100 Day Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• funfitfreeme
    funfitfreeme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Day 4: Stairmaster Intervals - 64 minutes. Planning to start a modified version of the Chalene Extreme weight lifting program tomorrow. Hopefully I'll like it.

I'd love to know what you think! :)

Hey there,

I liked the Chalene Extreme tape. She's a very good instructor - really gives a lot of instructions about proper form. It's a good beginner's program and the session durations range from 33 to 45 mins - very efficient.

I have a 30 day BB streaming trial, so I also checked out a preview of the Hammer & Chisel series that's coming out next month. I think the exercises are really good but the drab set (dim lighting & ripped weight benches) and one of the instructor's -(Sagi) were turn offs for me. What can I say, if I'm going to press play everyday, I'd like to enjoy what & who(m?) I'm watching. :)

I still may give it a try at some point because I do believe the exercises will be very effective. But I'll stick with Chalene for a while.

I have Chalene's piyo and I've done it a little bit but not enough to decide if I really like her as an instructor. I need to work piyo in more, but I'm having so much fun with les mills combat, it's what I'm wanting to do every day. Her Chalene extreme weight lifting is something on my considering for the future list. :)

I wondered how the hammer and chisel series would feel. Appreciate the feedback!

I was curious about the Les Mills Combat - is that weight lifting? I'll have to check out some YT videos.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Day 4: Stairmaster Intervals - 64 minutes. Planning to start a modified version of the Chalene Extreme weight lifting program tomorrow. Hopefully I'll like it.

Hey there,

I liked the Chalene Extreme tape. She's a very good instructor - really gives a lot of instructions about proper form. It's a good beginner's program and the session durations range from 33 to 45 mins - very efficient.

I have a 30 day BB streaming trial, so I also checked out a preview of the Hammer & Chisel series that's coming out next month. I think the exercises are really good but the drab set (dim lighting & ripped weight benches) and one of the instructor's -(Sagi) were turn offs for me. What can I say, if I'm going to press play everyday, I'd like to enjoy what & who(m?) I'm watching. :)

I still may give it a try at some point because I do believe the exercises will be very effective. But I'll stick with Chalene for a while.

I have Chalene's piyo and I've done it a little bit but not enough to decide if I really like her as an instructor. I need to work piyo in more, but I'm having so much fun with les mills combat, it's what I'm wanting to do every day. Her Chalene extreme weight lifting is something on my considering for the future list. :)

I wondered how the hammer and chisel series would feel. Appreciate the feedback!

I was curious about the Les Mills Combat - is that weight lifting? I'll have to check out some YT videos.

It's various martial arts all grouped together. Kicking, punching, kickboxing, tae kwon do, karate and a bunch of others. So they take parts of each of these different elements and make this gritty, very intense workout. There's one 30 minute workout with weights. Various workouts from 30 minutes to 60 minutes, all super intense. It's wickedly fun. You should check it out. :)
  • funfitfreeme
    Options

Hey there,

It's various martial arts all grouped together. Kicking, punching, kickboxing, tae kwon do, karate and a bunch of others. So they take parts of each of these different elements and make this gritty, very intense workout. There's one 30 minute workout with weights. Various workouts from 30 minutes to 60 minutes, all super intense. It's wickedly fun. You should check it out. :)

Awesome - thanks!
  • Hortmama
    Hortmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would like to begin this 100 day journey, anyone else just starting?
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Hortmama wrote: »
    I would like to begin this 100 day journey, anyone else just starting?

Someone else just started today. :) Welcome.
  • g_sanhoury
    g_sanhoury Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I can't manage my scadual for exrsice. I'm a busy mom so any idea for that!.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    g_sanhoury wrote: »
    I'm in. I can't manage my scadual for exrsice. I'm a busy mom so any idea for that!.

Busy mom here too, although my kiddos are getting older with my twins in fourth grade now. Take advantage of napping children, try for 15-30 minutes and if you can't get that in, don't beat yourself up, just try again the next day. Exercise with the kids, if they're older. You should see my twins do yoga, it's hysterical.
  • WillsRN
    WillsRN Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 46: Nov 13: planks, 5 mins, >10,000 steps. Yippee!
    Day 47: Nov 14: >4700 steps, 30 mins walking after Fitbit battery died...
    Day 48: Nov 15: >5000 steps @ work, 30 mins each cleaning & grocery shopping (bought & carried several 50# of stuff,& moved a couple of bags of soil that heavy-weight lifting!)

Everyone is doing great! Sorry for weird post. Working 12 hour nights 5 of 7, & I get really tired & forget to post when I only have 1 night off. It's just enough to keep you confused what day it is...I'll do better next week.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    30 minutes les mills combat and 20 minutes piyo upper body.
  • sharlaaisha
    sharlaaisha Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, is it too late? I did a HITT training session today. How do we go about this? Do we discuss here? Or add each other via our profiles? Is this considered as day 1? So happy I found this discussion 'yaaaaaay'.
    15 minutes running
    10 minutes stationary row bike
    20 minutes stair master
    15 minutes bike
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    I would love to join, is it too late? I did a HITT training session today. How do we go about this? Do we discuss here? Or add each other via our profiles? Is this considered as day 1? So happy I found this discussion 'yaaaaaay'.
    15 minutes running
    10 minutes stationary row bike
    20 minutes stair master
    15 minutes bike

Count your own days and post what you've done. Easy peasy.

Although, I personally haven't kept track, haha, so I'm a bad example.
  • Hortmama
    Options
    Walked 7.6k today, 10,200 steps
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options

Nice!
  • funfitfreeme
    Options

Nice!

Ditto!
  • funfitfreeme
    Options
    Day 5: (11/16) Spin class + Bike - 83 mins
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options

The one thing I miss from when I had a gym membership is spinning!
  • funfitfreeme
    Options

The one thing I miss from when I had a gym membership is spinning!

I discovered Spin a few years ago when I was looking for low-impact cardio options - I think I took one step class too many back in the day. :)
  • RedSuki
    RedSuki Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my day 34! I can not believe it...hope I counted right :) I had my weight lifting training and it was time to switch from 2x10 raps to 2x11 raps! Crazy, love it! Today I have to buy some fabric for a sweater that I'm doing, so I am going for a bike ride ;)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    55 minutes les mills combat. Oh my! What a great workout.
  • Hortmama
    Options
    Today was my first day looking after my 10 month old granddaughter, I had a great day, ready for bed now. 17,000 steps, 11km, great second day to the challenge.