WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    pip - That looks really good! You are healing up nicely!
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies! i think it's healing nice too. don't get me wrong, i was poopin, it just wasn't soft, lollolol

margaretturk - u r special 2 me 2 !
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Lisa, that was really fascinating information. I actually had toxoplasmosis in 1976 when I was 4 months pregnant, and yes, I had been cleaning the litter box. I nearly died and VERY nearly lost my baby. Your post makes me wonder how much of his emotional trouble in his teens came from that exposure. I know most teens are bad, but he was off the scale bad. My exposure apparently has not made me any more intelligent, however. :D

We made our trip to Lawrence, got what I needed at the clay supplier, then I managed to talk hubby into going downtown to look for shoes and he actually found a pair he liked at the very first store we went to. Now we stooped at the lake for a minute and now are headed home. It's been a beautiful day for a drive.

Sylvia

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    My leg is still very swollen but much betteru93e6jany2ic.jpg
    than when I came home on Thursday.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    Pip~ looking good girlfriend!!!
    Well I am pooped, at pretty crappy today.. I even drank a gingerale which is highly unusual...
    now our bed has 600 thread count sheets on it and they are comfy, but they get washed once a week and we have had them quite awhile.. DH has bought quite a few beds at Bedding Barn and so we went up looking for new sheets, now if it was me I wouldn't have payed 85.00 for a set of 1000 thread count sheets, but guess who did?
    anyway we went to Joey Garlics I was not hungry so got a small bowl of beef barley soup,, not good, I could have made better soup.. Tom got pizza.. then we went to Sams. abd got a few things now home..
    I am pooped, and somehow probably will have to go grocery shopping and I hate going on the weekends, so maybe midweek... tomorrow is off to see DFIL and then off with my dad for part of the day..
  • pipcd34
    Options
    JANETR - LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY BEAT U UP!! OWZERS!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thank you Miriam. Mary, and Pip for you kind words.

Janetr ouch!

Jane hope you feel better soon.

Alison it is shocking how much a set of good sheets costs today. I got some great ones at Kohl's about a year ago and even with discounts they were 60-70 dollars. They are worth it.

Having steaks from Big Steer Meats tonight. Yum!

:heart: MNMargaret
  • janetr7476
    edited October 2015
    Options
    MNMargaret, the nurse finally called 40 minutes after she was supposed to be here. Said she would be here by noon. She finally showed up at 12:45. The physical therapist was supposed to be here at 1:00. I was not very nice to her. I gave her a piece of my mind and I very very rarely do that. Without my knowledge, she had called the PT and told him she was running late and asked him to wait until 1:30. I think it might have been nice to include me in their decision. Then she asked if I would like her to come back in a couple of weeks. Without hesitation I said NO. Lol

Pip - right now I kinda feel that way. I went on You Tube and watched a video of a total knee replacement. Oh my goodness, not pretty . Lol

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Chris in MA, if you like stir fry chicken, you'll probably like the crock pot chicken we came up with:

4 skinless boneless chicken thighs, frozen
    1 diet grapefruit soda (fresca or one)
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    2 tbsp garlic, minced
    1/4 small onion, chopped
    Thumbsize piece of fresh ginger, peeled, grated fine
    1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
    Juice from one fresh lime
    Pinch of kosher salt
    4 grinds of cracked black pepper
    1 cup rice

Put the chicken in the crock pot, and everything else but the rice in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until blended. Pour over the chicken, cook on high for 4 or 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. Take two forks and shred the chicken, leaving it in bite-sized chunks. Add the rice to the crock pot, stir, put the top back on and leave on high for 20 to 30 minutes.

Pretty yummy. The combination would work as a marinade for grilled chicken, too.

Total calories.... about 1300, and I ate about one fifth of it for 260 calories. My husband ate more than twice what I did, and there was plenty left over for one lunch for him.

Lisa in West Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    janetr, ouch, i am hoping that somehow feels better than it looks. Take care, take it easy, all the best for a speedy recovery. Karen from ny
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    String? Maybe my hair?
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    MNMargaret. I saw the same thing! Ick!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    janetr, ouch, i am hoping that somehow feels better than it looks. Take care, take it easy, all the best for a speedy recovery. Karen from ny

Right now it feels about that way too. Two or three more days and I think I'll begin to turn the corner. I can walk on it pretty well. :)

Janetr. OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oh, that's just a worm!
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Had a busy day today. Met with my personal trainer for strength training. Afterwards I went across the street to the cooking store and bought a mandoline for my girlfriend. She wants to slice vegetables really thinly and managed to cut her finger (4 stitches) using a knife to make the thin cuts. So I purchased a mandoline with a finger guard. Figure that will be safer for her to use. Then I decided that while I was out I may as well do the weekly grocery shopping. When I got home Mike wanted to go out for brunch so off we went. I dropped him back at the house after brunch and went shopping at the Halloween store for some gloves and black makeup stick for my costume for next week's Red Hat Halloween party. This week I noticed that I have very few longer sleeved tops to wear to work so I also went to Salvation Army. I spent $78 at SA!!! That is very hard to do since everything is so inexpensive. I got 3 warm and cuddly pairs of fleece pjs at a whopping $3 a pair. I got 10 tops for work. I also got a nice winter coat for only $20. The coat was $30 but when I pointed out that the lining in the sleeves was torn the clerk discounted the coat. I need to get a button for the coat and once I sew it on I'll be all set for Winter. After my shopping spree I came home and made dog food for the next two weeks. Now I'm ready to kick back and relax for a while.

Clothing sizes are so strange. 2 of the tops were XL, 7 were L and one was M. I think I will follow the example set earlier this week by several of our members and not worry about what size the label says and just be happy with clothes that fit properly.

Mia in MI
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Celebrating our youngest 2 bdays today (33 and 31). It was a good day where the girls took over breakfast without any hesitation while I've been down and out with the flu, DH had already cooked pancakes and bacon, son got the kiddies in line and SIL got some electrical problems solved. One other son came in by Skype. No matter what, family is important. Weather was awesome. I have no complaints.

love to my MFP friends.
    Renny
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy026.gifPip,congrats on your continued recovery

smiley-happy026.gifjanetr you'll be dancing again in no time

smiley-happy026.gif Mia, you are a talented shopper

t9512.gif This has been a nice restful day for me...I got up at 5:00 instead of 3:00 and walked the dogs primarily in the daylight....Jake did the rest of the dog walking...we shopped at Costco and bought only what was on our list...after lunch I met for a sit down visit with my friend that I usually meet for a 90 minute walk...I finished several important items on my paperwork "to do" list....now it's bedtime again. t2228.gif

t120006.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington