Carbs and Fats are cheap. Here's a Guide to getting your PROTEIN's worth. Fiber also...

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,610 Member
    Thank you for all your work. I'm glad this thread came back in a new and happy (so far) form. The information you've put together is so useful!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Wow, thank you! Bookmarked.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Sweet! Thanks a lot for the work you put into this.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    That is great, thank you!
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited September 2015
    It's interesting to notice how many items at the top of the ranking are budget friendly, so it is definitely possible to eat a nutritious diet also on a budget.
    Ah can you add a "z" to mozzarella? :smile:

(thanks again for sharing this)
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    It's interesting to notice how many items at the top of the ranking are budget friendly, so it is definitely possible to eat a nutritious diet also on a budget.
    Ah can you add a "z" to mozzarella? :smile:

(thanks again for sharing this)

Haha! I added the extra z, thanks for pointing it out.

The cost column is up and there are new rankings !
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    With all this hard work, you want to see if you can make it into an APP (not sure how all that works). I bet you'd have a few takers for it.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Wow! Thank you for your work! That's a few numbers to crunch :smile:
  • andrikosDE
    With all this hard work, you want to see if you can make it into an APP (not sure how all that works). I bet you'd have a few takers for it.

You are very perceptive. It's in the works. ;)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    I'm having trouble blowing up the chart to where I can actually read it . I'm on Android app, is anyone else having trouble seeing it ?
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    This is awesome, thanks!
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    edited September 2015
    Bump
  • andrikosDE
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble blowing up the chart to where I can actually read it . I'm on Android app, is anyone else having trouble seeing it ?

Yeah, sorry, the chart is definitely too busy for small screens.
    I use nothing less than 13" to read it and my workspace is dual 24s.
    I assume an iPad would be ok but I don't have one to check.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    this is great work. Can it be stickied? Because this would be a chart I would refer back to.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,478 Member

download it to Google sheets ?
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    andrikosDE wrote: »

Yeah, sorry, the chart is definitely too busy for small screens.
    I use nothing less than 13" to read it and my workspace is dual 24s.
    I assume an iPad would be ok but I don't have one to check.

I have an HTC phone , regular screen,nothing fancy and can see it and read it perfectly

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Bumping for the benefit of any newbies around.
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    Below you can see the link to the Google Spreadsheet that I created containing 318 foods (as of 5th Sept. 2015) which shows the following:

Column Title Meaning
    A P%Cal Rank Ranking of food by Protein Kcal / Total Cals (Highest is ranked 1st)
    B Food Food Name
    C Food Category 1 of 12 food categories
    D Kcal Caloric content of 100g of food (EU standard)
    E Protein Protein content per 100g of food (also doubles as a percentage)
    F Carb Carb content per 100g of food (also doubles as a percentage)
    G Fat Fat content per 100g of food (also doubles as a percentage)
    H Fiber Fiber content per 100g of food (also doubles as a percentage)
    I Grams Fiber/100kcal This is the fiber bang for your caloric buck information. Especially good for calorie restricted diets

J Protein Quality This info is taken from the nutritiondata.self.com site. More info here: http://nutritiondata.self.com/help/analysis-help#protein-quality
    17fspk2prn99.jpg

K Nutrient Completeness info
    This info is taken from the nutritiondata.self.com site. More info here: http://nutritiondata.self.com/help/analysis-help#nutrient-balance-indicator
    uvs366ipki5d.jpg

L P%Cal Percentage of how many calories of protein as compared to the total calories of the food. In essence this is the reason this spreadsheet exists.

M-U Hidden columns. They contain all the ranking of columns B-K above and are used to calculate the overall ranking of the foodlist.

V Rank of Rankings Takes all the rankings above (M-U) and averages the rankings. Highest average ranking (lowest number) is the top food based on the above criteria (Seafood, tuna) and bottom has the lowest (Food, Chocolate Dark 45-59% cacao). It doesn't mean that the bottom ranked food is "bad", it just means that it's not best bank for the buck in regards to the above criteria.

There you have it.
    Have fun browsing the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12LrMGp8HiWl2FW-odoexKBMxeDTMUhwd4ooT6VoolJk/edit#gid=0

PS If anyone wants to add more info, please let me know and I can provide you with editing privileges.

YOU FREAKING BEAST! I was going mental adding then deleting then checking content for kind of foods I can eat -this makes it so much easier.

THANKS A LOT BRO!

Ok I just hope all data is accurate tho lol so I'll be double checking
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    edited June 2016
    Ok just want to say it again. This makes it so easier for me to pick and choose which foods I can eat as a vegetarian on a keto diet whilst having high fat content. !!! damn

Edit: Thanks