WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    DJ - it's. AS IS , but the solicitors ask the daftest questions! :sad: It really is not loveable. I have to leave it empty and reasonably clean. With a lightbulb in each socket. I just worry the buyer will pull out.
    Weirdly there is a huge TV in there with sky box etc that I didn't put there. :/

Katla - good for you for deciding to rest. I'm sure you have plenty to do. :flowerforyou:

Cynthia - my knee was really terrible, but losing weight has helped it enormously. I do strengthening exercises every day. My problem was a misaligned patella.

DH has made a lamb and flageolets stew for dinner as I thought I would be out for longer. It's one of our standards for around 375 calories. :D

• janetr7476
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Heather - Good job on not eating things you shouldn't when out alone. Very hard for me too, glad you let "us" be your conscience.

Mary in MN - Wow, gorgeous pics. Makes me wonder what the heck I'm doing living in Oklahoma. Have to say it's about the last place I thot I would live, but there ya go :) Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    terri_mom wrote: »
    Pip - Gentle Hugs :'( Take the pain meds on time, and let Kirby spoil you. :D

Good advice!

Mary from Minnesota
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Healing thoughts, Pip! I hope you got good pain meds...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Pip - <3<3<3

Heather UK
  • janetr7476
    edited September 2015
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    m home, i hurt

I'm glad you're home, sorry you hurt. Hang in there, take drugs, rest. Not necessarily in that order.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome home, Pip! Thanks for letting us know you're home and doing okay. :heart:
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    m home, i hurt

((( hugs ))) <3

Linda/IA

• janetr7476
    Options
    IrishTerri - I also did well with my right knee replacement. I went to the docs for my two week check up with no walking aid of any sort. He told me I needed to show the young people how it was done. I just did well, and for sure everyone is different. I'm hope this one goes as well as the first, if so I will breeze thru it and be back to water aerobics in six weeks.

Janetr OKC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Pip ... Glad you're home! ❤️ Take it easy!

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Maryann and Mary thanks for sharing the pictures.

Pip healing thoughts.

Heather love the pictures of your grandchildren. They are darling.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Pip, I'm hoping for quick healing!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Heather - Good job on not eating things you shouldn't when out alone. Very hard for me too, glad you let "us" be your conscience.

Mary in MN - Wow, gorgeous pics. Makes me wonder what the heck I'm doing living in Oklahoma. Have to say it's about the last place I thot I would live, but there ya go :) Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC

Thanks! Although I think I would trade places with you especially in the winter time!

Pip-I hope you have really good pain meds! (((hugs)))

Mary from Minnesota
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just yelled at one of my charges. He's eighteen and grandson of a very dear friend who lives in a senior center hence he was homeless as his parents are drug addicts and his foster mother booted him at eighteen. He has an older brother who is here to and a foster brother who just moved in bc I have a really big old house w lots of empty rooms. About once every other week I ask for him to mow the lawn as he is jobless and his brothers pay rent sixty per week per kid. His birthday was yesterday and against my repeated advice my daughter his girlfriend gave him a used game system. I know what happens to unmotivated kids with game systems. Even worse she had my credit card and called for permission to put fifteen dollars on it...AND bc she spent ALL her money till Oct 2 on this stupid thing she ran out of gas on the way home and a tank went on my card too. Needless to say they have no grocery money. So they did errands for me yesterday and I let them charge a twelve pack of soda and the little mooch drank the whole thing in one night! When they brought the system I last night I stopped him in front of everyone and said. This is my home. If I find that u are ignoring me or skipping work. He just started yesterday I will take this thing and destroy it. Controlling ik. Well the little *kitten* ignored me all day about the mowing even w two nags! So I barged into their room and took the controller. He said WOW like I did an unreasonable thing and tried to say he was planning on mowing in the dark. I LOST it and called him a LOSER. I am very angry but truly disappointed in myself. Can anyone comment and either back me or if the truth is that I'm an ogre in your opinion please be honest. I would certainly like some clarity. HHHHEEEELLLLPPPP!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    mtownwe002
    Feel your pain. You did the right thing in taking away game. I know how hard it is to do it calmly. You followed through on what you told him. It is choices that are getting him into trouble. Motivating someone who doesn't want to be motivated is a very frustrating task. We are in that boat with DS#1. How do we help without enabling?
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dj and Vivian for the encouragement.
    Pip follow Dr. orders take your meds as prescribed not the way you think should be done. To many wait as long as they can before taking there meds then there in a lot of pain.
    Well for me guess I had a fair day did some walking around arena ice surface then went for 45 min. of aerobic exercise. Eating wasn't bad. Still need to post my super hopefully i'm under calorie intake.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Before and after
    jq1fjyyizkua.jpg
    araweiwfj0q13.jpg
  • mtowne002
    Options
    Omg I'm totally crying now. I just checked my cell Cuz I hadn't received any calls today and found out it had its volume turned down! I missed two calls from work called them back stupidly wondering whether they needed me to come in for someone and I HAD MISSED MY SHIFT! Omg I love my job! I wrote it on the wrong day on the calendar! They said they were surprised and got someone to cover for me and not to come in and I would have to have a conversation with my boss. I immaturely burst into tears on the phone cuz this was two minutes after my yelling at Joey and it was too much I guess. I wobbled out that I was so sorry. I'm sick about it and I can't stop crying. Oh God.
  • mtowne002
    Options
    Sorry for the rant. Took an anxiety pill. Looks like they did a nice job Pip. Hope your recovery is quick
    Mindy
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    My goodness Pip! Hope you have a quick and painless recovery. Follow doctors orders and you will be back to your usual self again!

Cheri NE Ohio