have to have my own cheering squad of myself, my husband and you all :-)
    Becca
    Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Posting my finished c2c (corner to corner) afghan. I still want to put a border on it.

ssm0m88xm2ac.jpg
    sqefpo19f3qa.jpg

Cheri feeling accomplished in NE Ohio :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    To all the fine ladies who are struggling with their relationships and feeling alone. My heart goes out to you all. You have found a safe place here with this group, which I think is incredibly amazing .
    Sue. MN. fn04f5dhi1lc.jpg

LOVE this poster! Thank you for sharing. I am currently dealing with how I am being treated by choosing to react in a loving manner.

Cheri in rainy NE Ohio
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Mary - I so wanted to get one of these !! I looked up on YouTube ages ago , looked like a great exercise

Sue MN

My husband says boy is it ever a workout! You're wore out after 10 to 15 minutes of riding!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Posting my finished c2c (corner to corner) afghan. I still want to put a border on it.

ssm0m88xm2ac.jpg
    sqefpo19f3qa.jpg

Cheri feeling accomplished in NE Ohio :)

Awesome job!!! It's beautiful!!!
    Becca
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Did I tell all of you that on Wednesday I had lost 3.50 lbs, at the TOPS weigh-in?? I don't think I did. I go in to the weight room with our two new weight recorders. I stand on the scale and one says "lost 3.50"....the other one is writing....so I timidly say, "yeah me"..... I miss my two ladies that seemed to give a daymn, and were excited when you would lose. I suppose they are just trying to do everything right, but still. I will just have to have my own cheering squad of myself, my husband and you all :-)
    Becca
    Oregon

"Yeah you"!!!!!! You go girl!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    evening chica's , Pip here is hoping both you and Kirby have a fantastic ride... we will be routing for you!!!!
    well got about 8,000 steps today and the lasst few days have just bben shoveling junk in my mouth I dont know what is the matter with me..
    Joyce- thinking of you and Charlie and hope he is getting the care he needs and that you are taking care of yourself.
    i am working tomorrow until noon. then i dont know what the plan is..
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    ((((hugs)))) Tracie. Your story was neither boring, TMI, or too long. It touched my heart. I'm so sorry for what you have had to deal with and continue to deal with on a daily basis. I hope that through it all you have had a strong, uplifting and loving support group. It's stories like this that make me realize how truly blessed I am and why I need to continue on my journey to a healthy lifestyle. My bad knees may keep me from doing things that I would like to but have nothing to do with whether I survive or not. Your story reminded me that but for the Grace of God go I. Come back often. You will get support, motivation, and a swift kick to the bootskee when needed.

<3 Gloria in unseasonably warm WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Becca
    Oregon

Yup they were built in Oregon! That's over 5k u r looking at!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Cheri, beautiful!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Annr - glad for your loss!!!!!!!!! U go girl!!!!!!
  • Annr
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Pip- Oh yep I can see the high end craftmanship!!! We Oregonians know our woods!!!

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Pip, does your husband say, "I have a woody"
    hahahahaha
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Cheri gorgeous afghan.

Mary love the picture of you with your family. Sounds like a great time.

Becca great job on weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: MNMargaret