Carbs and Fats are cheap. Here's a Guide to getting your PROTEIN's worth. Fiber also...

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,610 Member
    Every time I have to repost the link on 2-3 threads close together, I figure it's time to bump this post.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Bumping for the new year crowd. Super useful thread.
  • nknis8556
    nknis8556 Posts: 26 Member
    Tagging for future reference.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Bumping.
  • AnnPT77
    Time for a re-bump. More protein questions on the forums again!
  • AnnPT77
    Bump bumpity bump bump bump.
  • kane2553
    kane2553 Posts: 1 Member
    Im fairly new to all this nutritional stuff. Is it better to go by the completeness score or the P%kcal score on the spreadsheet when trying to eat healthier and lose weight?
  • AnnPT77
    kane2553 wrote: »
    Im fairly new to all this nutritional stuff. Is it better to go by the completeness score or the P%kcal score on the spreadsheet when trying to eat healthier and lose weight?

It's better to pick ones you find tasty and filling that let you hit your daily protein goal within your calorie goal, while still hitting your fat goal and getting plenty of nice veggies & fruits.

I know that's not super definitive, but balancing those factors really is much more important than a few points difference in completeness or calorie efficiency. That said, completeness is important, but one can achieve it by combining appropriate varied incomplete sources over a period of time.

If you eat meat/fish/seafood/dairy/eggs regularly in sufficient portions, completeness should take care of itself without close attention. If you're vegan, or no egg/dairy vegetarian, it's a much bigger issue.
  • Anyway to be able to print those graphs off? I tried saving and printscreen, but I only get a portion of it....... :(
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Bumping.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Bump bumpity bump bump bump.

Oh man, thank you all for the bump, I was literally creating a smaller version of something like this as I grocery shop, this is perfect!
  • AnnPT77
    Here we go again.
  • miklverdun
    miklverdun Posts: 3 Member
    Bump!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Great. Thanks for bumping. This will be very useful...
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Bump
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Just when I'm looking for this information, someone links it in a thread. Thank you, mfp people!
  • theycallmewy
    theycallmewy Posts: 15 Member
    bump
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Anyway to be able to print those graphs off? I tried saving and printscreen, but I only get a portion of it....... :(

Go the spreadsheet linked (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12LrMGp8HiWl2FW-odoexKBMxeDTMUhwd4ooT6VoolJk/edit#gid=0) and click File>Make a copy, or File>save as
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Thanks @amusedmonkey !!!!!
  • AnnPT77
    So many related questions lately - this needs a bump.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Tagging for reference