WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    katla - u outta try compression sleeves and socks for your cramps.[/quote]

If it happens again, I'll give compression socks a try. DH has a bunch of them & I'm sure he'd share in a pinch. I wore different shoes yesterday and wonder if they're part of the problem. I'm wearing them again today and they're just like my favorites, same size and color. Newness is the only difference. It is a puzzle, for sure. :huh:

TerriRichards: You look wonderful! You have transformed yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Mia Thanks - when I first started MFP in June I shared that "closet"eating has long been a serious problem for me. It's getting much better and now I can just feel DJ breathing down my neck. You ladies are the best. Thanks for the support.

Irish Terri, wow, great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,387 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the treadmill. I ran for one minute, then did squats for a minute, then ran for a minute, squats for a minute. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the rebounder. We shall see how that goes.

After exercising went to Office Max then realized I had a coupon for them so I'll go back one day and get the $$. Then went to Hamrick's. I was looking for a sweater but found this shirt on sale for 80% off plus I had a coupon for another 15% off, plus they gave me the additional 20% off because it was senior day. I didn't realize that you can combine the two, now you can be sure I'll do it all the time. Home because I thought Vince wanted to go to the birthday celebration at ceramics and I needed to make something to take with me, but he didn't.

Cold and rainy here today.

Mary - I haven't used the gelatin, I just thought that was something that would give it body and wasn't sure how I could add them. I'll send you the recipes. I guess I could add the gelating in a small glass along with hot water, then once it's congealed I can add it to the cakes. Will the gelatin mix well?

Margaret - sure hope you took pics of that meeting. Sounds like so much fun.

Joyce - how great that your hubby is getting his strength back!

Gloria - I bet that someday your gs will sing that song to his children. How wonderful of you to have written it! So glad Alexander is doing so much better

Jan - welcome back!

Lisa - those kitties are used to being indoors now...just sayin'. Just the thought of them flying across the room put a smile on my face

janetr - happy early birthday!

DJ - woohoo on that bp cuff! Vince goes on these "I want to lose weight" kicks every now and then. It's not like he wants to lose a lot, we're only talking 5 to 10 lbs. Oh, you can be sure that I freeze cake divided into portions and I give it away! Love your gifs

Sue in WA - the Newcomers is a good resource for the names of doctors. Do you have one in your area?

Irish Terri - sometimes I will get something in the juniors dept. Most of the time, tho, I find their clothing to be too "young" looking. I'm no longer 20! What an amazing transformation. I just wish our Y had more (different) things. It seems to be the same old, same old all the time.

drKatiebug - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Rosie - so proud of you for going to the gym! You won't regret it at all.

Honestly, every time I try to post, it seems more posts have been added!!!!

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,700 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Irish Terri- you look amazing! Great transformation!

Michele- what you are trying to do then sounds like reinvent a recipe? Then that would be trial and error. Kim from California would also be a good one to ask this question of because this is her specialty I think. The gelatin if I made properly should mix with the silken tofu. Because of the consistency of the tofu it should set. Send me the recipe my DH is home and I will show it to him.

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @GRITSandSLUTS aw you will get back to the pool! Listen to DH...and the snake situation, (I just shivered!!!) Today at the pool I guess their sensors stopped working so the lap pools heater was on all night. Warmed it up to 88' temp! When you are lying doing nothing 88' is perfect, swimming laps it doesn't feel really great. I think I SWEATED in the water!! I did stop swimming and just channeled ESTER WILLIAMS...because I was the only one in the darn thing, and I couldn't help myself!
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Speaking of swimming, I am going to start back at the pool on Thursday! I don't really swim swim, I freestyle back-and-forth across the pool. I have difficulty with my ears so I try not to get too much water in them. More of a social time with my DSnL and another friend. But still looking forward to it!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Options
    @jmkmomm This was a great store to work for. Its main parent company was Tesco, but they expanded to the American Market. The stores started in Southern California and slowly worked their way up to Northern Calif. They were called "Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Markets" and had a philosophy that food should be easy, with not alot of chemicals so there was a huge plant that the read to eat pasta stuff came from, other veggies were local to California. I was interviewed for a cashiers job, but the more I talked about my healthy eating, he decided to hire me for their "Kitchen Table" position which was a sample person, but I had a little area at the end of the veggie isle with two sneeze-guarded areas, a convection oven, a microwave! I was like EASY BAKE OVEN WOMEN. Plus I made coffee, and sampled out whatever a customer wished to try. That was done away with, (too much waste and not enough sales) and we were made into bakers with our own area in the back. I think some of the customers actually made laps around the store, and I fed them. Hey I didn't count who got what! As a baker I would make french bread by the boxes, (it came partially cooked and I thawed and baked them. We also had a sample cart, and not only had to bake stuff but sample out too! Busy busy! It didn't help that my oven had an exhaust fan that would PIPE the scents to a strategic outflow that was by the front door. In the afternoon as I baked up SNICKERDOODLES I would purposely bake some to sample and all of my packages would go by the end of my shift! I remember making smoked salmon on french bread with cream cheese...which the customers would take a bite of my sample, then just say..."I need all the ingredients to make this". So I would sell out of all the cream cheese, smoked salmon AND the French bread! As you can tell I miss working there, but the stores pretty much bankrupted here in the states.
    Becca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    Options
    Irish Terry - A total transformation! You must feel wonderful! Those pictures represent a LOT of work and dedication. :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • Annr
    Options
    Irish Terri- It was a blast actually making meals for a couple of hours! I have decided that after I eat all my containers in my freezer, I will do that habitually! Makes me eat what I have fixed and frozen! I have to get more plastic freezer containers though!
    Becca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dr.Katie:flowerforyou:
  • Annr
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Katla- aw I am happy I made ya smile friend! I am sooo glad I am getting my act together once again with myself! I have been having trouble sleeping because my stomach is saying, "RAID the kitchen NOW"!! I have to just let it pass, and realize that there is always adjustment going on within myself. In the morning, I get excited to have my breakfast though!!
    Becca
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Dr. KatieBug... Hope it's been a grand day... bye.gif

