WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: It sounds like you have an ally at work. I'm glad to hear it! :flowerforyou:

Terri: The farm stores on Sauvie Island sell produce all summer long. In the fall they have winter squash and pumpkins are an eagerly sought item because so many people like to carve them for Halloween. The farm stores make a big profit during this time, and many have "haunted" corn mazes for more tourist dollars. :bigsmile:
    I love this quotation, "Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended." :heart:

Heather: We will return to Standard time on November 1. I strongly prefer daylight time because I feel as though I get much needed natural light. I wish you luck and nerves of steel with the next phase of your book. You are courageous to do this difficult writing. I can't express how much I admire you for taking it on. It has the potential to help and/or enlighten many readers. :star::heart: :star:

Lisa: Beautiful Lisa and beautiful wedding gown. :heart: Don't beat yourself up over a little backsliding during your employment induced stress festival. I have confidence you are already back on track. :flowerforyou:

ohkpet1872 and other newbies: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Linda in CA: I am not the sort who appreciates stress or competition, and an online time challenge doesn't appeal to me for that reason. Weight seems to come off come off in its own sweet time and NOT according to my time schedule. If I focus on counting calories and sticking with my goal I eventually get there. Everyone is different and I know people who love to compete. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:

DSIL & DBIL were here for several days and just left to go visit his daughter in Olympia, WA. They are travelling in their motor home and enjoying being on the road. They're in for a rainy drive today. We've had a long spell of dry weather and the rain is welcome, but it is too bad it is falling on a travel day for them. I hope the freeways aren't too slick with built up exhaust particles.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

October Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla- how did your windows and doors turn out? Pictures?

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Women's retreat was good! Saw my sister who I have not seen in 'forever'. Prayed for forgiveness for how I felt for my DDnL (married to DOS); and was told that I needed to pray to not be judgmental of her; to find things about her that are positive - and if I could not say anything 'nice' it is better to shut my mouth and then come into the bathroom or bedroom and turn it over to God. I cannot change then, only they can change themselves. Felt like a rock lifted off my chest; today I said that I'd have to forgive my DOS and DH for the 'bitterness' I felt being put into the middle or making me feel bitter towards her because I shouldn't feel guilty if I have been forgiven of judgment. So I forgave both of them and really feel much better. I hope that God will give me 'peace' whenever anything negative is said and I don't jump in and agree. I can't change how my DOS relates things to DH; but, I can put him in his place for doing so ... or letting it to be done to him. Don't leave your Drama for your Mama; you are a 'grown man' deal with it. DYS and that DDnL don't bring their 'drama' if they even have any to us; it is 'their' lives and they intend on working anything out for themselves. I don't even think that they (or her) will take it to her Mama. Maybe they will have a 'drama-free' life if they spend time talking to one another (which my DOS and his wife don't do). Sure, we all go through some kind of drama in our lifetimes, several times, and each of us must turn it over to God without snatching it back because things occur in God's timing and not outs and we have to remember that when things don't work out to our liking; it is not God's fault; he has the perfect plan for us.

Poor "Cracker" was penned up in her crate a lot on Saturday and then I had to clean it when I got home. DH did not put a new puppy paper down and she wadded it up in the corner. He says as soon as her stitches come out we need to bath her. I agree that she has a 'doggy smell' to her; but, that is mostly from not being able to go outside to do her number when she needed to. It's been cleaned and ready to come back in now with a new puppy pad laid inside it. I rubbed her down with a little spray so maybe she won't smell so 'doggy'. I really don't want her to be an 'outside' dog; but, if she is going to smell bad - she might be - but too young to go out at this point. I plan on keeping her bathed and her bed washed (it is now in the washer). As soon as his hunting clothes are dry, it will be put in the dryer; so I can get it out for her to lay of instead of a towel. He did teach her to sit and stay before getting her treats. She listened to him and he told me I had to have a more authoritative voice for her to actually do it. I've gotten up from my chair at least 3x and she has not followed me, so maybe she will understand to stay for me.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Grits- good for you! I love going on retreat!