Irish Terri, you look amazing... congrats!

:weary: Tired, but have peeled off four pounds of the six I gained. Some of it's water (both gaining and losing) but I literally worked my butt off today.

Warmest regards,
    Lisa
  • Annr
    edited October 2015
    Options
    janetr- YOU need to tell me your phone number and the best time to call and I will sing to YOUUUU.. In a private message maybe. I shall even call you on my 1957 rotary phone! If that isn't a good deal then I shall have to sing on my walk in your honor! Singing opera to the seagulls.. :-)
    Becca
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! I am getting better but now seem to have a bit of viral pink eye. The doc says only call if it gets worse. On the plus side my blood pressure was finally low enough that it is okay for me to split the pills in half! You lovely people have really helped me on this journey more than you know. Just seeing other people my age being determined and successful is just great!
    DH and I had back to back appointments. And now he has a cane, a temporary handicapped sticker and meds. There goes my walking partner...some kind of knee problem that I hope gets better real fast. It is always something, isn't it?
    Since I had to be off today for all this I managed to finally get my daffodils and hyacinths planted and moved some perennials. I get the feeling I will have to do some of the yard work my hubby usually does. There are leaves galore on the ground.
    DJ what I meant by auto leaf peeping is just driving around and not getting to walk in the woods and kick the leaves around. Seeing the big picture by car is okay, but I would rather we had been up to the leaf kicking hike.
    Welcome to the newbies!!! I don't think I could do an in person support group but this place is so welcoming, plus it is a lot like the dim mists of time when I used to have pen pals. Good to get different perspectives in life.
    Betty WNY
  • Annr
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Mia in MI- cooking up a storm on a Sunday was quite fun! I have decided to do that often! No veggies shall go to mold in MY frig! Thanks for all your support as well friend! With all the positive things I am doing, how can I NOT get to where I need to be? :-) Glad to have you along for this amazing ride I have put myself on!
    Becca
    Yes I write every sentence and end it with a !
  • Annr
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Terri in Milwaukee- I officially declare you my soul sister!!! ((((((hugs)))) I have taught my sons to hug alot too. When they were wee ones, I remember seeing an older person and saying to my sons, "She looks like she needs a hug, maybe we ask her if she needs one shall we?" At the nudest resort we used to attend, I swear all the lady friends I had made, I was literally DRUNK with happiness. Holding hands with friends, or just going out on the dance floor with a bunch of my lady friends was really an elixir in my life. Just humans coming together celebrating being happy. That aspect has been an adjustment to not have in my life presently.
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    kimses2 wrote: »
    30 minutes of swimming laps...done! Penny -- Maybe I should sleep in my bathing suit. :) But you are right that the longer I procrastinate, the harder it is to get going. As Kevin O'Leary would say on Shark Tank: Stop the insanity!
    One thing is for sure, I never regret exercising. I always regret not exercising.

Good for you with the swimming. I do 30 minutes on my hard days, and other days I only do 20, with 10 minutes of aqua-arobics, and 5 to 10 min of pull ups on the metal platform thingies. Today I channeled Ester Williams though and just played in the deep end. (Google Ester Williams if you don't know who she is) she is amazing! Keep up the great work!

Becca
    Fellow swimmer
    Oregon
  • Annr
    edited October 2015
    Options
    DrKatieBug!!! Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUU.... (yep I just sang that!) May you eat a sweet thing, sip something that tickles your nose, and order people about...you can legally do that on your birthday!!
    Becca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    janetr- YOU need to tell me your phone number and the best time to call and I will sing to YOUUUU.. In a private message maybe. I shall even call you on my 1957 rotary phone! If that isn't a good deal then I shall have to sing on my walk in your honor! Singing opera to the seagulls.. :-)
    Becca

Oh, yes. I will so do that. I'm not sure how to private message, but I'll figure it out. :) What a terrific special surprise for my 66th.

Janetr OKC