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,798 Member
    Options
    Mary from Mn.~ Perdue Oven Stuffer roaster, large roaster chicken that you cook...put a little Mrs Dash Lemon and Pepper on it and it was yummy...
    bought Tom all sorts of snacks for work and I put them in individual bags and freeze, so I can whip up lunches quickly..
    working all day tomorrow so that will be a ball. we have 2 double crown preps tomorrow, thank goodness they are one right after the other....
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary: Windows and doors are not finished. The house is closed to the elements but there is still much work to be done. The interior trim has not been reinstalled and there are many unfinished details. I'll give an update when the work is done or when I get mad at the company. They are scheduled to be back Monday afternoon. :ohwell:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    stats for the day-
    SPIN AT HM - 45MIN, 129ahr, 145mhr, = 388cal
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    slept in and took it easy on the workout, morning peeps
    glad to hear that your family are ok

one of the surgical strips finally came off (they're supposed to fall off on their own when they are ready. as soon as it came off, started putting vitamin E and coconut oil on the scar.
    next week, go to california for kirby's marathon and my 1/2 relay (walk) with my sis.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    Options
    Been downloading my music. Mostly done. Don't seem to be able to access the micro card. :ohwell: Hope my WiFi usb stick arrives soon so I can get my photos transferred.
    Getting there. :)

Got to pick up my blood pressure pills tomorrow. I've been 2 days without any, but I don't think it will kill me.

Much love, Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather-I've never been to London so my question may sound silly. Do you have stores around you like our target where you could drive and pick up the USB stick?

PIP - it's good that everything is healing up well.

Mary from Minnesota
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Kitchen is closed! I'm not going back in there until tomorrow morning. All food has been logged.
    Day off from exercise today but was moving.

As a side note, helped DS with college apps today. Left the house for 45 minutes to food shop, came back and he had lost my credit card. Disappeared into thin air. Looked for an hour and a half with no luck. Amazing. It will show up someplace strange like the refrigerator.

Good night all.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Good for you!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :) Today was a relaxing day that featured a fire in the fireplace, laundry, TV, and a delivery to Project Linus of three blankets that I knit...shared the dog walking with hubby and rode the exercise bike for awhile
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :|
  • Franky489
    Franky489 Posts: 596 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I hear ya Kim! I close my kitchen when I hit my limit...closed it early last night...LOL Today I kept adding & subtracting food (before I ate it) on my log till I hit it just right! :D
    OH GOSH! I hope you find your credit card! :#
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    The wedding gown was beautiful ... must have been a dark emerald because on my laptop it almost looked black; but, would have been beautiful anyway. We were laughing at our Women's Retreat this weekend, some had lost husbands this past year through death or divorce; and someone came up with a formula about dating younger men. Take your age, divide it by half, add 7 and then you should not date anyone below that age. After 43 years of marriage, I think it would take a whole lot for me to remarry. Maybe a friend, with benefits - can't move in any of his personal items. If he stayed overnight, he can use my deodorant and razor; I always keep an extra toothbrush because I go to the dentist 4x a year.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Home from a lovely weekend away. I had a fabulous time singing and listening to music at a filk convention this weekend. Good friends. Laughter. Plenty of hugs. I don't know how it could have been any better.

Hugs to all of you.

Mia in MI
  • Bialetti62
    Bialetti62 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm still feeling fairly new to MFP. Can I join this crew and lend support? Add new encouraging & supportive friends?
    About me: Early 50's. Living in Germany. Walking outdoors is my main exercise. Aiming for 12-15k steps/day. Need to re-add my short Pilates routine again for core strength and start the elliptical. Cold icy days are surely forthcoming. Love my family, our cat, traveling, trying new restaurants, chocolate and
  • Bialetti62
    Bialetti62 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It had to end at chocolate? Enough said! Feel free to add me, ladies, for mutual support and inspiration.
    Bialetti62 wrote: »
    I'm still feeling fairly new to MFP. Can I join this crew and lend support? Add new encouraging & supportive friends?
    About me: Early 50's. Living in Germany. Walking outdoors is my main exercise. Aiming for 12-15k steps/day. Need to re-add my short Pilates routine again for core strength and start the elliptical. Cold icy days are surely forthcoming. Love my family, our cat, traveling, trying new restaurants, chocolate and

• Franky489
    Franky489 Posts: 596 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi Bialetti62. Welcome! I am fairly new to this too. I am catching on though. Staying real close on track with my WOE. (Way of eating) I haven't been here long, but so far I think it's a good, encouraging group...best I have found so far.

Have a great night everyone! <3 sleep tight.